test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Obtaining Intel BOFFs

desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Academy
So I know you can pick up common quality ones for a few dil at the BOFF vendor at ESD/NRC/First City. And I have already completed "Alliance" and received my Hierarchy sci/intel BOFF. While he has great space traits and all he is aesthetically challenged. I dressed him up in my standard Oddy BOFF uniform and he just looks wrong. To add insult to injury I named him Russet.

Where else can I get less ugly intel BOFFs that have traits worth having (I am assuming C-store).
Post edited by desertjets on

Comments

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There are three great Intel Boffs included in the Operations Pack, but as far as I know they haven't put those into the store as a single purchase. I'm not sure, but maybe the Lobi Talaxian is Intel too ? :)
  • kenthendkenthend Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes the lobi talaxin is an intel boff
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On the KDF side, the Orion boffs are listed as being either Male or Female (2 female and 1 male) but are ALL male...

Careful with that one, just in case...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    There are three great Intel Boffs included in the Operations Pack, but as far as I know they haven't put those into the store as a single purchase. I'm not sure, but maybe the Lobi Talaxian is Intel too ? :)

The Operations Pack BOffs are pretty good, it's true. Great traits and not potatoes. Heck, two of the three Romulan ones are SRO, just for giggles.
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This turn of events is simply a disgrace. Space tubers have no place on my ship. I was deeply disappointed by the reward boff, and to add insult to injury he is bound to character so you can't even sell him. The box boff are generally impressive the KDF ones are solid, Efficent and Superior seductive? Amazing. The Romi once as also amazing, another Borg boff, a set of SRO and S.Deceptive? Crazy good. The Fed ones just suck comparatively.

The fact that the fed options are terrible white boffs, a space tuber, a Talaxian which has trait I'm not actually sure is working or the sad disgrace they gave the fed side from 130 buck box is just not acceptable. We need better intel buffs Right Now! I'd be willing to pay Zen for'em at this point but something needs to be done!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hyping Intel so much and releasing practically nothing without an insane paywall was pretty stupid of Cryptic. Here's hoping more BOffs with much more variety are added soon.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The fact that the fed options are terrible white boffs, a space tuber, a Talaxian which has trait I'm not actually sure is working or the sad disgrace they gave the fed side from 130 buck box is just not acceptable. We need better intel buffs Right Now! I'd be willing to pay Zen for'em at this point but something needs to be done!

Totally agreed.

What they should've done is just given SRO BOffs to all three sides of this pack. Stupid OP Romulans...
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would have bought the Intel BO pack if it was sold separately. I have no interest in any ships outside of the Dauntless but there isn't much point without some good Intel BO's to go along with it.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.