test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combadges on female toons clip

craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Its cme to my attention that there are a few combadges that clip when a female toon has medium to large busts.
Terran empire badge doesnt sit flush against costume on any toon, male or female. If you turn sideways, see it floating in midair.
The next generation - film combadge clips on female toons
The next generation - series combadge clips on female toons
The wrath of khan clips very slightly on bottom left corner of badge when looking at it
Bajoran combadge sits forward,(floating in midair), at top part of combadge while bottom part sits flush against costume

i have been waiting for a very long time hoping this wouldve been fixed by now. The others look good. Any chance of seeing these fixed soon?
I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
planet-space-sun.jpg
Post edited by craig76 on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Agreed. I absolutely LOVE the TNG badges, but since I play female characters and want the badges visible on my main, the bust size is determined by the badge, forcing size to be set just under 50% on the slider I believe to avoid any painful looking clipping.

Also it does look like the WoK badge actually changes size based on female bust size.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Agreed. I absolutely LOVE the TNG badges, but since I play female characters and want the badges visible on my main, the bust size is determined by the badge, forcing size to be set just under 50% on the slider I believe to avoid any painful looking clipping.

Also it does look like the WoK badge actually changes size based on female bust size.

Yes, it is painful, my favourite one is the DS9 one, looks the same as Voyager's badge, cant use it on my female toons.

Never noticed that about the WoK badge tho, i'll have to have a look at it :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Well... the DS9/Voyager badge is the same badge after all. Unless you consider the early 2 seasons of DS9 when they were using the TNG series badge. :D
    My primary badge is the TNG movie one, as seen in my sig. At least it is on my main.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2014
    Yeah thats what i mean, DS9/Voyager both the same :)
    TNG is my next fave.

I dont even know if this is right area to be posting about these clippings lol....hope it is :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TNG movie badge is what I use as well... and it clips on Odyssey uniforms a lot, that being said, I use rather 'flat' bust setting, and they still clip. But, an improvement is coming, it did fix the harshest issues for me, as per testing on Tribble, so hopefully it'll be fixed for those who like to have more endowed characters too. :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

edited October 2014
    Be good if there is a fix coming :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Combadges have been an issue forever now, adding yet another restriction on 'why buy more costumes when...?' clipping or mesh issues makes combining them next to impossible.

Imagine if T6 starships had unresolved clipping issues visible from light-years away. It really is that bad on some combinations. Risian beachcomber shorts for females have tears in the worst spots possible, talaxian shirts have messed up tattered-looking seams at the chest (talaxian 1 & 2 on large bust size), long intel outfit has a dividing line between top and bottom sections which the sideways (crooked) intel belt can't fix to name some that come to mind.

For starters, it would be nice to fix the badges. TOS mirror uniform clips with motion picture, combadge, TNG film, TNG Series (can hardly even see it), and wrath of khan, some of which clip even with bust size below half-way. TNG in general clips poorly overall. Fixes would be appreciated.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It also happens with the TMP badge, although only slightly, as it sits higher on the chest.
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
    edited November 2014
    Any news from the devs about these combadges clipping getting a fix anytime soon??
    planet-space-sun.jpg