test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[DR SPOILER] Scimitar interior stolen by Jarok [DR SPOILER]

sotek23sotek23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Romulan Discussion
So I bought the scimitar bundle before they added the option to use the default romulan bridge + interior wich is awesome and I'm very glad they did, but when running the Delta Rising missions I had to help Tiaru Jarok recover her ship (the R.R.W. Leiset, a Tulwar dreadnought if I'm not mistaken) from a Vaadwaur boarding attack and came to see the beautiful dreadnought interiors:

You start in Jarok's cuarters, yes that's her bed. And what's that on the wall? isn't it the painting "you" with the advice of the anoying Tovan recovered from your planet while at the same time fighting the elachi? Seems to be pretty generic :eek: you lied to me Tovan!

2n6sm0x.jpg

54u64x.jpg

The bedroom connects to the captain's ready room:

2rz87ly.jpg

24l7sbt.jpg

Obviously there is a dreadnought Lounge:

2h5i7ms.jpg

122oh7l.jpg

The plants Thing:

2aalddz.jpg

Sickbay:

2igdlz9.jpg

Corridors:

2wp5xs4.jpg

Armory (look at the armory not at my science boff perverts :rolleyes:):

21dmu4i.jpg

r043d4.jpg

Yes! finnaly a place for Tovan Kiev in my ship, holding cells. Just add the option to "seat" him as a permanent boff as he is there:

2dkmmw0.jpg

The door behind the thalaron device is actually a turbolift:

2aepdfo.jpg

Transporter room:

2ibckly.jpg

And last but not least the sincularity core room, even if just like the the other ones is just a reskin of the default romulan it looks cool and I would like it for my scimitar:

x2owfd.jpg

972pl0.jpg

It's clearly intended for player use with all the trophies etc Why don't we have it yet :mad:

Also since I'm talking about the dreadnoughts interiors and I know that the bridge is from that movie I don't want to remember and can't be changed because of "canon", what about a really big Zen Store bridge with chairs that would fit better for the dreadnoughs?

English is not my main language so sorry if there are grammar errors or something sound wierd.

Yaikser.
Post edited by sotek23 on

Comments

• Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This interior is obviously made from the parts from the default Warbird interior. Nothing looks special to me.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    drpepper82192drpepper82192 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The captains quarters/medbay deck and engineering were just the generic Romulan interior with some debris and plasma dumps tossed in, unfortunately. Absolutely nothing different about it.

If they were reskinned with new textures, it would be nice to have access to those, though.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It looks like most of it is just recoloured Star Empire/Tal Shiar ship interiors. I seem to remember most of those places whilst being held by Hakeev in "Mind Games."

Sickbay has had the Tal Shiar torture devices removed but it all seems familiar to me.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is a slight color variation in some of these areas (more grey and less green than the standard Romulan Warbird interior). That, however, is beside the point. The fact that there is an interior at all means that it can be and should be available on player Dreadbirds (and the fact that there is an interior of the Khnial means that it could and should be available on player TSABC and TSAD). Seriously, what is the great challenge involved in putting a bloody turbolift in some of these ships which will connect to even the standard Romulan interior? And for that matter, why do the Feds and Klinks have multiple bridge variants from which to choose (even a few without spending any Zen), while Romulans are stuck with a single option?
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    yeah its a bit different from standard rom interior, and yeah I want it as an option
  • Options
    sotek23sotek23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah it's mostly a reskin but that's better than the "no interior" we have now for the scimitar bridge option, there are also a few details that look better than the default for the dreadnoughts like the doors looking heavier or armored.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Enh... We might get it around the same time that Romulan bridges gain the ability to walk to their department heads...

Also.... we only got a tiny piece of Hakeev's bridge on the playable Talshiar ship. Hakeev has a full bridge layout in Mindgame.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah its a bit different from standard rom interior, and yeah I want it as an option

To the point and absolutely correct.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There's been a lot of effort put in by the Devs in these Romulan sets, for Jarok's ship, for Hakeev's ship...

I think it would be great to have these sets on our ships. Even if it's a C-Store purchase, it'd give the players a chance to keep admiring the great set design work, and give Republic players some interior options in the store finally.
  • Options
    alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    There is a slight color variation in some of these areas (more grey and less green than the standard Romulan Warbird interior). That, however, is beside the point. The fact that there is an interior at all means that it can be and should be available on player Dreadbirds (and the fact that there is an interior of the Khnial means that it could and should be available on player TSABC and TSAD). Seriously, what is the great challenge involved in putting a bloody turbolift in some of these ships which will connect to even the standard Romulan interior? And for that matter, why do the Feds and Klinks have multiple bridge variants from which to choose (even a few without spending any Zen), while Romulans are stuck with a single option?

because cryptic expect as to fly our allied ships instead and not be a true romluan. Am not enjoying my romulan anymore, too many quest which i undertake called me starfleet, which takes the fun out of the game.:mad:
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    alikain wrote: »
    because cryptic expect as to fly our allied ships instead and not be a true romluan. Am not enjoying my romulan anymore, too many quest which i undertake called me starfleet, which takes the fun out of the game.:mad:

I'm not sure why you assert that Cryptic expects us to use KDF or Starfleet vessels instead. We cannot even get T5 (and thus we cannot get T5U) or T6 allied ships. The Dreadbirds are T5 (and can be upgraded to T5U).
  • Options
    caediciuscaedicius Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    While I agree with that (it is really not so that Cryptic support flying other ships, I would say Roms are rather treated with similar neglect as KDF-players, which have more bridges etc. - but much less than Feds). On the other hand I would say alikain also is very right that it is strange how often you are (as a Rom player) mentioned from others as Star Fleet or KFD or at least not as Romulan (even when it comes to missions in Tau Dew). Delta Rising is in that case at least somehow better, although the game is still very much lacking the possibility to react more freely to what others say. Sometimes I really wish there would be alternatives to that stereotype sappy-good-guy-answers you could give as only option.
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I doubt we'll see those anytime soon, I'm sure Cryptic would say something along the lines of, well....that's Jarok's ship, or Hakeev's ship and was made for them. Meaning it's not for players use.

I'm pretty sure if you dig around you'll find they've said something similar to that in the past. Then again, we might get a VOY bridge soon which would probably look pretty similar to the one from the missions, so the argument could be made well, if we have a bridge that looks almost the same as Tuvok's, why can't we have one that's similar to Jarok or Hakeev.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hakeev's bridge is available with the Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser and Destroyer. It's a very well designed set - very effectively creepy.

That's a valid point, though. With the full Voyager set also available, and players for sure wanting access to it, it'd make sense to also capitalize on the popularity of the Scimitar-type warbirds and sell the interior package.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Hakeev's bridge is available with the Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser and Destroyer. It's a very well designed set - very effectively creepy.

Unless something has changed very recently (and I know it hasn't with the Scimi, because I have checked since DR went live), the TSABC and TSAD get only the bridge and ready room, not an entire interior. I have both, and have explored them thoroughly.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    True. They do only get the bridge and ready room.

Maybe they could release a "Romulan Story Interiors" package for a few ZEN, to fill out the rest of the ships.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ideas for the Adapted Eng section though?
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The Adapted ships use a warp core. Maybe just take the current Romulan engineering room, add Borg bits all over, and quite literally wire a matter-antimatter reactor in the hole where the singularity usually is.

It will look horrid, as it should - wires, pipes, and braces all over the place, to put a warp core in a place where a singularity core should have been.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    One thing I noticed while exploring Hakeev's ship is that it has a few rooms not present on most interiors. Such as an auxiliary cargo bay used as a research lab. They could just put the engineer NPCs there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg