Install Arc

Did this ever actually happen?

angiewilliamsangiewilliams Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Post edited by angiewilliams on

Comments

• opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The dev named gozer that had the project quit. He was one of the better devs we had back in the day, and I was sorry to see him go.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gozer, now thats a name I haven't heard in a long while!. He was an extremely hands on dev, pvp was something he done along with his other jobs ( almost a labour of love ), if pvp ever had a champion for its cause... that cause died when he left and, what we have now is the fallout of he's departure, power creep an all.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    PvP abandoned then? Or was Gozer replaced. Is it a worker drone that replaced him?
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2014
    The PvP revamp died when Gozer left. Was a cool cat. Would not be surprised to see history repeat itself either.
  • lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Jorf is back!!!!!
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    he was a good dev for sure, but all that was an absurd over reaction. it was not so unplayable EVER, that that they might as well just remove it. just sounded like the typical pve'er reaction to his first pvp match. i think this was said shortly before 2 AtB was possible too, that made things much more balanced for underperformed
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2014
    Jorf is back!!!!!

Just lurking, not playing.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At the end this whole pvp revamp thing i never had my hopes up high, i strongly doubt there is any aborted pvp content or a revamp at all, im sure he was just in the planning stages and was probably like

'this code is a mess, this balance would mean the whole pve/pvp system had to be split up, time to find another job'

He probably got the assignment from someone who knew/knows nothing about STOs internal code and it was pretty much a wasted effort before it even got off the ground.

and hi jorf, hows that 2d space sim coming along, does it have footpedal support yet? :-P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No game would be ever complete without footpedal support! ;)
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!