test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post-DR: Obtaining Dilthium quickly

ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
edited October 2014 in The Academy
Looking for a guide to the fastest ways to gain Dilithium ore post-Delta Rising.

Yes, I know there is a refining cap. I just want to gain dilithium on alts the fastest way possible without sending ALL DAY on the game. ('Cause I don't have that kind of time)

Wanting to earn say 130k Dilithium per alt as quickly as possible.

OK...Discuss.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Doff missions - especially turn over contraband, relocate colonists and one of the Fleet Dilithium mine projects.

Other than that, dyson ground all the way, but you need to be playing for that one. It's quite fun mind.
  • rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Absolute quickest way is selling Zen for Dil.

But I'm guessing you don't want to do that so, run a featured Foundry mission along side the Investigate Officer Reports daily on the alts you want Dil on quick. I ran one yesterday that if I run it again, since I spent the time yesterday reading the story, would take me maybe 15 minutes to do. Oh, and I wound up with more than 4k Dil between the 2 missions.

Dilithium mining both at the Vlugta asteroid field as well as your Fleet mine, if you're in a fleet and have the mine to a high enough level. (lvl 3 I believe) Running those can net you a bit over 3k Dil.

Other than that, run Contraband DOff missions, 4 hour mish for a 2k Dil payout.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now, I'm sure others will chime in with other, possibly better avenues of Dil gathering.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In addition to the above, foundry featured episodes plus investigative officer reports will get you half your daily limit right there.
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Correct, I am trying to MAKE ZEN from my Dilithium.

Using the Dilithium Weekend I ground Voth BZ A LOT.

Just thought there might be faster ways.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you can time it out, getting the tier 5 rewards from the reps on a dilithium weekend does a lot for you. not necessarily super fast, but probably one of the simpler ways to get a bunch.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neomodious wrote: »
    If you can time it out, getting the tier 5 rewards from the reps on a dilithium weekend does a lot for you. not necessarily super fast, but probably one of the simpler ways to get a bunch.

This never occurred to me before... but then you'd have to live without the T5 power till they have a dil event.
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    This never occurred to me before... but then you'd have to live without the T5 power till they have a dil event.

Is that really a problem? The t5 powers aren't amazing and they're on loooooong cooldowns.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »

In all honesty, the only one I use with any regularity is the Counter Command one, and that captain is in a frail little T'Varo. the others are occasionally nice, but with overly long cooldowns.
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I was working the Tier5 projects idea for a while. I have 15 level 50 alts. None of them had even started Reputations until after the Crystalline Event. I can only do so many a day, so I am rotating 7 at a time (takes about 3 hrs of game time to get the missing marks each need to just run the dailies for all the Reps, except Delta) By the time the Dil event started, I had 4 alts ready to cash in.

Right now, I am trying to earn enough Dilithium to buy the DR pack outright without buying ZEN.

Right now, It would take about 40 days to refine everything I have and it would be only 1000 zen shy at a 160:1 ratio. If I can balance out the other alts to about 130k each, I could have it in 2 weeks. I know I'm racing against the PWE clock of when they'll up the price.

Right now I have the 4 alts at around 250-280k each, my main at 145k and two other alts around 100-110k. The rest are 50k or lower. (These numbers are refined and unrefined combined.)
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I was working the Tier5 projects idea for a while. I have 15 level 50 alts. None of them had even started Reputations until after the Crystalline Event. I can only do so many a day, so I am rotating 7 at a time (takes about 3 hrs of game time to get the missing marks each need to just run the dailies for all the Reps, except Delta) By the time the Dil event started, I had 4 alts ready to cash in.

Right now, I am trying to earn enough Dilithium to buy the DR pack outright without buying ZEN.

Right now, It would take about 40 days to refine everything I have and it would be only 1000 zen shy at a 160:1 ratio. If I can balance out the other alts to about 130k each, I could have it in 2 weeks. I know I'm racing against the PWE clock of when they'll up the price.

Right now I have the 4 alts at around 250-280k each, my main at 145k and two other alts around 100-110k. The rest are 50k or lower. (These numbers are refined and unrefined combined.)
    A few additional sources (not enough for primary revenue, but nice extras)

When you log into each character, trade nukara marks for dilithium, few people have a use for anything in that rep.

Look at you engineer doff each day. There's a common that gives 250 dil and there mother's that give 50 each. Tactical has a good number of 50s too, these give quite a bit on crits.

Recruiting 5 colonists then sending them out gives 500 a day.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Correct, I am trying to MAKE ZEN from my Dilithium.

Using the Dilithium Weekend I ground Voth BZ A LOT.

Just thought there might be faster ways.

