test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a fix for the hotkey error that erases all your choices?

littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
This is becoming extremely annoying, almost to the point where I'm just about to quit playing this game. I can't tell you how many times it happens, because it's just happening over and over again. But I sign up for a fleet action, or a mission, zone in and then my hotkey choices are completely gone. So as the rest of the group is already fighting, I'm spending the next minute being shot at while trying to switch my hotkeys back to normal again.

Is there a solution to this? Please help me with this as I love the game, but another instant death while I'm trying to figure out where the hell my firing button now is has got to stop.
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
Post edited by littlesarbonn on

Comments

• Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    In b4 cryptic white knights. :cool:

That's not helpful Is there a solution to this problem? THAT would be helpful. Obviously there's a solution somewhere because I don't see this as a problem that tons of people are complaining about. I've looked in options, I've looked on the ui. I can't solve this. And it's driving me nuts.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I noticed that set item powers and sometimes console powers vanish from my tray after changing maps. It's inconsistent though. My DRomias looses it's three undine rep powers almost at every map change, my Nicor never does. :confused:
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here's something u can try that has worked for me and several of my fleetmates. Set all ur tray, doff etc how u want them. Save loadout, then remove 1 console and load the loadout u just saved. Nice and easy and like i said has worked for me everytime i had problems on my multiple toons. Good Luck.
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    2 out of 5 of mine were hit with it. And yeah, it's frustrating.

Tried a few different suggestions; the one that worked the best was setting up two loadouts (different names) that were virtually identical (swapped two consoles, position wise on the ship).

Different names for each loadout, do not repeat loadout names across characters.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle