test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to claim Lobi, event bugged?

phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
Well as my title said, went on my KDF to Qo'nos to check in with Grym he said he doesn't have anything for me. Jumped on my Fed to ESD, Grym there hadn't anything for me either... what gives? I thought this "event" was for everyone? And no I'm not from Germany so didn't get anything out of that event. Am I doing something wrong?
Post edited by phalanx01 on

Comments

• mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It doesn't start until later today.
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You may have just arrived in town a few hours too early. Log back in and take another look.

(I may be willing to take torches & pitchforks to the castle where Cryptic dwells because of this Delta trainwreck, but I will try to give them the benefit of the doubt on some small areas where they haven't F'd up........yet)
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mrgrocer56 wrote: »

I take it Cryptic's time is wrong again then? Ah well, will check back in later today, cheers!
  • doghou5edoghou5e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Log in on the first character that you logged in on today and claim it on that.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I already got mine early this morning.
    edited October 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    I already got mine early this morning.

Odd... does it start later for Europeans or something like that? The event page doesn't state anything like that as far as I know?
  • unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    germany reporting in...I just claimed the lobi. maybe they learned about timezones. as murricans usually learn timezones by invading countrys, Im not sure if I should worry...
    edited October 2014
    Nevermind, figured it out. Apparently the first toon you log onto gets the mission and that's it. Ironically that was my dilithium farming toon and someone told me to check mission log on it. Got it now.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Message I got was to log in through arc.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    Nevermind, figured it out. Apparently the first toon you log onto gets the mission and that's it. Ironically that was my dilithium farming toon and someone told me to check mission log on it. Got it now.

Good to know, so, log into the game with the character you want to have it, then.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • mavfinmavfin Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good to know, so, log into the game with the character you want to have it, then.

Doesn't matter which toon gets it, you can pass Lobi around via account bank easily.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited October 2014

it worked fine for me and I do not use arc. It worked for me at about 730 am EST. As said first toon to log in gets the message.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    at least thats answer a question i had of my own about this lobi thing.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    germany reporting in...I just claimed the lobi. maybe they learned about timezones. as murricans usually learn timezones by invading countrys, Im not sure if I should worry...

oh, sweet irony.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    W-wait, what if you have a lot of characters but don't remember which one logged in first? :(
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    W-wait, what if you have a lot of characters but don't remember which one logged in first? :(

Myeah LUCKILY I logged on my dilithium farming toon first so I thankfully recalled which one it was quickly... but if you've got 12+ characters and can't remember... yawch!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014

started at midnight pacific time...

quest is auto acquired on the 1st toon you are on once the event started... was on an alt and got it at midnight... once acquired no other toon will get the quest. quest can not be dropped or cancelled.

if your a free player without an account box... hope you log on to your right toon.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I have friends who are german but I still have to say "those who live in glass houses.....":D
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014

wow so you guys are getting 66 from your own event, 3 free lock box keys for chance of uber ships and 100% 12 lobi (minimum of 4 from each box, chance for more), and a free shuttle... and now on top of that 60 more lobi?

total lobi haul is a minimum of 138 =)
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

You have to log in with each of them until you get lucky.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    You have to log in with each of them until you get lucky.
    Sooo all 44 of them.

Okay.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Yup - able to collect it on the first toon that logged in today.

Ty Cryptic, now could you please give me back the fun?
  • kevinz73kevinz73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Thanks! You're faster than customer/tech support :cool:
  • silverlupussilverlupus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014

We silly Americans! It's almost like we're Germans... no wait, we never invaded countries and claimed them as our own, or killed millions of people by working them to death, gassing them, starvation, burning, beating, or if they were lucky a bullet to the head.

We never stacked dead GI's and civilians like cord-wood so that American tanks would be unable to climb a hill due to sliding on the dead.

We never forced entire countries into subjugation, stole priceless works of art from those same countries and then burned priceless art when we couldn't keep them for ourselves. We didn't create an entire religion based on nothing but fiction then base our cultural identity on those same fictions.

We didn't make hate an art-form and way of life to the point that there are groups of Neo-Americans or Neo-Republic/Democracies as their are groups that identify as TRIBBLE and Neo-TRIBBLE.

We instead did silly things like try to help people have basic human rights, supplied food and medical aid, trained their police and soldiers so they could defend themselves then withdrew in order to allow the country to stand on their own two feet... then came back, at the country's request to save them when they could not or would not save themselves.

Yep, we silly Americans have a long way to go to catch up to you wonderful Germans.

In the immortal words of one Adolf Hitler, from his book Mein Kampf and a speech given in 1924: "The judges of this State may tranquilly condemn us for our conduct at that time, but History, the goddess of a higher truth and a better legal code, will smile as she tears up this verdict and will acquit us all of the crime for which this verdict demands punishment."

How does history judge Germany? How will the history of Germany compare to what history will say about America. So far, I think we're doing pretty good... unless you'd rather America was a lot more like Germany.