test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Orion - Bare Legs w Boots PLEASE?

senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Well, With the Release of Delta Rising, for the first time EVER Orion Females can wear something other than Sandals on their feet with the "bare legs" option.
Apperantly the new Intel outfit boots are now available in the category.

But can we PLEASE have all the rest of the boots unlocked to us? Theres no reason for us to NOT be able to use them with bare legs & loin cloth options, seeing as how they work perfectly fine with miniskirts.

Please??? :(
Post edited by senatorvreenak on

Comments

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This. Very much this! Please.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seems pretty silly that we can't. It's not like there's a potential clipping issue.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can't be an Orion and wear boots. Or purple. The KDF has very strict uniform guidelines, even for exotic Orions. We must be drab!

Not like Starfleet where you can prance around dressed as a colourblind rainbow.:P
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Well, the actual issue according to the current STO restrictions is that's a bug for the Intel boots.

That said, I agree it's worth evaluating what options are available.

In fact, the many updates coming soon to the female legs and footwear, etc. will hopefully improve and increase compatibility enough that we can allow more options to all species. We have plans to make a similar pass on male assets as well.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In fact, the many updates coming soon to the female legs and footwear, etc. will hopefully improve and increase compatibility enough that we can allow more options to all species. We have plans to make a similar pass on male assets as well.
    Does that mean you're THINKING of considering my all-clothing/hairstyles for both sexes of most races suggestion?

Or am I way off?
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Does that mean you're THINKING of considering my all-clothing/hairstyles for both sexes of most races suggestion?

Or am I way off?

I think you might be reading a little bit too far into that statement.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, the actual issue according to the current STO restrictions is that's a bug for the Intel boots.

I can understand if it is a bug, but if it doesn't interfere with anything else, please don't take away that combination. Also, I do earnestly hope that you guys are taking into consideration more versatility in mixing and matching costume parts.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What would be really amazing would be a "at your own risk" freestyle mode, that completely removed all the barriers, letting you mix and match any and all costume options available to your faction/species. :D

And by at your own risk i mean an unsupported option that has not and probally wont recieve full testing for clipping issues and stuff etc.
    edited October 2014
    What would be really amazing would be a "at your own risk" freestyle mode, that completely removed all the barriers, letting you mix and match any and all costume options available to your faction/species. :D

It's a fun idea, but the closest we'll ever allow for that is foundry creations.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think you might be reading a little bit too far into that statement.
    Yeah probably. :(
    edited October 2014
    It's a fun idea, but the closest we'll ever allow for that is foundry creations.

There goes my dream of combining traditional Orion clothing with Elite Honor Guard accessories... would have looked so epic! :(
    edited October 2014
    There goes my dream of combining traditional Orion clothing with Elite Honor Guard accessories... would have looked so epic! :(

Ah, maybe I misunderstood you.

We definitely won't unlock everything, even in an advanced "at- your-own-risk" option...meaning we don't want to increase opportunities for costumes clipping drastically. We already struggle to minimize clipping, and many players would (and already do) see clipping as glaring mistakes in the art of STO.

However, like I said, with our current and continuing goals to improve the fit of assets, this will also increase compatibility. And then, it is absolutely worth it for us to evaluate what is available for players to mix and match. You and I are not alone in wanting lots of options when making characters :)

And your dream of combining Orion w/ Honor Guard isn't that far fetched to me. As members of the same faction but very different species, I would imagine some cross pollination of fashion. Even Worf sported a Klingon Sash as a member of the Federation. And Klingons seem like they would be even less stringent with uniforms.

More simply put, we aren't interested in giving a lot of options that functionally don't work together, causing majore clipping. But we will consider loosening the restrictions of species specific clothing, while taking into consideration what is appropriate for the faction (again, as long as there isn't heinous clipping).

