test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rewards for upgrading

origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
since cryptic did away with dilithum for max players that completed all the specialization points and still level reward has been taken away. what are we going to get in its place? i realise that the exploit got cryptic in a tissy but we the players are not guilty and will like something, i realise increasing level cap to 70 is too much work but need something, that is one of the great things about delta rising is you never stop leveling. now after you get all your points after level 60 your done.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    since cryptic did away with dilithum for max players that completed all the specialization points and still level reward has been taken away. what are we going to get in its place?

A troll face saying "U mad player?"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lol not mad, understand the reason why cryptic did it. but nothing for players that dont or didnt abuse the system is not right. even if we get a accolade saying level 80, level 90, level 2000. level 1000000, level 1billion, etc. something. at least you dont feel that the progress has ended
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lol not mad, understand the reason why cryptic did it. but nothing for players that dont or didnt abuse the system is not right. even if we get a accolade saying level 80, level 90, level 2000. level 1000000, level 1billion, etc. something. at least you dont feel that the progress has ended

Seriosuly dude the troll face is what id expect since it seems to me cryptic is activley trolling us players and punishing us just for playing their game.
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Players not guilty of an exploit. All i can say is wow.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since dilithium is being removed as a reward for capping out the specialization system, I hereby demand that an artist create a "Taco" consumable food item that is given as a replacement for the diltihium payout. Further, I demand that this item, when fed to a tribble, will spawn a Tacofangs tribble that shoots fireworks every time you pet it. And maybe also has googly laser eyes. ...and drives a monster truck.. .. and is named Clyde.

You have one week to meet my demands!!

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    tr1p3ktr1p3k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Its over 9000!!!!

I could see this happening.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since dilithium is being removed as a reward for capping out the specialization system, I hereby demand that an artist create a "Taco" consumable food item that is given as a replacement for the diltihium payout. Further, I demand that this item, when fed to a tribble, will spawn a Tacofangs tribble that shoots fireworks every time you pet it. And maybe also has googly laser eyes. ...and drives a monster truck.. .. and is named Clyde.

Why are we not funding this?? :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Ok..., You can let TacoFang out of the cardboard box now...

They didn't even realize he was missing.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    im sorry but this really takes the cake? didnt they test this ? geko told us up front that when you get to 60 afterwards you get a dilituim reward while gaining "levels" so what gives .what are we getting in return? im sorry if this hurts your di over time math but oops , not our problem if you dont provide what was talked about on so many podcasts and interviews , there is this thing called customer trust and this kind of takes it way .
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i agree with the posts. i would really like a dev responce.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Devs don't give two ****s about their customers.

I expect they'll just try to get us to forget it. I haven't seen this much disrespect from developers since the Mechwarrior online fiasco. And those devs cleaned up their act! They separated from their publisher and got a new one. The development team here has 0 integrity left. The only thing they do is work just enough to keep their paychecks. I've seen no evidence that they have any interest in quality content any more.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the answer is thank the idiots that rather exploit the game then play it... since they could possible TRIBBLE things up badly later. yes right now it's not a problem but get people with max number of alts that can get hit the refine cap for a week in one short mission and you got trouble. so they got proactive for once and fixed it before it could go wrong... I was looking forward to getting my dil from playing favorite old missions too. :(

and don't take this the wrong way but why do we need to be rewarded for doing something we're doing for fun again?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »
    Devs don't give two ****s about their customers.

I expect they'll just try to get us to forget it. I haven't seen this much disrespect from developers since the Mechwarrior online fiasco. And those devs cleaned up their act! They separated from their publisher and got a new one. The development team here has 0 integrity left. The only thing they do is work just enough to keep their paychecks. I've seen no evidence that they have any interest in quality content any more.

It's just salt in the wounds. They cut all dilithium rewards from stf's by a lot. Everything takes 3-5x as long to do and rewards were cut in half. That's a lot less dilithium.

It's getting harder and harder to get the daily cap unless you play for hours every day. Soon they'll cut the dilithium from the battlezones. Mark my words. We'll have to play 4hours to get the daily cap.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i see alot of people feel same way i do, they are ranting about the removal of dilithium. i understand the reason why they did it. i dont understand why they dont replace it. i suggested in this thread an idea of what they can do to replace it without causeing anymore contravarsy. yes people still be upset but at least the leveling wont be like before DR where you play and nothing happens except expertise which only has a small purpose in reps and fleet holdings.