test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[VIDEO] The Wizards of STO Present: Infected Space Advanced - [2:06]

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Problem is , "down the road" seems to be not good enough for the non-DPS crowd , and irrelevant to the DPS crowd , as they are already above the average player in terms of DPS by at least one magnitude .

Exactly,

I myself can only speak for ground which is more accessible for the community I play in.

The difference from old elite to current advanced is a mere minute of longer play for the right goup.

The only thing cryptic has managed with the revamp of the most run maps in all of STO is make em unenjoayble for the “average” team which addresses sadly 90% of the community.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Exactly,

I myself can only speak for ground which is more accessible for the community I play in.

The difference from old elite to current advanced is a mere minute of longer play for the right goup.

The only thing cryptic has managed with the revamp of the most run maps in all of STO is make em unenjoayble for the “average” team which addresses sadly 90% of the community.

100% agree!
    After DR i play only ground stf, it is well balanced and dont have bs like 200-dps vs 3000-dps players.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    Really?
    Devs can easy cap dps... diminishing returns on weapons, tac consols and crth\crtd. So 10-12k dps will be maximum (at all elite 14 gear)
    And they should really do this, to balance players. (3-4k average player and 10-12k top dps'er)

8 Mk XI beams firing at a constant 120-125 weapon power at close range is 6-8k DPS.

You have ZERO idea WTF you are talking about if you think 10k is good. It is entry level.

ezriryan wrote: »
    Good evening Captains,

DPS 50k and DPS-Prime presenting some spells being cast upon Infected Space Advanced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeRuHD9bXlA

To give some insight into the DPS perspective of things the sorcery commences for 2 minutes and 6 seconds until the Advanced Package is being relinquished. Beware, it may exceed speedlimits and be around 17 times faster than you'd expect.

best regards
    RyanSTO

Already down to the 2 minute mark... Great work guys.
  • ezriryanezriryan Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its almost depressing how far off some people are.

We never wanted that the game in general becomes overly difficult for the majority of people, we never asked for advanced (which was supposed to be the old elite) to be a 4 times increase. We asked for a new difficulty that would actually be challenging. These videos serve the purpose of showing, that the difficulty is not being increased by sliding the HP multiplier up. We, as well, never asked for the decrease in dilithium and neural processor gains from the STFs, Cryptic decided to do that on their own, and they can have all the credit for it.
    Also this is to prove the point of "leveling 17 times faster", which they call an exploit. Well, if you can find it... tell us. Because we mostly didn't even level in Tau Dewa and stil got most of our points removed. My Federation toon was 2 mins 30 secs in a Charraya patrol at level 51, does that justify taking like 20 spec points away?

On another note, these videos may be used as a guideline, along with our guide videos where we explain how and why these builds work. But they do at no point force you to play anything like this. This is a suggestion and a practical display of how things can (!) be played, but not neccessarily have to be played. Therefore no one needs to feel vilified.

We offered talking to.. basically everyone of the staff we could find. To little/no effect at all.
    Even though on the podcast one guy claimed he would like talking to us, trying to get into contact has thus far not worked.
    So we do this to raise some more attention.
    If anyone feels like talking, i am quite sure you know where to find us.

best regards
    RyanSTO
    edited October 2014
    Trouble is, you guys are already in communicative contact with every dev who will listen, and also the entire playerbase who will listen.

Of the former, they just do not and cannot understand how you do the stuff you do - if they play at all, they play at a tenth of your level, with god mode on. They do not understand DPS, and they do not understand difficulty. To them, this IS difficult - to us, it is a tedious grind that is a bit longer than it used to be.

Same in PvP - only one mod does it to any extent. No devs do it. Brandon did, but he was before my time.

