test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So devs, when is the Foundry ACTUALLY coming back online?

lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
We received a thread about the Foundry coming back online about a week ago. And it has not. So any updates on when it actually is? There are a ton of cool new features you guys have been working on, and I really want to try them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Asking when the editor will be back has a 47 percent chance to trigger "Unforeseen Delays"
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just want foundry reviews back. I'd love to be able to leave feedback on some of this stuff.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • sorojisoroji Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The missions that have been republished are a bit out of whack due to DR. I know the one I did, one of the patrols is jacked, and the placing of a contact npc is no where near where he is supposed to be.

There can't be that many missions still needed to be republished. We just need to be able to fix the errors and build new missions.
  • lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Asking when the editor will be back has a 47 percent chance to trigger "Unforeseen Delays"
    I suppose so... :P
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Listening to Cryptic and believing them about supposed relaunch times for the foundry will results in 100% disappointment each time.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • patchm142patchm142 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can almost guarantee that it will be turned on at SOME POINT between now and 2410, but no promises. Maybe by 2408 if they're really ahead of schedule.
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    welcome to the 'standard wait post major update' We are now barely a week out from the launch and most everything has republished. Now barring any major background garbage, we could see the editor up 'any day now*' I'll honestly take map positional math being skewed to the alternative of the Dark Season, the season we speak naught of.

*this being an integer from 1-14 days
    edited October 2014
    Well, yeah, this was to be expected. It's just that we specifically got a message saying "later today" (a week ago). I was shocked that they were going to get it back up so soon after such a major update, but I thought it was nice.
    Then it didn't happen. If not for that message, I wouldn't have expected it to be back up for several weeks.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Well the bottom line is, going off past experience:

- Do not ask for a timeline, they won't give you one.

- Ignore smirk's post, it was obviously wrong, and that's why they shouldn't and usually don't post timelines.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Foundry editing has been enabled.
    STO QA Team
  • patchm142patchm142 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You, sir, are my hero.
    edited October 2014
    Muchas gracias! Really looking forward to messing about with the new content!
  • temporalrefugeetemporalrefugee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Excellent - I can let the plot bunnies loose again! :D

Was RichardJ on the old forum.
    Vice Admiral Yalesz Kalen, U.S.S. Twilight (NCC-92581)
    Lt. General L'zalai Xaryn, I.K.S. Sahaquiel
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And now the review ssytem is back online, so the circle is now complete, and possibly one of the smoother releases....for the foundry....