test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "Entertainment" part of Perfect World is gone for me

kapustickkapustick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Over the past few years I've enjoyed this game. I've endured all the challenges presented by the broken mechanics in every new update. Yet, the game still presented me with the hope that it would mature into more than it ever was before. Until the release of Delta Rising, my faith and support of this game has been rewarding.

With the pending release of the new Seasons, I limited my exposure to the content under development so that I might enjoy the exploration of episodes without spoil. However, with the release of Delta Rising, the disparity between entertainment value and character progression was extremely disappointing. The mission storyline was embellished with patrol missions that added little value to the overall experience. The unwritten story that becomes blatantly apparent is the amount of time needed level a character.

As a mediocre player, I enjoyed just flying around and collecting items - for no specific purpose. I avoid the PvP community due to the seemingly hostile and verbally abusive nature of the player base. However, these players and the high DPS player have all been right. Many of them have said, "you shouldn't be playing this game."

The release of Delta Rising has been successful. The game is now focused on rewarding players that have studied the mechanics of the game to maximize their potential in game. It also rewards their investment. However, the game has left players like me (which very well might be an extreme minority) without hope or fulfillment from exploration. The game has left me feeling empty. The message of Star Trek is somehow been striped from the game. Star Trek Online seems to developed into a mere shell that masks the mechanic to generate money.

I can no longer see the Star Trek Universe in the game. The grind has robbed me of the entertainment value the game once had. The time required to play through the new endgame and develop my characters is ironically as overwhelming as Voyager's return trip home from the Delta Quadrant. I must forfeit the time I've invested in this game, the $4000 I've spent over the last few years, and all the fleetmates I've met online. The entertainment value is gone.
Post edited by kapustick on

Comments

• stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i'm a fairly causal player. i play 4-6 hours a week. my ship does 10-12k dps. i learned how to do that by reading ship build threads in the shipyard section of the forum. i haven't invested hundreds of dollars or thousands of /played hours to be good. i simply play. i don't have mk 13 or 14 gear. i don't have vr or epic gear. i've done about a dozen advanced queues and haven't failed one yet. i made it to 60 having done nothing but buy a single t5u token with grind zen. i don't grind anything i don't want to grind.
  • cah3cah3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah I reap absolutely no joy from playing anymore, and I used to really love this game. I may come back to it again but I'm not anytime soon.