Of the latter, any of them who care enough to improve, or want to, already know what you say and what you do.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014

We never wanted that the game in general becomes overly difficult for the majority of people, we never asked for advanced (which was supposed to be the old elite) to be a 4 times increase. We asked for a new difficulty that would actually be challenging. These videos serve the purpose of showing, that the difficulty is not being increased by sliding the HP multiplier up. We, as well, never asked for the decrease in dilithium and neural processor gains from the STFs, Cryptic decided to do that on their own, and they can have all the credit for it.
    Also this is to prove the point of "leveling 17 times faster", which they call an exploit. Well, if you can find it... tell us. Because we mostly didn't even level in Tau Dewa and stil got most of our points removed. My Federation toon was 2 mins 30 secs in a Charraya patrol at level 51, does that justify taking like 20 spec points away?

On another note, these videos may be used as a guideline, along with our guide videos where we explain how and why these builds work. But they do at no point force you to play anything like this. This is a suggestion and a practical display of how things can (!) be played, but not neccessarily have to be played. Therefore no one needs to feel vilified.

We offered talking to.. basically everyone of the staff we could find. To little/no effect at all.
    Even though on the podcast one guy claimed he would like talking to us, trying to get into contact has thus far not worked.

best regards
    RyanSTO
    Thank you for clarifying the purpose of your video, I was wondering what message if any it was suppose to be sending. :)
  • casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014

best regards
    RyanSTO

Just wanted to thank you again for posting this. I looked at Peggy-o's build and have implemented some of what i saw. I have had a decent increase in my Scimitars dmg/dps, unfortunately this is the direction the game has taken so if you can't beat them join them. I'm still no where near the dmg/dps i saw you and ur teammates doing in the video but still decent nearing 30k dps. As for all the whiners blaming you and others like you for the difficulty in the game, just ignore them. As you stated in your post you and others like you asked for a seperate more challenging setting for players like you and not to change what the mass of players were happy with.

cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Trouble is, you guys are already in communicative contact with every dev who will listen, and also the entire playerbase who will listen.

Of the former, they just do not and cannot understand how you do the stuff you do - if they play at all, they play at a tenth of your level, with god mode on. They do not understand DPS, and they do not understand difficulty. To them, this IS difficult - to us, it is a tedious grind that is a bit longer than it used to be.

Same in PvP - only one mod does it to any extent. No devs do it. Brandon did, but he was before my time.

Of the latter, any of them who care enough to improve, or want to, already know what you say and what you do.

Maybe you should read his last paragraph again where he states he has offered to talk to game staff and have had little to no response, so don't say that they r in contact with every dev when he clearly states the opposite.
    edited October 2014
    i guess he is trying to point out that:

,,every dev who will listen" might be an empty set {
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited October 2014

best regards
    RyanSTO

Just to add additional clarifications: we where approached informally by several devs but getting official communications going seemed to have fizzled.

I'm guessing the devs in question are having trouble sorting out the protocal for this kind of thing.

At this point I no longer care. I wash my hands of all of this. Maybe one of the other DPS admins still cares enough...

I'll make a suggestion here for whichever dev is interested: read and watch any and/or all of the guides that have been made, there are several good ones at www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/wiki

Do an ISA run and parse higher than 10k DPS using CombatLogReader. Upload your score to the DPS League. Within 48 hours a DPS admin will send you an invite to one of the channels (do not message any of the admins for an invite!).

Once in the channels, ask for help and advice. create your ship build in stoacademy, include your skill tree and traits.

Keep an open mind and listen carefully. The most important thing if how you fly the ship, not what gear you have.

Use one of your non dev accounts, no pink text in the DPS channels.

Details about CombatLogReader and the DPS League can be found in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254621
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    While the time and video is nice there is still reality.

That reality is pre DR majority of players could not finish a STF without dying

PRE DR majority of the players never got over 8k in DPS.

There is good many people who prefer Tanking and SCI builds over DPS.

If you don't understand that then let it be known many people don't like Scimitars.

More than often videos like this are not viewed fondly as so many players take it as your putting them down.( If you cannot do this you stink)

With all that said you cannot say people will only have fun with super high DPS.

I have found most people just want to relax and have fun with an average build.

