test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EP speaks on this week’s exploit

Comments

• adarandreladarandrel Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xms9779 wrote: »
    Am I to assume that Cryptic intended for us to get the same amount of xp killing enemies on normal as we would get for killing them on elite?

No you get Twice as much, not 5 times.
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for explaining this. The number of affected players is small when you look at the big picture, but just 30 players can start a panic. It is nice to see you are offering to help the players who didn't play the exploit. I will send this post to a few fleets to help calm nerves. Have a great weekend.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like I don't even care about dil and xp and exploits....how does someone become the number one player in the game???
    Are we being ranked?
    Have I been playing wrong?
    Where are the rankings?
    What am I ranked at right now?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What about the XP nerf?
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adarandrel wrote: »
    No you get Twice as much, not 5 times.

You haven't played recently, I guess ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The fact that you, mr Stephen, are deflecting the responsibility onto the players, labeling anyone who lost points an exploiter when it's pretty apparent to those who actually have brains that many more are affected who are innocent, and are now creating a rift between players who did no exploiting and the suck up brigade of sychophants who are berating them for having justified concern...

... Makes you the most unpleasant person in a leadership role I have quite possibly ever dealt with and it makes me question your qualifications to be doing the (poor) job you are doing.

Congratation you've just created a rift in the community cause you can't own your mistakes or even acknowledge that there might be bugs. Entirely reprehensible and I truly hope it backfires.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not number one in the game, but I'm number one in your hearts :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Like I don't even care about dil and xp and exploits....how does someone become the number one player in the game???
    Are we being ranked?
    Where are the rankings?

No, only in a delusional mind is one No. 1 in STO, since it basically a button smasher. However; that being said, perhaps he or she is referring to those two fellas who beat NWS on their own.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    It's a known fact that people with anonymity on the internet, always tell the truth.

People have every reason to lie.

If they tell the truth about exploiting, hey, they get scrutinized by their peers for admitting guilt to exploiting.

If they lie, they can at least take a 50/50 gamble over whether or not someone will believe their story.

Nobody is going to admit to exploiting. Nobody is going to admit they were one of the people who were correctly penalized.

I am not saying particular people are guilty or not, mind you.

Just that there is absolutely no reason to admit to exploiting, it is not something people will do.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't care Jesus Christ, Buddha, and Mohammed returned to Earth together to start an STO fleet. In the game, no player is more important than any other.

Well if only real life worked that way... it doesn't of course.

There are people that organize things like DPS channels... PvP channels... People that keep other backsides in the seats. The person they where talking about if its who I think it is... is one of the people behind the popular STF DPS channels. Yes loosing those types of people is going to hurt Cryptic in the pocket book very hard.

There are also plenty of whales... the "extended play time" people in the game... I'm sorry I don't mean to sound full of myself and yes its a stupid video game... but the fact that I have 20 toons I CARE for not just use to grind D... and by care I mean Multiple Lockboxships... Cstore ships... MK 14 weapons on a ton of them already. Not to mention the 100-500 keys I will open on a given day. (mostly I buy them from people... that keeps Cryptics Money wheel turning... with outpeople like me spending 500mil EC a day buying zen store stuff... the people spending $ would dry up) Add all that up and no players are NOT equal. Loose 20 guys like me and Cryptic will notice the $ drop Instantly... and that is sort of where its at.

Over my time working exchanges and such I have come to know more then a few other "whale" players that are combo $ spenders and some are more (and just as important) $ spend facilitators. Yes plenty of us are thinking about calling it... the idea of grinding for 100s of hours per toon is sickening. At least before it may still have been 100s of hours but it somehow felt like it was achievable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    here's an odd bit...you call them exploiters, yet heavily nerf elite xp. since those two things are obviously connected then they weren't exploiters but power grinders. you (cryptic) decided it was the xp was too high, and players grinding the missions at a high rate were leveling far too fast.

you chose to see them as exploiters even though they were just running the content repeatedly and rapidly. else...why did you have to nerf the xp eh? you have made no mention of any specific exploit which leads to it must have been fixed annnd...all that was 'fixed' was the decrease in xp.

see how interconnected those 2 items are? you punished people who spent a lot or a moderate amount of time grinding where no exploit was involved except the xp gained was reasonable to the time and difficulty of the enemies.

so...what's next? power farmers and the new power grinders which will run normal content 5x or more faster than the elite stuff will get called exploiters too? just because they have more time to grind it out? did you even take that into account when you graphed 17x faster earners?

you know, vs active accounts, accounts with lots of alts where the player switched between them alot...how exactly did you even arrive at 17x eh? what averages did you use? all players 50 or above? logged in for x amount of time? actively running content and not sitting in esd chatting?

yeah not buying the 17x, not buying there was any exploiters, they were just grinders. YOU cryptic didn't like it, didn't like that delta stuff was being ignored for tau dewa. and that was entirely your fault, not the players. if you actually had decent content in delta that players could level off of...then tau dewa wouldn't have been so attractive.

the players don't make the game you do. we just play it as it's presented. if you don't know wtf farmers or grinders can accomplish after this long in the mmo industry...quit your job now before you do anymore damage to the game and the player base.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • cosmicsunwindcosmicsunwind Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are we being ranked?
    Where are the rankings?

I think you have to post on the forum a lot humblebragging, probably be in an active fleet, and also spend $400 a month on the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamipoikamipoi Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thank you for your response askray sorry real life interupted my forum time.

so the Q is run by community managers then well i hope they will just rename it to Community Q or put that info in the forum stick ;-P

anyways i hope that the communication between cryptic and us will grow to a greater frequency it is the only thing that can let us the players know how you feel and you know how us the players feel.

otherwise confusion and mass riots tend to happen and well they still will but they will calm down faster if given respect and information.

and Askray thank you for your response usualy we all feel ignored around here by even the likes of the rule enforcers like you.keep this up and a better relation can be forged.
    edited October 2014
    Getting 13 points total was excessive?

I don't even
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Mal (if that's who we're talking about; and I think it is) is generally considered the Nr. 1 player of this game. If he goes, best take heed.

Most squishiest player anyway, anytime I catch those DPS channel people in pvp pugging its free kills, the only way they avoid it sometimes is by bringing 5 scimitars in and spawn camping cap and hold. They will not be missed.

Their PVE records are mostly from setting up very controlled situations, its unrealisitic DPS and their ships builds for that can't be used outside of those situations. Game is better off without them, its one of the positive things of DR.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited October 2014
    I think you have to post on the forum a lot humblebragging, probably be in an active fleet, and also spend $400 a month on the game

or buy the DR Bundle Pack to be N0. 1 - or the first player to buy the DR Bundle pack and show off the new shiny all over ESD. :P
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014

so I'll just stay at player level #299
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • adarandreladarandrel Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just decided that neoakiraii is number one. I said it on a forum so it must be true!!!!

I-AM-NUMBER.jpg
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    If they tell the truth about exploiting, hey, they get scrutinized by their peers for admitting guilt to exploiting.

I was one of these "Exploiterinos" (grouping Tau Dewa from Hell etc), haven't lost anything ... now please report me ... because guess what after the 20th Spec. Point, I finally realized it's a waste of my time anyway ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited October 2014
    kamipoi wrote: »
    thank you for your response askray sorry real life interupted my forum time.

so the Q is run by community managers then well i hope they will just rename it to Community Q or put that info in the forum stick ;-P

anyways i hope that the communication between cryptic and us will grow to a greater frequency it is the only thing that can let us the players know how you feel and you know how us the players feel.

otherwise confusion and mass riots tend to happen and well they still will but they will calm down faster if given respect and information.

and Askray thank you for your response usualy we all feel ignored around here by even the likes of the rule enforcers like you.keep this up and a better relation can be forged.

Can his Butt Cheeks get any redder? :P

Just "F'n" with you man. :P
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • arthgon2049arthgon2049 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here is my ticket number: #141024-001528

And for the record, I was not cheating as some other forum posters seem to think that everyone that got hit with this spec point wipe was.

I primarily got my skills points soloing the Argala system on elite and to get the last 3 or 4, I teamed up with a group.

I hit level 60, about two days after the expansion hit, after that, it was just grind, grind, grind for spec points.

I had some time off, so I was playing just about everyday all day.

So to those forum posters that think that everyone who got their spec points wiped "cheated" in some way, I'm sorry to inform you that is not true at all.
  • xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    but keep it civil so they can collect responses.
    Come on,

Be realistic. D'Angelo is already at home soaking in his hot tub and using his ivory backscratcher ;). He cares n'owt about your replies to him. Nor does his company.

