test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities

desade1desade1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
Is there any point in doing this anymore? Will strange artifacts award xiv consoles to a level 60?
Post edited by desade1 on

Comments

• Options
    boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Probably. Untill that time, I will get there myself.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Yup Nadorc is still around except it's cool down appears to be a lot longer than it used to be. I was seeing it every three days. Now its over a week before I see it again. Now bear in mind I'm a serial doffer. I'm doffing on average every four hours at least three times a day. Sometime more if I'm not at work or busy with RL. The real question is and I was thinking about this yesterday like, is there really any point to strange alien artifacts and is it even worth powering them anymore? Does cryptic actually have a use planned for them. Because pretty much everything they're current used for is obtainable through the crafting system. Their one last remaining use was for the field generators but like I said with the crafting system this is now mute.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They still sell nicely on the exchange, so someone must have some use for them. Maybe as lampshades?
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    They still sell nicely on the exchange, so someone must have some use for them. Maybe as lampshades?

Please define nicely. Last time I looked they were barely in six zero figures. They had used to sell for several million each for a powered alien artifact.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    desade1 wrote: »
    Is there any point in doing this anymore? Will strange artifacts award xiv consoles to a level 60?

Nope, 'Free' stuff is limited to Mk XII... On the other hand, a chance for a Blue or Purple Mk XII console (even if random) with NO DILITHIUM COSTS will insure some kind of demand for them...
  • Options
    huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    Please define nicely. Last time I looked they were barely in six zero figures. They had used to sell for several million each for a powered alien artifact.

For something that required no energy to obtain it, I define it as above the 450 ec that your average doff mission might give. 6 zero figure therefore more than qualifies.

No need to lose perspective on values just because markets fluctuate.
  • Options
    desade1desade1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For something that required no energy to obtain it, I define it as above the 450 ec that your average doff mission might give. 6 zero figure therefore more than qualifies.

No need to lose perspective on values just because markets fluctuate.

These require shapeshifting lockets and something else valuable. So even at low 6 figures its not something I would bother with.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In the last week process have fluctuated between the high 200,000s to the low 500,000s. I'd say that someone's still buying them, at least occasionally.