test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Couldn't get map names from map manager?

shorlasshorlas Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Is there a way around this issue? I just drafted a couple friends into playing this game due to the recent update actually being a bit better in quality then most of the stuff perfect world forced cryptic to TRIBBLE out and call content.

Yet now, here we are, trying to start the mission 'The Best Defense' which is part of the core freaking storyline, and we are getting an absolutely game breaking bug that as far as I am concerned makes the game exceptionally unplayable. I would be far more forgiving if it was a side mission or an explorer/patrol because that's all pretty much optional content and it's possible to progress without touching it.

However this is a core story mission which stands in the way of huge amounts of content. Hell, removing an entire race or class would have less impact on new players than this.
Post edited by shorlas on

Comments

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic shut down the Tau Dewa maps, appparently because there was some exploit. Too bad you were trying to play the game I guess, better luck with the next expansion. :o
  • Options
    c3141pwac3141pwa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shorlas wrote: »
    Is there a way around this issue? I just drafted a couple friends into playing this game due to the recent update actually being a bit better in quality then most of the stuff perfect world forced cryptic to TRIBBLE out and call content.

Yet now, here we are, trying to start the mission 'The Best Defense' which is part of the core freaking storyline, and we are getting an absolutely game breaking bug that as far as I am concerned makes the game exceptionally unplayable. I would be far more forgiving if it was a side mission or an explorer/patrol because that's all pretty much optional content and it's possible to progress without touching it.

However this is a core story mission which stands in the way of huge amounts of content. Hell, removing an entire race or class would have less impact on new players than this.

There is no way around the issue.

This is sloppy, unprofessional work at best. If I took down my company's entire network, due to an issue in the e-mail server, and then proceeded to not tell anyone about it, I would be fired. I am amazed at what passes for IT in most MMOs.
  • Options
    caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    c3141pwa wrote: »

This is sloppy, unprofessional work at best. If I took down my company's entire network, due to an issue in the e-mail server, and then proceeded to not tell anyone about it, I would be fired. I am amazed at what passes for IT in most MMOs.

This is not an IT fail. It's a decision made by the game's developers to block access to content in order to prevent what they're calling exploitative behaviour.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    c3141pwa wrote: »

they did tell http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1265971
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    c3141pwac3141pwa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

They did that several hours after the fact and they posted it on the forums and not in game which means that a large portion of the playerbase will have no idea what is going on.
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You're not alone, OP. Several of our fleet members are stuck because of this.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Cryptic shut down the Tau Dewa maps, appparently because there was some exploit. Too bad you were trying to play the game I guess, better luck with the next expansion. :o

This mission is part of the Cardassian storyline over in/at DS9 actually. So what it's boiling down to is any new players that joined this week can't play past, say, level 35 at all until the fatal bug of replayable content is removed?
  • Options
    brantregarebrantregare Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    would've been nice to have heard something before I decided to go poke around TD sector just now. Oh well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So am I right this is down to fast leveling? Or something else.?
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    ifartsifarts Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

Its the free dil you get when your spec trees are maxed.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shorlas wrote: »
    This mission is part of the Cardassian storyline over in/at DS9 actually. So what it's boiling down to is any new players that joined this week can't play past, say, level 35 at all until the fatal bug of replayable content is removed?
    Unless it's a special mission you should be able to simply skip it and continue from there.

also... Doffing for Xp works great.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Unless it's a special mission you should be able to simply skip it and continue from there.

also... Doffing for Xp works great.

Allow me to repeat myself for the second time.

This is part of he story line for the Cardassian storyline.

You can't skip ahead in a story.

You can go back and repeat pieces of it but you can't skip ahead.
  • Options
    cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ifarts wrote: »
    Its the free dil you get when your spec trees are maxed.

there are way faster ways of getting free dil (like spending a few minutes in Voth BZ) than grinding XP for it. So that's not it. It's the powerleveling by anchoring to level 50 team leader and forcing all mobs to downscale while upscaling XP that is the big problem.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Couldn't get map names from map manager?

