test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still getting 3537416 on Tribble. Hopefully it's just my oddball setup (older Linux, older WINE, more WINETricks than I can count)
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Still getting 3537416 on Tribble. Hopefully it's just my oddball setup (older Linux, older WINE, more WINETricks than I can count)

Hmm, I'm fixed... sorry to hear that it still persists.
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'll have to check on tribble to she if this fix works, but being intermittent only time will tell.

tom61sto wrote: »
    Try reseating your card (and terminator pack if you have one).
    It fixed it for a short while than I got the same problem again.
    frozenfew wrote: »

I read an article, that stated factory overclocks could be an issue. Do even if you didn't overclock the card, it may still be above its limit..

My card is factory overclocked. its a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 its factory overclocked to 1200 mhz.
    I downloaded EVGA Precision. and I underclocked my video processer 200 Mhz. I have not had a problem since. make sure you check the fan speed setting and temp.
    I am stetting at 1071 mhz. crash free here, and on battlefield 4 as well

if you have never done this before, look up how to use the software. I would hate to see someone wreck a card.

please let me know if it worked for you.

However I am CTD moving between maps... it really irritating.

I'm not really comfortable messing around with my card settings. when I got my computer a year ago there was no mention of it being overclocked.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is BS. It's worse for me because I have 300 Master Keys sitting in my inventory that I can't use at the moment.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • alexanderd12alexanderd12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Add me to the list of people unable to play since the release of DR. Crashing to desktop at the Cryptic logo with error 25664664. Thanks for keeping us informed, Cryptic!

I'm losing all enthusiasm for playing the game at this rate. As a lifetime subscriber, it's somewhat ironic that I can't log into a game I paid for (not that ANYONE should have to put up with such technical issues, regardless of whether they are a lifer or not).

Perhaps we'll all be able to log in and actually play the game before the end of the year? :mad:
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Add me to the list of people unable to play since the release of DR. Crashing to desktop at the Cryptic logo with error 25664664. Thanks for keeping us informed, Cryptic!

I'm losing all enthusiasm for playing the game at this rate. As a lifetime subscriber, it's somewhat ironic that I can't log into a game I paid for (not that ANYONE should have to put up with such technical issues, regardless of whether they are a lifer or not).

Perhaps we'll all be able to log in and actually play the game before the end of the year? :mad:

Have you tried Tribble yet? There was a new patch to tribble on Friday and I was finally able to get past the loading screen and play some on Tribble. The patch should go live to the holodeck this next week.
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    are you on tribble?

Nope on holodeck
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
    edited October 2014
    Nope on holodeck

try tribble out, they need us to test it to see if it is fixed
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Finally got some drive space available and backed up STO last night, then renamed directory to "playtest" and loaded up Tribble. I'm happy to report that, for my machine and configuration, this patch works.*

* Tested in a swage pit behind an abandoned industrial complex in El Segundo. May not be representative of your results. Test in inconspicuous area before laundering. Your mileage may vary.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As of today I'm unable to get in to the game. It always crash when the Delta Rising screen shows up during the loading process. Blames the graphics card is unresponsive. Game worked just fine this past weekend. But then the Cryptic Error program crashes as well. So I'm not sure how I can provide any more details then this.
    edited October 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    As of today I'm unable to get in to the game. It always crash when the Delta Rising screen shows up during the loading process. Blames the graphics card is unresponsive. Game worked just fine this past weekend. But then the Cryptic Error program crashes as well. So I'm not sure how I can provide any more details then this.

There's a patch coming up tomorrow, but yours sound like you might have two graphic cards and they switched.
  • lilitho25lilitho25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    still unable to log in crashes on loading to desktop
    edited October 2014
    lilitho25 wrote: »
    still unable to log in crashes on loading to desktop

Have you tried tribble? The new tribble patch worked for me. That Tribble patch will be applied to the Holodeck tomorrow.
  • immortality90immortality90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My problem is that the game starts and I have access to my characters, but then - when I want to log into the map - the game crashes and sends an error report
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's live and it works! (for me at least) No crash on DR loading screen. I hope there won't be any other crashes later on once the server is up.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Still crashing. the patch didn't fix one mother frakking thing. Incompetent devs who can't even figure out what's causing this crash bug. WTF? This TRIBBLE has gone on for long enough.