Hmmm thats why it's called average.

So I guess what I'm saying is after DR the same players will blow up and still not have super high DPS.

So if your point is just to brag then thats a turn off.

If your point is to show the DEVs it's to easy, why your group is above average in DPS that's already known.

The game needs to be for the casual / average players to keep people around long term.

To prove my point look at what happen when they increased the STF difficulty people stopped playing.

Don't take me wrong I just don't see how this post will improve the game or attract and keep new players.

It's the little guys who get hurt in the end and over looked.

Being a group of such high DPS standards it would be nice to see you lead with helpfulness and stop putting players and the DEVs down.

One more note because most people don't fly Scimitars let's see some videos with more popular ships.

That also have how it was done videos to reach out and help the more casual players.
    download.jpg
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    damn you guys suck
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014

If you don't understand that then let it be known many people don't like Scimitars.

More than often videos like this are not viewed fondly as so many players take it as your putting them down.( If you cannot do this you stink)

With all that said you cannot say people will only have fun with super high DPS.

So I guess what I'm saying is after DR the same players will blow up and still not have super high DPS.

If your point is to show the DEVs it's to easy, why your group is above average in DPS that's already known.

The game needs to be for the casual / average players to keep people around long term.

To prove my point look at what happen when they increased the STF difficulty people stopped playing.

Don't take me wrong I just don't see how this post will improve the game or attract and keep new players.

Being a group of such high DPS standards it would be nice to see you lead with helpfulness and stop putting players and the DEVs down.

One more note because most people don't fly Scimitars let's see some videos with more popular ships.

That also have how it was done videos to reach out and help the more casual players.

People who are "average," as you put it, should have no problems with joining "Normal" queues, right? So there's no problem.

And, as far as helpfulness, have you ever seen them refuse someone advice? I haven't. I actually got some myself, without condescension or ridicule.

I'm not entirely sure how you've come to the conclusions you posted.
  • v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like all these "elite" knuckle draggers posting in here that the "average" player should stick to normal STF.

Normal STF does NOT give Borg processor, does NOT give enough dil and as we all know the common "starter" decent set up is the two peice borg set, from there you work on up. So...according to the elite knuckle draggers we should grind away while the high DPS'ers large it up in their penthouse mansion sticking it to everyone.

Gotta love the PVE heroes in this game...buncha knuckle dragging chest beaters...
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
    edited October 2014
    v1ctor1st wrote: »
    I like all these "elite" knuckle draggers posting in here that the "average" player should stick to normal STF.

Normal STF does NOT give Borg processor, does NOT give enough dil and as we all know the common "starter" decent set up is the two peice borg set, from there you work on up. So...according to the elite knuckle draggers we should grind away while the high DPS'ers large it up in their penthouse mansion sticking it to everyone.

Gotta love the PVE heroes in this game...buncha knuckle dragging chest beaters...

i agree with this statement entirely.
    edited October 2014
    or you just go read what has already been posted to this thread. (Page 4 should contain most of what you need)
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I don't understand:

1. Why is it the fault of people not wanting to carry people (or worse, fail because of them) in harder content?

Shouldn't the devs be the ones you're mad at for this? They do, after all, control what drops come from what missions.

2. If the harder content gives out better things, why wouldn't one try to improve so they can do this content?

You can't try the stuff with friends a few times and get the hang of it, before you just jump in blindly?

3. Why the hate for the higher DPS queues, with the whole expansion being about more power creep?

Just levelling to 60 will get you more dps. Just getting better weapons will get you more dps. Using the ship specializations, skills, and traits, will get you more dps. And you don't even have to acquire more skill for any of this.
    edited October 2014
    Maybe you should read his last paragraph again where he states he has offered to talk to game staff and have had little to no response, so don't say that they r in contact with every dev when he clearly states the opposite.

Two points.

One - read what was actually written, not what you think is written. I put key words in my posts and phrase stuff as I do for a reason, not there just to be ignored.

