Install Arc

12K Daily Dilithium Refining

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
It's high time is it not?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you want everything to cost twice as much?

everything that cost dil is based on the fact the only so much dil can be in the system at once as defined by the current dil limit. and they just added a new sink cause there was too much in the system. asking for a increase is kinda like asking to get kicked in the face when you have a toothache, seems like a good idea at the time but in hindsight it is a very bad one.

and really can we get this topic banned already.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    The response you will get from Cryptic (if you were to get one) would be that of a baby defending his allowance of cookies.
  • sashibaisashibai Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic is too busy taking things from us to actually give us anything.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Excellent idea. Just increase the Dilithium cost of Fleet projects by 50 % and the cost of all gear and upgrades as well.

12 is a much nicer number than 8, since you can device it by 2, 3, 4 and 6.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Raising the refinement cap would also mean increased dil prices, because cryptic dosen't want too much dil going around as it would lower sales of Zen... (Just noticed the dip in Zen prices when the mines allowed for additional daily refinement).

And no thanks to that btw.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited October 2014
    By your logic then they should reduce the refine limit to 1K per day then everything would be an 8th of the cost!

Many people are finding it increasingly expensive in terms of dilithium even if they can get more than 8K a day they are limited to 8K and thus in effect the content is time gated, increasing the refining limit without an increase in the already exorbitant costs is not unreasonable.

welcome to mmos. things are time gated ether by hard limits or just keeping rewards low. would you prefer they nerfed everything so no matter how much you did you'd never get more then 8k dil a day? hell last time they said anything the avg was 4k dil a day with the 8k limit. most people complain about cost aren't complain cause it high it's because they can do it RIGHT NOW. this is not a single player game you beat in two days and never touch again, things are supposed to take time.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Printing money doesn't actually give you more money. the cap is there to keep inflation in check.

end of story. it doesn't need to go up.
    edited October 2014
    I must say I am surprised about the replies, do you guys all work for Cryptic? When is it ever wrong to ask for more, it still won't stop people ploughing tons of money into buying Zen who can afford it but it will help those less fortunate to play the game.

Still if you guys are all so content I'll shut up, personally I'm fairly well off and just buy my dilithium with real money as this game is my hobby so I can justify it, I was just thinking it would be a good way to increase participation from others. After all they have put our costs up hugely but you guys don't think we should get a pay rise to compensate, I wish some of you would work for me, what a dream workforce that would be.

no I just don't want to have to grind even more because of someone else's impatience... if I gonna have to do more work I want it to be my fault.

the cost was raised for a reason. and it's not nearly as large as people think crafting requires little in less your a dedicated crafter... nothing if you don't want the bound stuff. upgrade cost fairly evenly but if you don't have all rep/fleet gear you can put off. and in less you really want to do elites you don't need mk 14 much less epic mk 14s. though skill may vary so I guess some may need 14s after all. but if you not going for gold or trying to min/max the hell out of your build it's still alot cheaper think people think. maybe not cheap but what end game gear is.

• cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can't have any milk with your cookie, because drinking milk with cookies is considered exploiting...and we don't want players exploiting their cookies right :D
    cmbanner2015.jpg
    edited October 2014
    cryptiecop wrote: »
    You can't have any milk with your cookie, because drinking milk with cookies is considered exploiting...and we don't want players exploiting their cookies right :D

I'ld be a smart *** about this but I'm still in shock people thought they weren't going to "fix" that...

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Don't forget everytime Cryptic gives us what we want, they do it the worst way, change things we liked, didn't needed changed and after that will stab us in the back with lies and mis-information.
    edited October 2014
    I must say I am surprised about the replies, do you guys all work for Cryptic? When is it ever wrong to ask for more, it still won't stop people ploughing tons of money into buying Zen who can afford it but it will help those less fortunate to play the game.

