test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tau Dewa Patrol Daily Bugged

echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My toon is Lilly@echatty. She got the daily missions for radiation reports and sector patrol. She went into Carreya and cleared everything out and got reports. Upon exiting Carreya wasn't taken off the list. I found out that you had to make the radiation reports the primary for this to work right, so I made it my primary. But then when I tried to re-enter Carreya I kept getting the message "Couldn't get map names from map manager". So I went to the next one on the list. Same thing. I cannot enter any system for patrols at all. I can enter Nimbus and the New Romulus systems, but so far not any others.

I haven't yet tried this on any other toons. I've dropped those missions for now.
Now a LTS and loving it.
Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
Post edited by echatty on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They have been turned off on purpose by Cryptic.

Check the Threads for an answer.

They might be back after Thursdays patch.

<shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    They have been turned off on purpose by Cryptic.

Check the Threads for an answer.

They might be back after Thursdays patch.

<shrug>

people keep saying they were.. can you please link any dev or even a mod stating they were turned off. Dev tracker nor any phrase of search i have tried yield nothing official.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Okay, is this a joke, or are they really turned off on purpose?

I can get into Nimbus and beam down. Also New Romulus.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited October 2014
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »

I did.. notice its NOT a quote?

Checked DEV tracker.. no such dev said anything REMOTELY close to that statement. SEARCH the user "quoted" and get 'user not found'

Again. Can anyone link anything OFFCIAL, rather than quoting what is I suspect a forum troll?
    edited October 2014
    Did you actually READ the very first post????

There's a quote from Dev Factoid which was posted IN-GAME in one of the Chat channels.

:rolleyes:

Reading Comprehension can be your friend too.

:cool:
    edited October 2014
    So you don't have an official link then. Because nothing in that thread is verifiable anywhere.

Nor does insulting others somehow make your point.

Doesn't it bother anyone that this 'dev quote' is not a screen shot but typed out?

Maybe its legit, maybe its not. But without something verifiable, a screen shot of chat, an official post, I have to wonder if it is a dev nerf.. or a soon to be famous troll.

Which is why again i ask anyone for an official link. SOMETHING more than some guy saying he heard something.
  • alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    drasym wrote: »
    So you don't have an official link then. Because nothing in that thread is verifiable anywhere.

Doesn't it bother anyone that this 'dev quote' is not a screen shot but typed out?

Maybe its legit, maybe its not. But without something verifiable, a screen shot of chat, an official post, I have to wonder if it is a dev nerf.. or a soon to be famous troll.

Which is why again i ask anyone for an official link. SOMETHING more than some guy saying he heard something.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1265971
    The development team has identified some exploitative behavior by a small number of players on some game maps. Those maps have been shut down during the investigation. We’ll share more as soon as we have completed our investigation. This likely will not be completed until sometime tomorrow.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time.

Omnipotently yours,
    Q
    Ask And you shall recieve
    edited October 2014

Not that it matters at this point, but he didn't HEAR it, he READ it in his In-Game Chat window.
    Copied that and posted it here.

What you choose to believe is up to you, but please don't try to make the rest of us act like the "Ostrich" that you apparently want to be.

:rolleyes:

:cool:
  • ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    edited October 2014
    I see. Well all of that answered my question.

Except what the exploit was. *Shrugs*

I guess we'll see when they open it back up. I'll just get my Rom marks some other way.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited October 2014
    Q wrote: »
    The development team has identified some exploitative behavior by a small number of players on some game maps. Those maps have been shut down during the investigation. We’ll share more as soon as we have completed our investigation. This likely will not be completed until sometime tomorrow.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time.

Omnipotently yours,
    Q

The language used is pretty lolz, can't wait to see who / what these 'Exploitative Behavior' BS is all about...

Leave it to cryptic to be, well cryptic ;)

D,
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I read that. We'll probably never know what the exploit was. The two running theories are too many drops of the upgrade boosters or they don't like people powerleveling in Japori.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Checked DEV tracker.. no such dev said anything REMOTELY close to that statement. SEARCH the user "quoted" and get 'user not found'

Posts by 'Q' don't show up in the Dev Tracker. I pointed that out to them years ago and they've still never added the account to the list it searches for.
    echatty wrote: »
    Yeah, I read that. We'll probably never know what the exploit was. The two running theories are too many drops of the upgrade boosters or they don't like people powerleveling in Japori.

