test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In response to Q's post in the news feed

xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
The development team has identified some exploitative behavior by a small number of players on some game maps. Those maps have been shut down during the investigation. We’ll share more as soon as we have completed our investigation. This likely will not be completed until sometime tomorrow.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time.

Omnipotently yours,
Q

TRIBBLE you,

Really and truly. I mean that. How dare you state that players were exploiting anything when it was your TRIBBLE up. It is your fault you let this slip through and for you to claim that players are suddenly 'exploiting' something that was absolutely fine to do 2 weeks ago stinks of amateurism.

Get your **** together, fix the bugs and make this game worth playing again.

Regards,
A paying customer.
Post edited by xaraman on

Comments

• Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    TRIBBLE you,

Really and truly. I mean that. How dare you state that players were exploiting anything when it was your TRIBBLE up. It is your fault you let this slip through and for you to claim that players are suddenly 'exploiting' something that was absolutely fine to do 2 weeks ago stinks of amateurism.

Regards,
    A paying customer.

Unacceptable, really. I get it, most of us do. But to post on this level is not helping any of us 'paying customers'. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TRIBBLE you,

Regards,
    A paying customer.

I feel an incoming lock, because of your wording. Which is too bad, as I don't disagree on any particular point.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    General rage threads are not allowed...

/inb4close
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I feel an incoming lock, because of your wording. Which is too bad, as I don't disagree on any particular point.

Yep. An honest and hilarious post. Too bad.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Heh, Q's got no sense of humor...this won't end well.
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And them accusing players (their actual only source of income) of unfair and inequitable behaviour is helping things?

It's a low move. They should put their hands up and admit their TRIBBLE up, and not accuse players of something they did not do (exploit).

You'd swear that no one in that company has any idea of keeping their customers satisfied.
  • Options
    cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This thread iz DOOOMED11!!!1

Inb4close

Remember, it IS their game, they own the title, plus the maps that were pulled were available prior to season 10, so it's not like it's an accident.

By definition, it was an exploit that was just poorly kept.
    They'll fix this... But they won't fix that immersion-breaking special invisible platform in the fed fleet SB holodeck...

Seriously, my caitiN can jump through the roof of the starbase... Which clips into holo deck something ferocious.
    You can only see it from the top down too, so looking up you'd never see the roof clip through the holodeck
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    manlyyamsmanlyyams Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You know what though, I don't blame him. This TRIBBLE was fine before, people were doing it all the time for vendor trash (it's really easy to get a cargo bay full of the stuff if you Elite it frequently). But suddenly people are flying out of their shiny new sector with its sub-par patrol missions and enjoying old content instead for its grind-ability?

And you know the kicker, I bet this kind of "exploit" would have been caught when DR was still in beta if they hadn't limited the beta players to gold members.

Though calling it an "exploit" sticks in my craw. It's playing the game with game mechanics that were already set in place. Like, well-established. People would spam these patrol missions all the time, and it's kind of insulting to be told "You're not playing our game right, so we're shutting parts of it down until you do".
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Its a bit honest...too honest.

Tbf to OP, the post from 'Q' (intentional done to remove flak from any particular dev) is arguably fairly inflammatory to begin with.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Only one stared out word, I'd say this post was pretty restrained considering what they have done.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Better get Sisko while we can. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Normally I would not approve of the OPs wording, but in regards to what they did here, I think they are tame compared to what most of the players would really like to say.

At the very least they should post a DETAILED explanation of the reasoning and what is being done, including a time frame.

The really sad thing, the Tau Dewa Elite teams were FUN. I added more people to my friends list in a day in TD that I have since LoR launched altogether.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TRIBBLE you,

Regards,
    A paying customer.

Blunt, to the point, and nowhere near as harsh as I've been seeing in-game...when I log in to manage my DOFFs.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its a bit honest...too honest.

Tbf to OP, the post from 'Q' (intentional done to remove flak from any particular dev) is arguably fairly inflammatory to begin with.

It was reported in Tribble forums.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Normally I would not approve of the OPs wording, but in regards to what they did here, I think they are tame compared to what most of the players would really like to say.

At the very least they should post a DETAILED explanation of the reasoning and what is being done, including a time frame.

The really sad thing, the Tau Dewa Elite teams were FUN. I added more people to my friends list in a day in TD that I have since LoR launched altogether.

Eh, they aren't going to give you any detailed explanation. To do so, they would have to admit they screwed up. Not going to happen. The real raunchy thing they did though was in order to "punish" those power leveling, they turned off all the maps so that you can even do the daily patrol to get marks. So they punished the many because of the perceived wrongs of the few. Not very trek like. I'm sure OP will probably get a spanking for his post, but he's absolutely right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So now that they shut things down, what was this "Bad" behavior they speak of?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Any content played while unintentionally put/left in the game counts as exploiting.
  • Options
    clooney002clooney002 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In before this thread gets locked.

But to be fair and since these guys arent talking I am almost 99.8% sure he is not calling all of us exploiters but a small few who were able to max the their specializations and were farming dilithium for every level after specialization was finished. That is where the "small group" he speaks of comes into play.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Any content played while unintentionally put/left in the game counts as exploiting.

Not when the content is working as it is supposed to and as it always has.

the ONLY thing that has changed is how Cryptic applied the changes. They saw that people were doing what they should - team together for xp grinds - and were gaining too much too quickly in their mind, so they acted. There was not a single genuine exploit to be had.

Don't defend them on this. This time, they aren't worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    clooney002 wrote: »
    In before this thread gets locked.

But to be fair and since these guys arent talking I am almost 99.8% sure he is not calling all of us exploiters but a small few who were able to max the their specializations and were farming dilithium for every level after specialization was finished. That is where the "small group" he speaks of comes into play.

And, pray-tell, who put that Dilithium reward for every level after completing Specialization in?! Right, Cryptic themselves! Where's the exploit!?

That 'small group' should be subjected to no larger charge than that of being kick-*ss proficient!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And, pray-tell, who put that Dilithium reward for every level after completing Specialization in?! Right, Cryptic themselves! Where's the exploit!?

That 'small group' should be subjected to no larger charge than that of being kick-*ss proficient!

+1'd

Edit: has anyone thought about flooding the FB page with demands for an explanation? They can ignore the forums, they can't ignore dmeands on multiple fronts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah it's sad that this post will be locked and deleted here shortly, because really I think the OP is brave enough to say what a lot of people are thinking, like me.

Cryptic put in a poorly designed system, told us to go do patrols to fill in the exp gap because they were too lazy or incompetant to put in a well designed fully expanded system that has a smooth leveling ride, and when people do exactly what they were told to do, just not in the way Cryptic wanted them to do it, they get all mad and close down an entire system to punish everyone for it.

My biggest concern is, if they're doing this now, where's it going to stop. When is it going to stop? Seriously, at this point anything we do that Cryptic doesn't agree with, they can simply shut down entire sectors of the map forcing us to do things they want us to do in game, regardless if it actually isn't explotive.

That's the other issue. People weren't exploiting TRIBBLE. They were playing the game as designed. They were grinding their exp the way they were told to do, in patrols, using a difficulty system that was put in place years ago and recently updated, and doing missions with approved weapons and approved ships and approved powers in approved ways.

Calling it exploitive because they weren't doing it in the location that Cryptic wanted them to do it in was wrong. Then punishing your normal regular players who simply are trying to get marks for a system they put in place is also wrong.

Simply put Cryptic is wrong in this case. But they won't admit it, they'll shoot the messenger, ie the OP, simply because of his message.
This discussion has been closed.