test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Weekend Event (Now - 10/27)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We are now running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 10AMPDT Thursday, October 23 until 10AM PDT Monday, October 27, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

Check out the blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Have the Dilithium rewards for the PvE queues been fixed? If not, bonus DL won't get me wasting my time on those.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The dilithium reward from the crystalline event completion a while back does not give more dilithium, is this a bug ? I waited for months to turn that in, and I am sad to find my patience has been punished.

No dilithium reward increase during bonus dilithium event http://puu.sh/cnyeS.jpg
    jFriX.png
  • dataalfdataalf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have just finished my Crystalline Entity Event and got only 50k dilithium. It should be 75k. Where is my 50% bonus?
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Doffing not included?
  • fauxpasiiifauxpasiii Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have just finished my Crystalline Entity Event and got only 50k dilithium. It should be 75k. Where is my 50% bonus?
    Likewise. 10char
  • schizojrschizojr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, where's our 50% bonus on the past Crystalline event ?

Stealth nerf...or bugged dilithium event.

An official explanation is required.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The event no longer matters when all the Dil rewards have been nerfed. Just make us work twice as hard for less reward. Yeah, won't happen for me.
  • s2racings2racing Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ankokuneko wrote: »
    The dilithium reward from the crystalline event completion a while back does not give more dilithium, is this a bug ? I waited for months to turn that in, and I am sad to find my patience has been punished.

No dilithium reward increase during bonus dilithium event http://puu.sh/cnyeS.jpg

I am posting to confirm that this is true.
    Free jkname!
    Can we get some more (canon) KDF outfits, an assortment of respectable skirts/dresses, a long jacket (and more clothes in general) that does plain white well, melee weapon and Mk 15 drops, a T6 Nova, and account-wide lockbox/lobi/promo ships & consoles? Oh, and...
    Still waitin' on Klingon hairstyles actually worn on TV by a Klingon while we're at it.
  • rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The description in-game says the event is only applicable to Fleet Mining, the Ferengi Mine near DS9, and Dilithium Tickets (for Mining) that are obtained from Lock Boxes.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The description in-game says the event is only applicable to Fleet Mining, the Ferengi Mine near DS9, and Dilithium Tickets (for Mining) that are obtained from Lock Boxes.

Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

Same wording as previous times.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited October 2014

That is for double reward, there is an "everywhere else" for 150% rewards
    jFriX.png
  • rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That is for double reward, there is an "everywhere else" for 150% rewards

Thanks for clarifying.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dragnridr wrote: »
    The event no longer matters when all the Dil rewards have been nerfed. Just make us work twice as hard for less reward. Yeah, won't happen for me.

Battlezone hasn't been nerfed.
    AFAIK, beating up the Breen for Dil hasn't either.
    Ker'rat's also good, if you get the mission, and aren't level 60.
  • firefox59650firefox59650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    s2racing wrote: »
    I am posting to confirm that this is true.

sadly i have to confirm that too. :(
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ah such tangled schemes we weave
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,791 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can someone confirm what works or what doesnt? Why have an event for the sake of publicity when there's NO real BEEF to it. In some cultures that would be considered innapropriatte and "false" advertisement...just trying to keep it clean :D
    DUwNP.gif

edited October 2014
    dataalf wrote: »

Really hoping this gets an emergency patch... I need the marks package but not enough to take a 25k ding to dilithium rewards to get it.
    edited October 2014
    dataalf wrote: »

Posted in the bug reports forum to hopefully get some more eyeballs on the problem:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1268971
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fauxpasiii wrote: »
    Posted in the bug reports forum to hopefully get some more eyeballs on the problem:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1268971

If you have the bug post a bug report and add the number to the thread then pm cryptic frost with a link to it.
  • rabin26rabin26 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also noting that this year's Crystalline turn in is not awarding bonus dilithium, but last year's turn in is. Got 75000 on one alt that hadn't completed the project last year.
    edited October 2014
    If you have the bug post a bug report and add the number to the thread then pm cryptic frost with a link to it.

Done and done. Thanks for the tip.
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem regarding dilithium event. 100k dil down. Are we going to get some sort of official comment on this or do we just have to live with it ?
    edited October 2014
    rabin26 wrote: »
    Also noting that this year's Crystalline turn in is not awarding bonus dilithium, but last year's turn in is. Got 75000 on one alt that hadn't completed the project last year.

Wow, great catch. Confirmed here.
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The dilithium event in game description clearly says it in the first sentence.

"All dilithium rewards throughout the game have been boosted for this weekend"

Key word "ALL"

I want my 75k dil from crystalline entity event!
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good I can use this on my experimental array I'm after on my Romulan. I love seeing this event when it comes around.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just want confirmation on the CE Event reward, intended or bugged?
  • melchior2003melchior2003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd like my bonus dil for four character who have turned in the CE event during this weekend, it's annoying to be shorted 100k dilithium on a bonus weekend. Not entirely unexpected though.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Actually it doesn't say that it states:

"All Dilithium rewards throughout the game have been boosted for the this weekend. Dilithium earned from the Ferengi Mine, Player Fleet Dilithium Mine, and Lock Box Dilithium Tickets are doubled for the duration of this event."

No where does it state "only" those locations.

Again, I know the devs are reading this, we just want an official statement. Was the CE Event nerfed or is this a bug?
  • taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hoped there would be at least some info on the CE event dilithium reward by now, whether it is intentional or not.
    Why punish patient players, who can wait for rewards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm sure that it's a nerf. I could collect rewards during the bonus marks event with was run in the same time with the last CC event but decided to wait a bonus dil event. Now I don't have neither bonus marks nor bonus dil.