Been around for so long it actually qualifies for "Veteran" Status... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not just TD was shut down...all patrols were save new DR....
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wen1503 wrote: »
    Not just TD was shut down...all patrols were save new DR....

Seriously, even early fed stuff? That is disappointing. Not seeing how you could exploit those, since you could only run em once. I'm very disappointed, as I was levelling my new alts with those instead of the story, which I've run a few times through already.
  • Options
    sitaillyriasitaillyria Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    with these unavailable patrols, it becomes hard to grind the romulan marks...

no patrols, no azura rescue (shutdowned), a shuttle pve queue which is unplayable, no pve queue with choice of marks which is proposing romulans...

what a pain to get these marks !!!

only remain the rh'ihho ground, and the romulus little tasks on ground, and from time to time tholian alerts..

plz Cryptic, give us more ways to get these marks, it's really a bad bad idea to limit at this point the ways to grind the romulans marks !
  • Options
    solarfunsolarfun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have the problem: "couldn't get map names from map manager"...

After I finished the romulan introduction-campaign (found a new-remolus) and get my first ally and my ship this issue appears in the first mission when I´m trying to enter Beta-Thoridar-System....

That sucks soooo much!

Is there any way to play other missions or something ?!
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just checked, and the single use patrols in Fed-space (Pi Canis etc), are still working, so not ALL patrols were shutdown. Would not have made sense to - those can only be run once anyway, IIRC.
  • Options
    solarfunsolarfun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *delete this post*
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

Cryptic claims that it is some sort of exploit.

- Could be unexpectedly fast levelling
    - Could be unexpectedly fast levelling of ship mastery
    - Could be unexpectedly high drops of high end upgrade kits
    - Could be unexpectedly quick access to all of that 'post specialization' dilithium cutting into their bottom line.

The truth is that we just don't know exactly what the issue was because, aside from Q's instantly closed post on the subject, the Devs haven't been exactly chatty on the subject.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    and from time to time tholian alerts..
    !

Nope. Those are unavailable as well. It's a pity though since i enjoy those tholian Red Alerts a lot more than the, by now, boring borg red alerts.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can understand if they took it down due to exploiting. However at least gave us a warning that it will be taken down. Not take it down and tell afterwards.

To me I can kinda get by with the points by doing the ground work. Since I don't need many more to get my array. However I will restart my Rep run to T5 and will need those points. The saving grace is they offering extra Dil this weekend. So I can wait it out and do a couple of Dil runs. Since I still need Dill for the experimental array. So its not like its a lost cause since its down. However down too long will mess up my plans on my Romulan. Since I'm really playing that one to get it caught up for the Delta Quadrant.

I just hope they fix this issue soon.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    drmilkydrmilky Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    had to stop leveling my caracter that cant enter DS9 for the same quest as the OP, exploits aside, making the leveling process stop, since its a non skipable story quest, is a very weird choice from the devs.

ive opened a ticket and the answer was to just wait till they fix this, locking me from actually playing the game, if im lucky it will be fixed this thursday, if not then when do i get to play?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    drmilky wrote: »
    had to stop leveling my caracter that cant enter DS9 for the same quest as the OP, exploits aside, making the leveling process stop, since its a non skipable story quest, is a very weird choice from the devs.

ive opened a ticket and the answer was to just wait till they fix this, locking me from actually playing the game, if im lucky it will be fixed this thursday, if not then when do i get to play?

Nothing like a fix that breaks the game for new players coming to play in response to the hype of the new expansion eh? Canadia eh?
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ok then well if it "IS" about fast leveling, then they migt as well remove! all Elite content from the game because ive been playing on Elite for last week to "AVOID"!! the stupid gaps in the story and im Level 59 now....

I have a feeling this is down to something else due to the fact this sector and its patrol are so not the best way to get XP anyway.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Haha... so they did lock that down too.. yeah.. I no longer have doubts that this was about the speed with which players were levelling. That mission was another alternative because it had infinitely spawning mobs with a lot of friendly NPC support.
  • Options
    ifandbutifandbut Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »

Except this is at DS9 which is in Beta Ursae. Kinda the other side of the galaxy from Tau Dewa.