Two - read the post by the person who correctly read and understood it.

The reality was the content could be successfully pugged by T1 ships, and in the hands of players like the OP, shuttles. Let alone any consideration of at what level of player should Advanced and Elite be aimed at.

The content is pure DPS in requirement - That is a fact of basic mathematics. PvE victory is decided by blowing stuff up in the correct order. It is not decided by Tanking or Healing - complain to Cryptic if you want that changed.

If rewards were actually sensibly thought through, you could make Elite require more DPS than even these guys could kick out and it wouldn't matter - frakked rewards are not a reason to dumb Advanced and Elite down so that average players can do them, it is just a symptom of a broke system. The fact is, if Normal rewarded a Rep Special Item and a Advanced Queue Material pack drop, Advanced and Elite difficulty would not concern those wanting non-DPS builds. (should average players in average builds even be doing Advanced or Elite Queues?)

These guys will pile help on you if you ask, if you knew anything about them you would know that at least. I suspect for at least 1 or 2 of them it is all they care about that remains in STO...

The Scimitar is used because it is simply the best at DPS, and as such, used for setting DPS records. They could do it with normal ships other players use for sure, but it isn't as effective.

Blame the reward scheme for that problem - Average players should stick to Normal STFs, they are who it is for. It is only a broke reward scheme that means people need to run Advanced and Elite STFs.
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good evening Captains,

DPS 50k and DPS-Prime presenting some spells being cast upon Infected Space Advanced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeRuHD9bXlA

To give some insight into the DPS perspective of things the sorcery commences for 2 minutes and 6 seconds until the Advanced Package is being relinquished. Beware, it may exceed speedlimits and be around 17 times faster than you'd expect.

best regards
    RyanSTO

thumbs up, great job. keep it coming :)
  • oneratsonerats Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Players that are unable to perform well do need to stick to normal. You don't need a two piece rep set to perform well however. I've got a brand new rommy char that can do almost as much dps as my main and she's using cheap TRIBBLE purples I got off the exchange. She dies pretty quickly when she does enough dmg to pull everything two her, but she can still perform pretty well and doesn't do that when in a group with other decent people - just when she's beating the snot out of the rest of the group.

Also - I would like to state that processors and the like CAN be gained via rep boxes. I've already got like 5 of the new ones via that method, and it's only been what, a couple weeks?

You don't have to be at the level in these videos to get into advanced and do fine. Get your ship put together reasonably well, learn to play, and join and advanced with 10k or so. That's not at all hard to get, even in greens. And please, please.. carrying sub 5k dps through a Korfez battle is just no fun. Most of the time it just results in a loss, and a waste of time for everyone. When it's not a loss it's because we got lucky and the better players worked their behinds off to pick up the slack.
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i agree with this statement entirely.

And I entirely agree with this statement--it was very well said and thought out.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Too quick, please nerf.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited October 2014
    for the common player like myself, this queue is still unbeatable. i think it is simply outrageous that they would put such a unreachable for most players in the game, and then tolerate the elistists who like to sit high and mighty over the common player such as myself.

honestly threads like this only further the division in the sto community and should be added to the NO GO thread list, because this is as bad as asking for a t1 connie.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2014
    The Scimitar Is a broken ship giving more dps from hidden perks ...nothing else explains its op firepower many other romulan ships are just as good but fall short in dps...I propose its a sell gimmick by cryptic.

The builds this group uses are devoted around 4 other team members with alike builds and ships designed to melt the npcs before the team can take any noticeable damage...Also there on teamspeak and know what they need to do at each step.

