test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Event for Germans only?

Comments

• admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It has been confirmed by a German mod that all rewards will be given out after the event.

According to the mod, it also doesn't matter how you are launching the game (steam, arc or still using the old launcher should all work).

http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=4902422&postcount=16

So all that you probably need is a German or French IP and you should get your prices.

Thats great. I cant stand the german version of the game so I play on english all the time.

Was worried that the reward might only count for german clients :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope that's just the IP.

Honestly, that's the most badly done official event I've seen in a video game. And I still doesn't understand why only the french and german can do it. I'm not complaining, mind you, for once that it's not locked for us...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thats great. I cant stand the german version of the game so I play on english all the time.

Was worried that the reward might only count for german clients :rolleyes:

Same here. The German translation is just awful. They always translate literally which often results in some very weird wording. I hope this French-German login event benefits players from Switzerland and Austria too.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    szim wrote: »
    Same here. The German translation is just awful. They always translate literally which often results in some very weird wording. I hope this French-German login event benefits players from Switzerland and Austria too.

It seems at least austria too. It is an event made by Perfect World Entertainment Europe, so I think they do this in each European country where they are allowed to do this by law. Different countries, different laws...
  • nasfaelnasfael Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    > Maybe also people from se land with cheese and chocolate get email too? You know Heidi, Alm
  • bense2355bense2355 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Duuuuude, that line not in use for like 60 years anymore. And also kind of banned in germany; some could react quite touchy to it.

Okay, that made me cringe and log in because it's a common misconception that needs to be clarified:

Das Lied der Deutschen - the song of the Germans - is, with all of it's three stanzas, the official national anthem of Germany. It is perfectly legal to show up at a town square and sing it as loud as you can. It's neither forbidden and only morally dubious if you are trying to make a statement out of it by only singing the first stanza (Deutschland, Deutschland
  • ltbazzltbazz Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bense2355 wrote: »
    Okay, that made me cringe and log in because it's a common misconception that needs to be clarified:

Das Lied der Deutschen - the song of the Germans - is, with all of it's three stanzas, the official national anthem of Germany. It is perfectly legal to show up at a town square and sing it as loud as you can. It's neither forbidden and only morally dubious if you are trying to make a statement out of it by only singing the first stanza (Deutschland, Deutschland
  • castiuscastius Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So whats with the peeps who already have the delta flyer? Do we get something else? Like more Lobi crystals? :)
  • ltbazzltbazz Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bense2355 wrote: »

• admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Weltmeisters deserve some Lobi :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well it's the 28th... so did anyone outside the EU get the rewards? Anyone from UK? Or Quebec Canada?
  • davidfenrisdavidfenris Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Well it's the 28th... so did anyone outside the EU get the rewards? Anyone from UK? Or Quebec Canada?

I'm Austrian and I didn't get it.
    OmAl3agm.png
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    I'm in France, and I had nothing yet. They say on the news we'll get it some time after the end of the event. How long ? I have no idea.
    And don't count on anything if you are not from EU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oneofexploitoneofexploit Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Blame Hitler ;)

j/k
  • waffadeuce1waffadeuce1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    *snip* I'm in France, and I had nothing yet. *snip*

Question: Why are the boulevards in Paris all lined with trees?

Answer: Because the German Army prefers to march in the shade.

So don't worry, my friend, you'll get it eventually...

Starts humming Das Panzerlied... *grinz*

Kill Feddie.

Waff
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nothing inmy country and im not frog/jerry.
    If it will be universal eu (vs us)..then im all in, but if this only chosen eu countries... :(.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm in Germany, it's the 29th now, and nothing in sight. But to be honest, i did not expect it so soon because of an E-Mail which stated this:
    erei1 wrote: »
    They say on the news we'll get it some time after the end of the event. How long ? I have no idea.

And that's totally ok, since it's free stuff. Ok, technically they got their desired Login's from me, which they would have gotten (at the moment) either way.

I personally already got the Delta Flyer, but the free Keys & Lobi are always welcome. :)
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014

i glaub de werten des erst aus nach da reih.

