test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Captain Specializations Bonus dil for a week?

sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
So as many can remember (or even go look at the blog about it now if they want to) with the specializations introduced we all will get new abilities and if we ever got all that this new system has to offer, we would get dil instead.

this is from the patch notes for tomorrow:

"After earning all 60 Captain Specialization points, Dilithium is no longer rewarded when filling the Skill Points bar."

So was the extra dil only supposed to last a week?
Post edited by sudonami on

Comments

• prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. It wasn't.

And now it isn't offered at all.

Nice going, Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sudonami wrote: »
    So as many can remember (or even go look at the blog about it now if they want to) with the specializations introduced we all will get new abilities and if we ever got all that this new system has to offer, we would get dil instead.

this is from the patch notes for tomorrow:

"After earning all 60 Captain Specialization points, Dilithium is no longer rewarded when filling the Skill Points bar."

So was the extra dil only supposed to last a week?

Where ARE these patch notes? Cannot seem to find them anywhere?
  • spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 247 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    edit: Never mind, they actually posted it to the forums this time...
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No the dil was supposed to be permanent but apparently it was being exploited.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Losing too much money to Dil -> Zen conversions I guess.

Here's hoping it's still worth grinding after the fact; if only for EXP/Specialization points.
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is prob why TD was shut down and also the exploit they mentioned. Though it's still on Cryptic for allowing that to go to Holodeck
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As loopholes go this was a gaping chasm that should have been spotted well before it went live.

Looks like they've plugged the infiltrator mission into a 20 hour cooldown so here's hoping they've actually given the rest of the content a decent amount of xp gains or else it'll be back to japori, caraya and beta thoridor for most folks.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so, it was about the dilithium since you can still level in Tau Dewa Sector now.
  • denshibushidenshibushi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was actually looking forward to using this because once you max level it would be nice to have the skill points worth something. Can't believe it didn't last a week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As patch notes go, I liked this one more than unexpected, but I note there was no mention of BNPs relating to failed optionals. That was one of several points that stuck in folks craw. Before this, a failed optional sent one home talking to one's self.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic: Hai playerz, if you iz grinding enouff for 9000 levels and get all teh grindy points, we'll let ya get some dilithium for even moaaaah grinding!

Players: After grinding out around 50 more levels, sure why not. I worked hard for that.

Cryptic: Lulz trolololo we iz lying! Yuo will got nothing! Umad, players?

Players: We should have known. :rolleyes:
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    so, it was about the dilithium since you can still level in Tau Dewa Sector now.

I knew it was about this. But the notes sound pretty good as i never found the need to rush to max lvl and want to just enjoy the game for fun and nothing else. You are always going to have those players that TRIBBLE it up for the rest of us. And having the guts to post an exploit on the boards proves how stupid it can get in any mmo. Makes me glad content is instanced in this game so i can solo it.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So - it's easier to cut Dil than to adjust the XP payout of Tau Dewa?

wtf....

Path of Least Resistance FTW
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was actually looking forward to using this because once you max level it would be nice to have the skill points worth something. Can't believe it didn't last a week.

***damn shame is what it is. I know it was going to take a while to get there (well, for me at least), but I sure was looking forward to earning Dilithium for pretty much playing whatever I wanted.

That must have been one hell of an "exploit".
  • cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was looking forward to forever rewards, how about they replace the dil with lobi?
  • genghismaulgenghismaul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so im a bit confused was the dil reward already refined? if not with the 8k/9ish with vet and mine reward a day cap who the hell cares how much dil ore was being farmed? the refine cap is still in place period! lol

i mean seriously i know people with mega tons of ore myself included but it doesn't matter with the cap must have been one hell of a exploit! :eek:
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Will you fill up the XP bar 55 times in one week? Otherwise, you wouldn't even notice this.