test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Cryptic trying to destroy the game?

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
I'm just wondering,is Cryptic trying to destroy this game?
The more they nerf this that and the other,the more players will be completely fed up,and will genuinely quit the game.
The more players who quit this game,the less money cryptic will make.
Its potentially financial suicide on cryptics part.
I don't think its just down to dilithium,causing this current punitive action,its down to levelling up to 60 too quickly,from the DEV's point of view.
We should be allowed to play this game anyway we wish to,without any punitive penalties.
No doubt a mod will delete this message,as its critical of cryptic,but it had to be said.
Free speech should still exist i think.
Cryptic needs to realise,that a happy player base makes more money.
A fed up TRIBBLE off player base will make alot less money if any money at all.
Currently its a fed up TRIBBLE off player base,or the majority of it is from what i have seen and read.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No this is just incompetence at its very finest.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You only get as much free speech as Cryptic/PWE allows you. After all, it is there forum with their own rules and policies.

Sad but true unfortunately.
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    eirinsaneirinsan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You only get as much free speech as Cryptic/PWE allows you. After all, it is there forum with their own rules and policies.

Sad but true unfortunately.

When in China...
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Trying is the wrong word. I recommend you not to use this word, it might be exploitive..
  • Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    eirinsan wrote: »
    When in China...

Actually across the whole internet. No matter where you are, you have as much free speech as the site owner allows you to have. Free speech on the internet is a misnomer.
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I laugh at these post! Do you really have to ask this? Would you sabotage your source of income? I don't think any normal person would. I do understand what you are thinking. Let see what the Devs have done.

We asked for harder content. They delivered. They did not do the job the way I wanted but they did make it harder.

We asked for more content. They gave us a wonderful story and more missions and PVE queues. They should of put more ground in the patrols, but patrols also are not great content.

Asked for a revamped crafting. I love the new crafting. It is not hard and can be done without dropping real money. It does lack some aspects like ground weapons, and choosing your own mods on weapons. While I would love to see this, the current mod system is broke. It needs to be rebalanced so the dmg mod and others are just as effective as acc and critx. The upgrade system is awesome. It is balanced. Yes it is dil heavy. But if dil did not have a sink like the Fleet system. Dil exchange rate would sky rocket. They have to give people a reason to buy zen and exchange for dil. I understand some people cannot afford it but some can and that is how dil gets I to the exchange.

Most of us want bugs fixed. Well this has not happened at the rate I would like. I think most people would agree

We asked for game balance. They gave us harder content (see above statement) now there is a reason to fly a cruiser as a rank. And by far is the blance set right.

We are asking for xp to be fixed. We don't need to repay patrols to level one and done should be sufficient as long as the player is queuing for some PVE content also. They have not delivered on this. They also need to restructure all the story missions so that 1-60 can be completed around the time you complete the story line.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did not ask for revamped crafting nor for harder content, yet I am **** with it.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After reading this thread’s title and being in game and on forums a few days into DR a general answer what Cryptic or PWE is intending to do with STO would be a most appreciated one.

… but pleas skip the “its our gaol to get more Dilthium into the hand of the average player” phrase…
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    No. We'll know when the end is nigh: Borg lock box.

I would actually get this tbh :P
  • Options
    illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Rule or ruin.

Either they milk it for every penny as decided by their Chinese overlords or it tanks.

If it doesn't make Chairman Mao's Fan Club at PWE happy it is not worth their time.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My feeling about DR was bad to begin with. Delta Quadrant-stuff would be cooler if it wouldn't be the same as on Voyager.

But we got...

Kazon. The cavemen of space. I didn't hate the dinosaurs, but I truly hate this. Kazon don't even know how to properly operate their stolen ships and yet Cryptic take them serious.

Almost every other adhoc-villain that was written last minute for a less-than-mediocre TV-show.

No free T6-ship (or at least a free T5-upgrade) for Lifetime-subscribers.

Mk XIII and XIV-stuff. Unneeded.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I did not ask for revamped crafting nor for harder content, yet I am **** with it.

Yeah I wonder who all these Mytery - People are ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    duckutus4711duckutus4711 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No free T6-ship (or at least a free T5-upgrade) for Lifetime-subscribers.

Look at your Chimera, you can upgrade it to T5U for free (at least i could)