:D
    edited October 2014
    i glaub de werten des erst aus nach da reih.

:D

Der war fies! :D
    czertik123 wrote: »
    nothing inmy country and im not frog/jerry.
    If it will be universal eu (vs us)..then im all in, but if this only chosen eu countries... :(.

If you got an E-Mail regarding this, you should get it too. It would suck (and would not make much sense imho) if PWE would only choose some EU countrys to launch this PR campaign.
    edited October 2014
    Question: Why are the boulevards in Paris all lined with trees?

Answer: Because the German Army prefers to march in the shade.

So don't worry, my friend, you'll get it eventually...

Starts humming Das Panzerlied... *grinz*

Kill Feddie.

Waff
    I'm half german, IDC :p
    And BTW, we have trees in Paris so the dogs have somewhere to pee. And drunken people to.
    ransom2375 wrote: »
    If you got an E-Mail regarding this, you should get it too. It would suck (and would not make much sense imho) if PWE would only choose some EU countrys to launch this PR campaign.
    I didn't had a mail, and I live in France. But play in English. I truly hope I'll have the reward.

To be honest, I think this whole event was badly done. Not enough informations given.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    This is just insulting. This just makes me even more mad at Cryptic.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ransom2375 wrote: »
    I'm in Germany, it's the 29th now, and nothing in sight. But to be honest, i did not expect it so soon because of an E-Mail which stated this:

jezus its only 29th in EU, in California its still the 28th. Wouldn't be surprised if you wont see anything till 16:00-18:00 CET.
    edited October 2014
    graysock wrote: »
    jezus its only 29th in EU, in California its still the 28th. Wouldn't be surprised if you wont see anything till 16:00-18:00 CET.
    I can see how my sentence can come across wrong, but in fact, i am with you on this.

Personally i dont care when i get it, it's free, so i am happy. I just wanted to point out for everyone, since the topic came back up in this General Discussion Forum, that the specified event time is over (in the EU) BUT no date for the delivery was given by PWE. It could be later this day, next Thursday, or sometime next month. That's all.

It's more interesting to see now, if this event was EU wide, or country based. PWE could just have listed all eligible countries in the news & mails (IF it's not for all EU countries), which would have prevented this whole confusion about it.
  • agentkovalagentkoval Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am living in Germany and I received the same email, however there were no prizes yesterday or today or even during this "event".

I am not sure why we received this email, but it was not true. I did however receive an alert from the account guard a couple weeks after I got the email saying that some one was trying to access my account from another computer... was this a scam?

I will say that sometime they do an even over here in Europe first and then a couple days later they will announce it in the United States.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am German, log from Germany and play from Germany! I never got any mail in Germany for any in game rewards for doing what I do as German. Quiet frankly I do not even care because the way the game is doing the past two weeks I consider going back to watching German television from my German couch.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah well I'm a Brit living in Malta, and I can tell you that EVERY game company ignores Malta. Yes we are in the EU.....apparently.

On a plus side, most epic films get shot over here, including lots from Game of Thrones. :)
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I log in from Germany (but play on English client), and have seen no evidence of this "event" at all. Maybe it was a promotions mixup with the weekend 60 lobi event?
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am pretty sure this was an aRC promotion (I'm not sure though, just speculating) so I guess you won't get anything by using a regular client or steam.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited October 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I am pretty sure this was an aRC promotion (I'm not sure though, just speculating) so I guess you won't get anything by using a regular client or steam.
    Read this:
    It has been confirmed by a German mod that all rewards will be given out after the event.

According to the mod, it also doesn't matter how you are launching the game (steam, arc or still using the old launcher should all work).

http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=4902422&postcount=16

So all that you probably need is a German or French IP and you should get your prices.

I just found this post from a German Community Mod which is pretty enlightening:

http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=4912012&postcount=38

According to him, the event took place in the following countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France. Crucial is the IP and nothing else.
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just noticed I got the mail too (France), no prizes though.. Not enough with the game being broken they need to do it with events too hmm?