Still if you guys are all so content I'll shut up, personally I'm fairly well off and just buy my dilithium with real money as this game is my hobby so I can justify it, I was just thinking it would be a good way to increase participation from others. After all they have put our costs up hugely but you guys don't think we should get a pay rise to compensate, I wish some of you would work for me, what a dream workforce that would be.

What is wrong is:

You want more refined dilithium. Why do you want that? Because stuff is expensive, I suppose, and you want to have it.

But who set the daily refinement limit? Who set the Dilithium cost?
    They are both decided by Crytpic. Changing the refinement limit is almost the same as convincing Cryptic that stuff is too expensive. You could just ask for cheaper stuff.

But I say almost, because it's not exactly the same. Most days I play (and I play most days), I do not get to the dilithium refinement limit. I just don't play that long and that "dilithium-minded".
    A higher limit doesn't help me, or all the other players that do not reach the refinement limit. It only helps those that already play and grind a lot.

Another aspect - if there is more dilithium in the game, Zen will become worth more dilithium. So if you actually grind dilithium to buy more zen, you won't be able to, because people will be able to demand higher prices due to higher dilithium supplies.

In this case, I might actually benefit - I could sell my Zen for more Dilithium. Unless Cryptic decides that it needs to rise dilithium cost of gear and upgrades because there is so much Dilithium available.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bi0f0dd3r wrote: »
    Printing money doesn't actually give you more money. the cap is there to keep inflation in check.

And then, of course, would be the fallout for all the people who don't regularly hit the 8k cap, let alone go 4k over it. Not everyone is sitting on extra reserves of unrefined dil.
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I was going to bring up something similar.

Increasing the dil cap is the American Government Economic Solution. Let's not do that.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I'd rather they lower the static dilithium costs by 20% across the board.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014

That comparison lacks a bit, as it would only apply to the Dil-Zen exchange where prices are variable.

Fixed projects like dilithium costs for crafting, fleet stores, reputation, fleet projects, etc... are fixed and determined by Cryptic. It's their decision weather to raise or lower those prices and not that of the market.

So raising the Dilithium cap to 12.000 would cause inflation on the Dilithium exchange, but would increase buying power for ingame "products".

Overall I doubt it would have any signifigant impact. Pretty much everyone I know who keeps hitting the refinement cap regularely is already invested in refinement/doffing alts anyways and circumvent it that way.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this thread is a exploit dev incoming with nerf bat from hek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014

It's high time 'dilithium refine limit' threads went strait to the Frequently Created Threads wheelie bin.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• lordkhoraklordkhorak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This analogy sucks. Like, completely.

STO isn't a globalised free market economy running on a fiat currency that is worth only as much as supply, demand, and literally what people think it should worth, says it is worth.

Printing 'money', or in this case the currency system of dilithium, gives you more money in STO. The price of goods doesn't change. Ever. Those hanger pets cost 30000 now, and they cost 30000 after you print out a load of money, because Cryptic are setting the prices. Inflation doesn't exist. The value of dilithium only changes when Cryptic decides it should change, and those hanger pets become more or less expensive per dilithium at their whim.

Until Cryptic choose to change the price of the goods that require dilithium to buy, 'printing' more dilithium in STO would actually give you more money. The buying power of a single unit dilithium simply never changes. Having more is having more, completely and totally regardless of how you got it.

The only thing that has 'inflation' is the interaction between dilithium and Zen, except in that case the completely artificial supply limit of a single commodity, dilithium, results in the same equilibrium we have now, where your actual supply of dilithium is worth the same amount of Zen, even if technically the dilithium is worth less per unit.

TL: DR - STO is not a dynamic global economy. Having more dilithium means having more dilithium, and it doesn't matter how you got it. Literally the only concern in terms of limiting dilithium supply is for Cryptic alone, and that concern is absolutely nothing more than time gating so you will continue to play. If you continue to play, there is a chance you will buy the **** that costs real money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    lordkhorak wrote: »
    This analogy sucks. Like, completely.

STO isn't a globalised free market economy running on a fiat currency that is worth only as much as supply, demand, and literally what people think it should worth, says it is worth.