However, for this post to have happened means we are going the right way. Keep the faith, my "vocal minority" brothers and sisters (even though I lost nothing). They are finally starting to take notice.

Cheers!
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    or buy the DR Bundle Pack to be N0. 1 - or the first player to buy the DR Bundle pack and show off the new shiny all over ESD. :P

No that's just being number one at wasting money :P in my opinion anyway :)
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Most squishiest player anyway, anytime I catch those DPS channel people in pvp pugging its free kills, the only way they avoid it sometimes is by bringing 5 scimitars in and spawn camping cap and hold. They will not be missed.

Their PVE records are mostly from setting up very controlled situations, its unrealisitic DPS and their ships builds for that can't be used outside of those situations. Game is better off without them, its one of the positive things of DR.

What's it like to be bad at this game?
    edited October 2014
    13 points total was excessive and I'm an exploiter?

Your lack of tact is facepalm worthy, how did you ever get out of customer service phone job?

Doesn't feel good does it? To be labelled something without warrant?

Except you deserve it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    For the record, I've playing the 'Shutdown' mission (near DS9), solo, on Elite. I did not team up with anyone, nor used any team-trickery to lower NPC levels (or any other tricks).

Simple question, was solo-ing this map considered 'exploitative'?!

So yeah, can I get an official answer on this, please?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Are we being ranked?
    Where are the rankings?

SMH

No, you're not being ranked. There is no #1 player. It's just player opinion saying he is #1. It is meaningless. And who cares -- he's playing a carebear game so nothing he does here makes him special.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't care Jesus Christ, Buddha, and Mohammed returned to Earth together to start an STO fleet. In the game, no player is more important than any other.

Lies! I said yesterday that I wouldn't post again until Cryptic commented on the matter...and look what we've had today, right?

The following is totally what happened...I'm sure.

Robert: Alan, so what goofy thing did VD post about today?
    Alan: Hrmm, I'm not seeing anything from him.
    Robert: What? That's impossible. He's always posting.
    Alan: Wait, there's a post from yesterday saying he isn't going to post anymore.
    Robert: What? Why? What's going on?
    Alan: There appears to be a problem with some of the players in STO.
    Robert: Get Emmert on the line.
    ...moments pass...
    Robert: Jack, were you aware that VD's not posting any more on the forums?
    Jack: No, I wasn't aware of that.
    Alan: There's some problem with STO.
    Jack: Oh really? I'll talk to Stephen and get it all sorted out.
    Robert: Good, good...let me know when VD's posting again.
    Alan: Okay then, about the rest of the business...
    Robert: No, nothing more until VD's posting again.
    Alan: Okay, you'll talk to Stephen about it Jack?
    Jack: Yeah, I'll get Stephen on the line now.
    ...moments pass...
    Jack: Stephen, were you aware that VD's not posting any more on the forums?
    Stephen: No, I wasn't aware of that.
    Jack: Take care of it.
    Alan: Take care of it.
    Robert: Take care of it.
    Stephen: I'll get right on it.

Cause that's totally what happened, right? :P
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stephen, I am at least glad to see you recognizing, perhaps, the communication problem that I have been pointing out. I really feel like you shot yourself in the foot unnecessarily.

Sometimes, in the fear of making people unhappy or getting yelled at, people or companies choose silence or they choose an "answer" too thin to do anything but fan the flames

In the end, this results in a far worse problem as people who are already angry race to fill in the blanks. I know I have written at length about this in response to Trendy, and in at least two places in the General forum and I can retrieve that later (am on my phone waiting in a restaurant ATM) but I really feel like between some big problems QA, in the handling of community feedback, and the lack of communication, things spiraled out of control needlessly.

I hope now that you have appeared in the forum that you will take this feedback to heart not as a personal attack but as a serious learning opportunity. Whether or not you will be able to recover your brand and customer confidence...unfortunately including mine in some respects...remains to be seen but if you take this to heart, you will have a much better chance than if your company continues to repeat the same mistakes over and over.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was one of these "Exploiterinos" (grouping Tau Dewa etc), haven't lost anything ... now please report me ... because guess what after the 20th Spec. I realized it's a waste of my time anyway ...

So you're either lying or asking for Cryptic to investigate and cut off some of your progress by deciding not to stay under the radar.

In either case, not particularly a clever move.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.