test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1 Spec point per day

xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
First of all, i lost only 6 spec points last patch (47 left), but many ppls lost alot more.

Majority will not agree with me, but i think Specialization system needs revamp.
It needs timegate to make all gamers more equal (casuals, average, hardcore).

1.Points must be reseting to 10 for all.

2.Ppl can get as many points per day as they want (60 cap), and make it casual friendly aka 1 Argala Elite run in team (or 2-3 solo) - 1 point.

3.But u can spend ONLY 1 point per day, in 20h. learn project (aka rep., craft system).

P.S. Timegate will not allow to "eat" skiill content in 1-2 days now and in the future.
Post edited by xlesha911 on

Comments

• Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, terrible idea.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't. Give. Them. Stupid. Ideas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    forvrsnoopyforvrsnoopy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Another timegate ? Maybe... but please don't make me have to log in everyday to click buttons... Have them queue up automatically. We have enough clickies like this.

My daily routine is now 15 minutes clickies and 45 minutes playing. No, i'm not even exagerating, I am leveling DA and 8742 reps, turning marks into dil, crafting, doffing, refining dil, selling tech upgrades and materials on the exchange... on three characters. So maybe it's closer to 50% of my time.

Look.. I get the devs don't want us to burn through the progression curve in a week. I think specialization trees should take a while to complete, but please make them (and gear upgrade) optional for everything but Elite and bring back the rewards as they were, with a new tier for Elite. It may take me a while to complete my specialization tree and upgrade my gear, but when I finish I will feel it was worth it.

Edit: also, disable specialization for Advanced if you're affraid people are gonna roflstomp Advanced queues. I know ppl may not like to be downgraded, but it's the only thing I can think of to solve the problem.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To the people calling this a bad idea...

This is a Free-to-Play game. I believe there are metrics which suggest a direct correlation between regular active users and sales.

So Cryptic does need to stall players somehow until they can create more new content. They want you logging in daily with tasks yet to complete.

I'm almost sure they NEEDED for nobody to complete the rep and specialization system both until the new year.

It's about making the content they have stretch out until they can produce more while leaving players relatively dilithium hungry.

Some of this, I think they should leverage a gold account as a means of bypassing. But it's not like the grind or timegating exists entirely out of some kind of sadism.

It's that they can produce X amount of content. They need you to make that amount of content last until, say, January. They want you to login every day between now and then.

Personally, I think rather than handling spec points as a skill gain, it should be handled more like winter/summer events. Every month an event runs for a skillpoint gain. You need 20 widgets. You get 1 widget per day. Widget counts reset the first of every month or you can buy widgets. Gold account members, perhaps, get double widgets.

But they need you online regularly and playing the same content repeatedly for 4 months or so after content drops or the game can't make its sales targets.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Unless you're PvPing, what does it matter if some other player is uber maxed 30k+ DPS and you're sitting at 5k? All your proposal will do is leave the queues empty for months instead of a couple weeks. Whales will leave the game due to a time gate they can't buy their around. Casuals will find STFs impossible because the whales aren't there to carry them.

It's a lose/lose scenario. Even with their history of breathtaking incompetence, the Devs wouldn't eliminate a source of income, ever.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    First of all, i lost only 6 spec points last patch (47 left), but many ppls lost alot more.

Majority will not agree with me, but i think Specialization system needs revamp.
    It needs timegate to make all gamers more equal (casuals, average, hardcore).

1.Points must be reseting to 10 for all.

2.Ppl can get as many points per day as they want (60 cap), and make it casual friendly aka 1 Argala Elite run in team (or 2-3 solo) - 1 point.

3.But u can spend ONLY 1 point per day, in 20h. learn project (aka rep., craft system).

P.S. Timegate will not allow to "eat" skiill content in 1-2 days now and in the future.

At first glance I was about to chew you out. Now not so much.

If Cryptic HAD thought this out. If Cryptic had realized there were players who were going to find any method possible to achieve this quickly.

1 per day would have been a brilliant idea. The problem unfortunately now is that XP has been nerfed so much, it may not be possible.

Cryptic has dropped the ball on this. Thier communications team - if they even have one - would have a hard time putting this mess on their resume. In fact I'd pay to be a fly on the wall after they were told to do this, The team members we do 'see' have hid behind the Q account for the past 48 hours.

It's not gonna get fixed.
  • Options
    xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Timegate and rasing EXP not only casual frendly, but it can save our twinks...
    If ppl can get this 1 spec point for main in 5-10 min, they can get this point for all twinks very easy.
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    what is spec points and do you get/use them ?