FIX THE LAUNCHER ALREADY.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    Still crashing. the patch didn't fix one mother frakking thing. Incompetent devs who can't even figure out what's causing this crash bug. WTF? This TRIBBLE has gone on for long enough.

FIX THE LAUNCHER ALREADY.

damn it... sorry. It works for me
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm still crashing myself to...

using nvidia 337.88 version.

how do i get on tribble ?
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • spaceblahdspaceblahd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok so since this problem hasn't been fixed for a lot of people in Patch (including myself) I'm going to share a work around i've found through steam. If you use steam right click on STO in your library and go to properties. Then choose local files and click 'verify integrity of game cache'. If it's the same problem I've had it will tell you that two files are awol, then automatically download them. Launch straight after download and it will update the launcher and STO will be playable. If this doesn't fix it for everyone hopefully it will allow some to play! Good Luck
  • alexanderd12alexanderd12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep, still crashing here, I'm afraid. Oh well, STO will have to go on the backburner for a while. It'll give me a chance to play some other games instead. Shame, I was looking forward to trying out the Guardian.
  • spaceblahdspaceblahd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's worth mentioning I have to do this every time I want to log in!
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I still have a crash to desktop at the cryptic splash screen.
    I'm on a Thinkpad T500 w/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650.

Around the time of S8 release, the game still worked, but the graphics were significantly reduced. I had to enable half-resolution to play at a usable framerate (where usable >= 15fps).
    Right around S9 however, the game just started crashing to desktop on startup.
    This has happened ever since, and continues after today's patch.

I'm running driver version 8.970.100.7000 (device manager), and catalyst 13.1.
    Due to a laptop with switchable graphics, I can't upgrade drivers any further.

I do not play the game under Steam, only the original STO launcher. However every time it crashes, I've ran the verify the launcher asks me to do when loading again.

Luckily I have a desktop at home I can still play on, however I still want to play on my laptop.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    edited October 2014
    sigh... sorry guys.
    edited October 2014
    Working for me now.
  • lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ironically today's patch seems to have caused this issue for me (and crashes when trying to update Tribble).
  • alphaalias274alphaalias274 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It still does not work for me. I could get to the character select screen, and I was even able to load one of my characters. But when I tried to beam to ESD with my main the game crashed, and it is the same with my other characters as well. Now the game crashes whenever I try to load a character.
    And when I try to load my KDF character, which is in space above Qonos, the game crashes.

The devs should just stick to throwing parties. That's all they're good for.
    edited October 2014
    The Cryptic devs are simply incompetent. They randomly create code that makes no sense and wonder why everyone in here is blasting them for not fixing this TRIBBLE. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that the devs deliberately create this glitches and bugs so that those who don't buy subscriptions can't play the game.

Someone needs to nominate Star Trek Online as the worst MMO EVER played.
  • cwnannwncwnannwn Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thought the patch might fix the random crashes to desktop but I guess that was thinking too much. Well, guess I'll hit up that other game with Star in it's title and check back to see if and when they figure out why it is happening to us, if ever.

:confused:
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    The Cryptic devs are simply incompetent. They randomly create code that makes no sense and wonder why everyone in here is blasting them for not fixing this TRIBBLE. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that the devs deliberately create this glitches and bugs so that those who don't buy subscriptions can't play the game.

Someone needs to nominate Star Trek Online as the worst MMO EVER played.

It has improved. I'm talking with others who were able to play but had frame rate issues. It has improved. I know it sucks, but try tribble next time they release a patch to see if it works.
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi guys sorry to hear that some people still can't get into the game not good keep the faith. I keep checking in to see what happening good luck to you all