Take that away put those ships with 4 avg pugs there dps will drop by 75% or more and they will respawn a lot

With 4 teammates with 5 scimitars/Romulans with teamspeak and alike builds most players could copy the OPs team with alike dps and success

80% of the player base is Fed using a varity of fed ships....this group is of little to no help to those players when they could be if they applied themselves

The Devs don't even understand this...looking at the mess they have made from the game tho that's completely understandable

The main lesson here is you need 5 ships the same ...with teamspeak with the same builds to push your dps as high as you can until you hit the point you kill the npcs before they can damage a team member
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited October 2014
    pulling random TRIBBLE %'s out of your TRIBBLE ftw. also rip pve bootcamp.
  • jb9kjb9k Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    The Scimitar Is a broken ship giving more dps from hidden perks ...nothing else explains its op firepower many other romulan ships are just as good but fall short in dps...I propose its a sell gimmick by cryptic.

The builds this group uses are devoted around 4 other team members with alike builds and ships designed to melt the npcs before the team can take any noticeable damage...Also there on teamspeak and know what they need to do at each step.

Take that away put those ships with 4 avg pugs there dps will drop by 75% or more and they will respawn a lot

With 4 teammates with 5 scimitars/Romulans with teamspeak and alike builds most players could copy the OPs team with alike dps and success

80% of the player base is Fed using a varity of fed ships....this group is of little to no help to those players when they could be if they applied themselves

The Devs don't even understand this...looking at the mess they have made from the game tho that's completely understandable

The main lesson here is you need 5 ships the same ...with teamspeak with the same builds to push your dps as high as you can until you hit the point you kill the npcs before they can damage a team member

Poor jellico how little you know.

First doesn't have to be all scimitars, but everyone having ships that are not complete pieces of **** like some of the ones you were promoting with your pve boot camp does help.

Second, we don't need to be on TS, think some were on that run but barely said a word, we actually know how to play the game so we don't have to be telling each other when to scratch our ***.

Third, yeah romulans and scimitars are always going to be the best but feds can play to, they just need to fly halfway decent ships. Plenty to choose from, Narcine, Jem Dread, and Recluse to name a few. If you got a problem with no fed zen ships being worth a damn you'll have to take that up with the devs, we complain about that regularly.

Finally yes we do explode a bit more if we play with people who are absolutely terrible like the ones you trained in your PvE bootcamp, what do you expect to happen when the entire map shoots at 1 player because the rest do absolutely no damage and there for draw no agro.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2014
    your funny
    I see you don't counter my points because you cant.....your builds and crutch ships are made for your team and teamspeak..there is nothing special about you or your team to anyone who knows how your doing it

Alone in a pug................your average maybe substandard...As a Fed your probably worse

use your scimitar you need it ! and your romulan you need him too with your valdore console..ect and stay in your team...your just mad ive explained your success so others don't think your so OP your not OP or special

I even took my fun hunter escort and flew in your ambush group and put out the DPS I said I would before the match started when your entire team tried its best to steal all the dps and you could not do it......

I stated before your ambush I would do 13k dps and flying in your 3 scimitar 1 arkief ambush group I put out 13k dps wihich I call a failure of your group tsk tsk

Just to stay on topic

5 ships like the Avenger or the phantom escort with 5 DPS builds that take advantage of dps with teamspeak equals success in elit content nothing special about it

you dont have to be a romulan or have a scimitar unless you suck so bad you need the extra perks
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited October 2014
    Didn't your Cryptic "sponsored" pve bootcamp get shut down and "unsponsored" because you just don't have a clue? That really sums up your entire post.

Oh, I guess custom tailoring a build to perform the best in a certain situation is somehow bad now? I always thought it was using a little something called intelligence, and no not the specialization. Crutch ships? Using the best ship in the game is a crutch? That's called making an informed purchase.

If there's nothing special and you clearly are the ultimate authority on everything sto, replicate the results. Bet you and your pve bootcamp squad can't.

Teamspeak? Really? What is this people's first time playing a stf? This isn't a fps pvp match bro.

Why would anyone ever pug anything ever? And btw, pre DR everything got solo'd, with the exception of nws, which has been duo'd not sure anyone has even cared enough to try post dr.

As for the rest of your post I'm pretty sure that's not english, might be wrong though. I'll leave that one open for debate.