Printing 'money', or in this case the currency system of dilithium, gives you more money in STO. The price of goods doesn't change. Ever. Those hanger pets cost 30000 now, and they cost 30000 after you print out a load of money, because Cryptic are setting the prices. Inflation doesn't exist. The value of dilithium only changes when Cryptic decides it should change, and those hanger pets become more or less expensive per dilithium at their whim.

Until Cryptic choose to change the price of the goods that require dilithium to buy, 'printing' more dilithium in STO would actually give you more money. The buying power of a single unit dilithium simply never changes. Having more is having more, completely and totally regardless of how you got it.

The only thing that has 'inflation' is the interaction between dilithium and Zen, except in that case the completely artificial supply limit of a single commodity, dilithium, results in the same equilibrium we have now, where your actual supply of dilithium is worth the same amount of Zen, even if technically the dilithium is worth less per unit.

TL: DR - STO is not a dynamic global economy. Having more dilithium means having more dilithium, and it doesn't matter how you got it. Literally the only concern in terms of limiting dilithium supply is for Cryptic alone, and that concern is absolutely nothing more than time gating so you will continue to play. If you continue to play, there is a chance you will buy the **** that costs real money.

You said it yourself. Cryptic controls the prices.

Do you really think that if they increase the refining limit there won't be an across-the-board price increase on all dil products to match? They want you spending zen to buy dil, not patiently refining every day until you get what you need.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kiralyn wrote: »
    And then, of course, would be the fallout for all the people who don't regularly hit the 8k cap, let alone go 4k over it. Not everyone is sitting on extra reserves of unrefined dil.

Yeah. That would be me. :o

I've got many problems in this game, but being held back by the refining cap ain't one.
  • curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Just NO! They should reduce it to 5k cos of the mining claims.
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Those that make threads about raising the dilithium cap, T5/6 connies, DOOOOMMMM, "I quit" or any other thread that's frequently made should get a one month ban from the forums. Second time should get a permanent ban.

Raising the dilithium cap would be good for those that buy Zen, in the short term. As prices go up and dil gets nerfed, my grinding becomes less and less worth my time. I'd probably stop playing on a day to day basis if that happened, as I'd bet others would. Without F2Pers grinding out your dilithium, you'd be back in the same boat.

In other words, **** no.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »
    You said it yourself. Cryptic controls the prices.

Do you really think that if they increase the refining limit there won't be an across-the-board price increase on all dil products to match? They want you spending zen to buy dil, not patiently refining every day until you get what you need.

your waisting your typing fingers, you can try explaining the drawbacks of a higher limit till your blue in the keyboard but the grinders still wont get it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited October 2014
    your waisting your typing fingers, you can try explaining the drawbacks of a higher limit till your blue in the keyboard but the grinders still wont get it.

Yeah, yeah, I know, but hope springs eternal, and all that. :)
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. It's not. The zen market would crash, and every single premium item would become far too expensive for the average market-goer.

DO NOT WANT. I have no idea how anyone that wants this to remain a F2P game would even THINK that this is a good idea.
    edited October 2014
    I have never made a thread about Dilithium before if memory serves me correctly, I also haven't seen a post about it for a very long time, but then again I don't live on the forums so I may have missed it.

What most of you don't seem to understand is that it was Cryptic who arbitrarily choose 8000 dilithium as their limit and then adjusted their prices to suit. It goes without saying, at least I thought it did, that an increase in the refining limit would be accompanied by no rise in costs otherwise it's pointless. Perhaps the mistake was mine, I should have titled it "increase our standard of living within STO".

What you guys should be saying is yes we would love to be able to refine more as long as the prices are not increased, not automatically assuming they would be if said cap was lifted.

But it's only a higher standard for living for people that already reach the cap all the time.

There are people that do not. I know, because I am one of htem. And I play daily.

I would prefer if you'd say that stuff should just cost less. Then at least I may benefit.