One theory I had is that it may simply be the enemies don't level with the players. So the higher level you are, the easier the enemies become since they are hard capped in Tau Dewa to level 50. Though I'm fearing that they may just be calling it an 'exploit' because many of us (not a minority like they claim) have been power levelling through the new ranks by simply running that instead of doing story driven content which barely nudges your rank up by a quarter.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • stickasylumstickasylum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    One theory I had is that it may simply be the enemies don't level with the players. So the higher level you are, the easier the enemies become since they are hard capped in Tau Dewa to level 50. Though I'm fearing that they may just be calling it an 'exploit' because many of us (not a minority like they claim) have been power levelling through the new ranks by simply running that instead of doing story driven content which barely nudges your rank up by a quarter.

Yep, the "exploit" was just people leveling at Tau Dewa rather than filling the gaps in the story xp with the hp-sink low-reward Delta patrols. Apparently the Tau Dewa enemies hadn't had their hp increased by 10x like the Delta enemies, so didn't fit with the new fun paradigm.

So yeah, you gotta grind if you wanna play that last story mission or elite stfs!
  • cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    echatty wrote: »

Upgrade boosters have been added to all loot tables. So if you kill enough mobs on elite difficulty (episodes, patrols, etc.) you will eventually get them dropped. It just happens that those patrol maps spawn a lot of mobs, making them to appear dropping more...

The exploit was the ability to powerlevel by anchoring to a Level 50 team leader and setting difficulty to match that team leader. Thus, the enemies wouldn't scale properly (lower HP but high XP given to the Level 52+ players). This is clearly not working as intended or intended to be abused like that - Lower levels should be getting a boost but a level 60 should not be gaining so much xp if the map is spawning level 50 mobs.
  • royrogersxroyrogersx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only "exploit" happening was folks teaming up to grind XP... pretty much the same thing that happens in every other MMORPG in existence. Granted, it has been a while since that was necessary in STO and STO leveling content has mostly been a solo adventure. The Devs just did not recognize the activity that was going on... grinding XP... in STO? Whatever for?

Also, the mobs in TD leveled with the level of the Squad Lead unless it bugged. So to the devs we say... Game mechanic Working As Intended. Granted, the players were not doing what you wanted them to do... slogging through the new content and new content only.

As for the "small number of players"... dude, this was a player sponsored server wide event. There were what, 50-100 TD sector instances at times. And dang, folks were having fun.
  • dunmovyndunmovyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here's the thing. I was playing the new content, on Elite difficulty, no less. I liked to have never killed that Vorn battleship solo!!

In any case, When I got to the point where the missions no longer leveled me to continue, I'd run the stfs, etc.

Still not enough to level and continue the story.

So I was doing Tau Dewa patrols SOLO, actually, cause I found the drops to be better. IMO, anyway.I wanted to level my toon, so I had to play somewhere else for a while, and was having fun, anticipating a level up so I could go back and immerse in the story.

Until the game cut me off. Oh no, NO FUN FOR YOU!!!.. Starship TRIBBLE (instead of soup TRIBBLE), to the rescue. Actually ALL system patrols in Alpha quad were turned off, maybe in the whole game, IDK.

This is why I don't subscribe. Here play this, NO, DONT!!, dang you're having too much fun, you're levelling too fast, we'll just cut this off.

Bah Humbug.

Well, I levelled anyway, doing FOUNDRY missions. Plus I got some dil and a few drops. Guess that will be shut down next???
  • royrogersxroyrogersx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here is the truly baffling aspect. If they feel the exploit is setting the lvl <59 to squad lead then why all the fuss? Why turn them off? Two weeks ago the server was at level cap. Two weeks from now the server will be at level cap again. This is how MMOs work. So they shut down parts of maps to address a problem that is self correcting? Anyone stopped by the bugs section lately? Is there nothing else more important that requires their attention than a perceived problem that is going to fix itself when everyone is lvl60?
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Deleted . . .
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    royrogersx wrote: »
    And dang, folks were having fun.

Which is exactly why they pulled the plug. The game's not supposed to be fun, it's supposed to be a brain numbing, boredom educing grindfest. Didn't they make that clear enough? :P

(This is intended as satire, though it's sad how much it resembles the reality.)

In all honesty, I think much fewer people would have been grinding the TD sector patrols had the devs not screwed up the queued missions so much. 80-90% of us (judging from the forums, zone chat, fleet chat channels) are now incapable of running anything above normal difficulty so we turned to the only other way there was to really make any progress. You can't blame the players for your own mistake. Fix the issues you created and perhaps you'd see fewer people running these patrols en-masse.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!