test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline Catastrophe turnin not getting bonus Dilithium

fauxpasiiifauxpasiii Member Posts: 72 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Crystalline Catastrophe turnin project is still only awarding 50k dilithium; it is not reflecting the expected 50% increase from the bonus event. This is reflected both in the tooltip and the actual dilithium awarded on completion. (Yes, I turned it in on two characters before I realized =( )

More discussion at this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1268631

Submitted in-game with issue #2,832,606.
Post edited by fauxpasiii on

Comments

• rabin26rabin26 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The most recent Crystalline Catastrophe is not awarding the bonus dilithium; however, the previous event from last year does award 50% more dilithium.
  • grejvxgrejvx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem... except that I've noticed it on last character.

I've saved it all this time on all 7 because it says:
    Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)
    50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

and last event gave 50% more (I had 4 characters then).

Usually wouldn't complain too much about it, but sum of 175 000 Dilithium is not so small.

P.S.
    [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,832,627
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Frost, any chance you could look into this or let us know what's intended?
  • gendou#6914 gendou Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem - turned it in, got the normal 50K.

Also got the normal 16K from T5 Omega and 32K from T5 Undine. :(
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same applies to Bonus shards, newest ones give you no bonus, but previous ones do.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • fauxpasiiifauxpasiii Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Frost, any chance you could look into this or let us know what's intended?

I PM'd a link here and the ticket ID to crypticfrost yesterday morning... hopefully we can get some kind of ruling before the event ends, but if it isn't changed by this evening I doubt it'll get fixed over the weekend. =/
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    not getting bonus dili for this without an explanation is painful
    jFriX.png
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    This is intentional. We intend for players to get extra Dilithium for activities undertaken during the event. Not six months prior, then sat around to try and double their rewards.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • fauxpasiiifauxpasiii Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is intentional. We intend for players to get extra Dilithium for activities undertaken during the event. Not six months prior, then sat around to try and double their rewards.

That's disappointing. But I appreciate the clarification. Thanks!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Thanks for the clarification
  • braindotwavbraindotwav Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014

At least we have an answer then. It's disappointing, but at least I know not to wait now. Can we maybe have this mentioned in the text going forward? I, and many others, assumed it would be boosted since previous iterations were. If I'd known this wouldn't be affected, I'd likely have turned it in, and turned in my extra shards.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014

sarcasm
    First you stop letting me stockpile mark boxes for mark events.

Now you stop letting me save up special 'turn ins' for purple rock events.

What's next, any marks over 3000 will automatically convert to purple rock?
    /sarcasm
    Just messing with you. That was all sarcasm above, well it would be nice actually if marks over 3000 auto converted.

Thank you for this change. The logic part of my brain might not like it, but the fun part of my brain loves it.
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A note mentioning this change will be nice, it means we dont waste half a year holding on to a few hundred thousand dili
    jFriX.png
  • sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's a sensible change in general, but at the time it benefited from the bonus marks.

Maybe this change should have been more clearly broadcast so we aren't discovering this now, but rather could have acted on it either to get the bonus marks if that was intentional etc.

Besides that, lots of things benefit from the bonus that probably shouldn't if this is the route you want to go. T5 rep turn ins for example, missions done many days earlier, marks converted to dil, etc.
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2014

That's still bull TRIBBLE!
    What about the other reputation completion dil rewards players held onto untill now? Or the stockpiling of rep marks and neural processor type things. Don't forget saving our contraband till now. Isn't all of these the same thing? whats the difference?
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • lirokailirokai Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Difference is a little over three days' worth of dilithium refinement is too much to give to players who planned ahead. Here, have some lobi instead. :mad:
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's still bull TRIBBLE!
    What about the other reputation completion dil rewards players held onto untill now? Or the stockpiling of rep marks and neural processor type things. Don't forget saving our contraband till now. Isn't all of these the same thing? whats the difference?

The events, like Crystalline Cataclysm, are designed to get players to log in and play the game, the more players play, the better for the game. By allowing someone to save the big 14 day project, it blocks being able to do the single day projects, which is a detriment to the design of the event, to get people to log in as many of the days it is running as possible.\

To save all those other things, you actually have to log in and play the game to stockpile it.

That would be the difference.
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Hello Bort,

I have a great deal of respect for the way in which you and several other devs engage with the community despite how... vocal... some members can be.

As such, I very much appreciate you clarifying this matter, and can understand that this is probably how you intended the event to go.

I should make clear however, that the formal notifications of this event states that:

Vlugta Asteroid Field:
    100% Bonus Dilithium Ore for Daily Mining Missions
    100% Bonus to all Rich Dilithium Claims

Fleet Dilithium Mine:

Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)
    50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

This final statement is therefore false, as it is not 'everywhere else in the game'. This is an issue.

The ideal solution from players' perspective would be for you to revisit this decision next time around. However, as I suspect you (ie: Cryptic/PWE, not you personally) would opt to retain this exception, I would strongly recommend you add a disclaimer to notifications about future events, noting that event rewards are not included. This is in order to avoid false advertising.

Kind Regards

@gaz
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    Hello Bort,

I have a great deal of respect for the way in which you and several other devs engage with the community despite how... vocal... some members can be.

Kind Regards

@gaz

You respect their, 90% of the time, complete silence and completely ignoring player feedback?

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Indeed. It saves them time for calling it an exploit and removing it later. Including from players who may not have logged in during the event to do anything.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    The events, like Crystalline Cataclysm, are designed to get players to log in and play the game, the more players play, the better for the game. By allowing someone to save the big 14 day project, it blocks being able to do the single day projects, which is a detriment to the design of the event, to get people to log in as many of the days it is running as possible.\

To save all those other things, you actually have to log in and play the game to stockpile it.

That would be the difference.

How do you complete an event for the reward without logging in and playing game?

I am in one of the largest fleets in STO and all the years I have been playing I know from first hand experience that most players can't wait to focus on another part of the game after they complete a repetitious event.
    New players are going to stay or not and I surly hope that they based that decision on the other STO content and not just an event.
    Most of the players that completed and saved the event are the ones that already play allot and will continue to play.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Reasonable answer ;)

See - communication does work.
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    Again I feel lied too.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    Hello Bort,

As such, I very much appreciate you clarifying this matter, and can understand that this is probably how you intended the event to go.

I should make clear however, that the formal notifications of this event states that:

Vlugta Asteroid Field:
    100% Bonus to all Rich Dilithium Claims

Fleet Dilithium Mine:

50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

This final statement is therefore false, as it is not 'everywhere else in the game'. This is an issue.

The ideal solution from players' perspective would be for you to revisit this decision next time around. However, as I suspect you (ie: Cryptic/PWE, not you personally) would opt to retain this exception, I would strongly recommend you add a disclaimer to notifications about future events, noting that event rewards are not included. This is in order to avoid false advertising.

Kind Regards

@gaz

This.

Otherwise the dil event description is false advertising. Also this new exclusion of the CE event dil is an unfortunate precedent. Either you should update the description, or get rid of arbitrary exceptions.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!