Anyway, it's something we want to evaluate, but it's great to hear input from you guys.
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, there are a lot of things I'd like to be able to mix up. The TOS Medical t-shirt would work great as an off-duty item, for example. Or the skirts. The off-duty Mercenary pieces would work with uniforms, etc.
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, there are a lot of things I'd like to be able to mix up. The TOS Medical t-shirt would work great as an off-duty item, for example. Or the skirts. The off-duty Mercenary pieces would work with uniforms, etc.

Yeah, that sort of thing.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited October 2014

We definitely won't unlock everything, even in an advanced "at- your-own-risk" option...meaning we don't want to increase opportunities for costumes clipping drastically. We already struggle to minimize clipping, and many players would (and already do) see clipping as glaring mistakes in the art of STO.

However, like I said, with our current and continuing goals to improve the fit of assets, this will also increase compatibility. And then, it is absolutely worth it for us to evaluate what is available for players to mix and match. You and I are not alone in wanting lots of options when making characters :)

And your dream of combining Orion w/ Honor Guard isn't that far fetched to me. As members of the same faction but very different species, I would imagine some cross pollination of fashion. Even Worf sported a Klingon Sash as a member of the Federation. And Klingons seem like they would be even less stringent with uniforms.

More simply put, we aren't interested in giving a lot of options that functionally don't work together, causing majore clipping. But we will consider loosening the restrictions of species specific clothing, while taking into consideration what is appropriate for the faction (again, as long as there isn't heinous clipping).

Anyway, it's something we want to evaluate, but it's great to hear input from you guys.

You could start with losing faction restrictions for uniforms that are no faction specific.
    For example the Seven of Nine uniform, which is only locked to federation because seven wore it, while at the same tiem in game the borg liberation process is available to all factions.
    So the uniform should be as well. Because it is not a official starfleet uniform, it is a bio-suit to help with the liberation process skin healing.
    Or the Merc uniform, kdf has a ton more mercs, or romulans then the federation, yet the merc uniform is federation.

Playing devils advocate here, since those are c-store outfits, make them sale for like 1/2 more zen for each additional faction unlock.
  • rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Would be nice if some outfits that aren't really faction "uniforms" were available to all factions. T'pol and 7 of 9 ones come to mind.
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The 'current STO restrictions' are are a bit ridiculous, considering its only for *players*. There are *multiple* instances of female Orion NPCs having the thigh high TOS boots along with the 'traditional' Orion outfit.

It's good to hear there are 'updates' coming, and hopefully one will be unlocking the thigh high boots for PLAYERS, since the NPCs have had it since the game was in Beta over 4 years ago.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Any pieces from the Set uniforms would be cool, especially Omega pieces. Also some new options for alien toons would be awesome, I noticed the aliens on Risa had some new alien pieces (plus an NPC wearing the Iconian Armor :eek:) and I've also seen an alien Fed NPC with what looked like a tail, tails would be awesome too :D
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Getting Romulan female dual shoulderpads fixed would be nice too. Shameless plug, yeah!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014

About that.... There are definitely several KDF outfit restrictions that make sense. Orion headgear for example...

I do kinda wonder about the Nausicaan cuirass option and a few of the others.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • illustriousqillustriousq Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You know, for the Diplomatic KDF Bridge Officers we get from the Diplomatic commendation category, I would absolutely love to be able to put them in Starfleet Uniforms.

Odyssey Uniform on an Orion slave girl (wearing her Orion shoes, headgear, and possible shoulder pads).
    edited October 2014
    rygelx16 wrote: »
    Would be nice if some outfits that aren't really faction "uniforms" were available to all factions. T'pol and 7 of 9 ones come to mind.

That would be nice, too. You can't claim Seven's catsuit would be inappropriate for an Orion.

I'd also like to see pieces from the various armor unlocks like Omega, MACO, etc mixed into the uniform category. Though I'm sure that would involve a lot of work fixing clipping issues.
    edited October 2014
    Yeah i never understood why the 7 of 9 catsuit was faction restricted, or the Borg parts that come with it.