Here are some SLOW ways that pay-off BIG on Dilithium Weekends:

Claiming Reputation Marks and Reputation "objects" (e.g. Borg Neural Processors) under the Upgrade assignments. Claim the Marks during these weekends to get 50% more Dilithium. These are normally 500 Dilithium for 50 Marks, during the Weekends it's 750 Dilithium per 50.

Also when completing Tier V on Reputation advancements - don't collect the Tier V completion project until Dilithium Weekends - it will also be rewarded 50% than the standard 32,000 Dilithium.

(Sorry, some of this was already mentioned in other responses.)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • indarys70indarys70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Doff missions - especially turn over contraband, relocate colonists and one of the Fleet Dilithium mine projects.

Other than that, dyson ground all the way, but you need to be playing for that one. It's quite fun mind.

You really just need to be logged in on a zone. I will generally just switch zones until I find one close to the event, do the event, then repeat, takes maybe 30 minutes to cap dilithium and I save all the marks/epic marks for turnin on weekends. If I can't find a zone close I'll just idle and play something else on monitor two.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As to tier5 traits being not helpful? I disagree. They are massively helpful. All except the voth one (that's just weak). Yes, they do have long cooldowns, but they are pretty darned worth it IMO. C&C shield bubble is just plain awesome. Nukara is a good zap in a close-in group that will do a lot of damage. Rom one is a great "oh sh**" device and will save your butt many a time, especially now with the nonsense difficulty levels in play. Omega rep is awesome but for ground. I've zapped that sucker and revived 3 downed teammates at ONCE with it when I was the last man standing in a bad bad situation. It saved the day more than once.

Sure, if you gotta wait, you gotta wait, but these are excellent tools. It's just a shame Cryptic gimped the entire system and limited how many we can load at a time.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ^ ^ ^

Yup- The sci buff power is great especially when tied to a GW then frosted with the tet cascade. Hadn't needed to use the shield yet.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looking for a guide to the fastest ways to gain Dilithium ore post-Delta Rising.

Yes, I know there is a refining cap. I just want to gain dilithium on alts the fastest way possible without sending ALL DAY on the game. ('Cause I don't have that kind of time)

Wanting to earn say 130k Dilithium per alt as quickly as possible.

OK...Discuss.

Open up your wallet you tight wad. :)

Pretty quick way is contraband and using prisoners for "Force Labor" missions. However, these primarily applies to KDF and KDF-aligned Romulan toons. For "Forced Labor" missions I siply buy my prisoners from the Exchange. It is quick, easy and usually not too expensive. However, this KDF only.

Acquiring contraband basically depends on quality of your Doffs. The higher the quality the greater your chances of success and critical success. Both Fed and KDF have opportunities to obtain contraband, but the KDF have more missions (mostly Marauding) that rewards them. Missions are rather sporadic many time you can find a lot of them, but sometime they seem to be pretty scarce.

My Tactical KDF toon can get a lot of contraband when I have the time to play. I can typically get 20 to 30 contraband per day from that toon. On weekends when I have more time to play that toon can get more. Best record for that toon is 50 contraband in one day. However, I have spend a lot of time and a decent amount of EC build up the quality of the Doffs on that toon. That toon has almost 300 Doffs with no white or green quality Doffs except for a single white Security Officer who sole purpose is to turn in contraband for dilithium. However, when I got my record 50 contraband in one day I only had 200 rare / very rare Doffs with a sprinkle of greens.

My Engineering KDF toon generally gets between 15 - 25 contraband per day and max is probably just over 30 in a single day. This toon has around 260 Doffs but I have not devoted a lot of time to building up the quality of the Doffs compared to my tactical toon. I would say about 30% of the Doffs are green with some whites.

The KDF toons feed my two Fed toons and 1 Romulan toon. However, I also have these Fed toon do missions that rewards contraband whenever they come up. The amount of contraband each of these toon can get per day generally ranges between 2 and 6. Although a few times I did get as many as 12 because I had one normal success (2 contraband) and two critical success (5 contraband each). One has 400 Doffs of blue or better quality Doff with a sprinkle of greens. The other two only has 200 Doffs each ranging between green and purple.

My two KDF toons can gather more contraband than all my 5 toons can turn in for dilithium (once, sometime twice per day). Between them I have 6 stacks of contraband sitting in their bank slots and I am currently building up the 7th & 8th stack. If you devote the time to your KDF toons then they can be a very effect means of gathering contraband and eventually converting into dilithium then exchange for Zen.

I treat all my toons as primary toons because I try to devote equal time to them all so none of them are farming toons. Since I have an unoccupied 6th toon slot and I have 3 Fed toons, my next toon will be KDF (maybe KDF aligned Reman... maybe)...

Click the following link to a list of missions that rewards Contraband. This is not a complete list as I have done missions which have rewarded contraband but are not listed. However, it does list most of the missions.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Contraband