test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Borg Neural Processors for New Level 50s

leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
I was wondering if anyone had any tips (other than 'get better' and such) or advice on the best way for new Level 50s to acquire Borg Neural Processors? I have a new level 50 alt and since Delta Rising launched I have been struggling. I used to play Infected Elite (now Advanced) to get them however that isn't an option with the increase in NPCs and NPC Hit Points!

I am currently running the hourly reputation projects to get the reputation reward crates, which sometimes contain a BNP, I need 6 as I want to get the Assimilated Deflector & Impulse Engines however so far I've only got one. :(

This isn't intended to be a complaint or to spark discussion of the change in 'difficulty' but rather a discussion on how best to acquire BNPs once a character reaches Level 50.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't have the advice you're looking for, but I do have two related comments:
    I want to get the Assimilated Deflector & Impulse Engines
    Have you considered the Nukara and Counter-Command sets? The Nukara set only needs marks and the Counter-Command marks and special tokens are rewarded in the Undine battlezone whose difficulty seems unchanged.
    Or you could get the Solanae set by playing the mission 'A Step Between Stars' three times.
    'get better' and such
    This is the tone Cryptic sets with its current design.
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think you found a snafu. the only logical way to get BNP's is to do an elite PVE that gives them.

and doing one is like peewee herman vs thor ;)

I needed one more for something I wanted to mess with wish I had done it before DR after I got 1 but it was FUN not :)

your logic is sound and completely reasonable why I think you found a perfect snafu.

regards,

Rob
  • Options
    soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    solemkof wrote: »

Adding two 0's to the end of all ship health bars = / = getting better
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You just don't, because Cryptic isn't thinking straight. :D

Now you have to grind one reputation to get the items necessary to grind the next, it is rather ridiculous. Even with my well equipped ship the advanced STF constantly fail, because a lot of people don't know, what they are doing.

You can't hide the items you need to do something behind that very thing. They should have adjusted elite mode for level 60 and maybe slightly increase the overall difficulty and then build in a higher difficulty with like 3 times the reward or so for very experienced players with a good group.

Instead they made the Advanced mode a chore to pug that fails more often than not and still give you a 1h CD so you will most likely not try it out more often then once or twice a day.

So yeah, forget the Omega Rep items, you won't get them as of now.
  • Options
    irishcaptain007irishcaptain007 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If I may offer some feedback to the devs, I think you should seriously consider rewarding at least ONE borg neural processor/isomorphic injection/ancient power cell/etc on normal level queues. Scale the reward to 3 for advanced and 5 for elite. I understand you want players to get better, but much of your player base is casual and not interested in grinding away their free time playing the game. It may take the casual players longer to get the rep gear... But at least they will have a chance. Right now, I have no way that I know of of obtaining ancient power cells.
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It may take the casual players longer to get the rep gear... But at least they will have a chance. Right now, I have no way that I know of of obtaining ancient power cells.

Even if you not that much of a casual, you won't get them without a good group.
  • Options
    shinzonisbackshinzonisback Member Posts: 330
    edited October 2014
    There is only one way out: you should stop spending money.
    Its the only way.

If you don't spend, cryptic don't earn, and devs will have to think twice next time their greed thinks in their place -_-
    Italian Player - Forgive my bad English

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Have you considered the Nukara and Counter-Command sets? The Nukara set only needs marks and the Counter-Command marks and special tokens are rewarded in the Undine battlezone whose difficulty seems unchanged.
    Or you could get the Solanae set by playing the mission 'A Step Between Stars' three times.

Dont forget New Romulus gear too...

New Romulus - only needs dil, marks, and cred
    Nukara - same
    8472 - as mentioned above you can earn the Iso's in the Undine Space BZ
    Dyson - you can earn Voth Implants in the Ground BZ
    Solanae Dyson Sphere Chapter repeats

Its actually kinda funny...Omega rep used to be the easiest to gear up through. But with the change to difficulty levels its the other reps that will be easier to gear up through.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1253091&page=57

As indicated by BorticusCryptic, there will be changes sometime soon. This should make it easier to enter into Borg STF/PUG Advanced queues to obtain Borg Neural Processors. (Same with other reputation areas, too, such as earning Tholian marks, etc.)
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    do advance space and hope you get lucky in a pug with folks who are high level and fully geared up and are using carriers with purple pets.

unlike other rep factions where you can do normal ground and get rep drops... borg rep drops are only on advanced and elite. they need to move it down to normal for 1, advance for 3, elite for 5.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1253091&page=57

As indicated by BorticusCryptic, there will be changes sometime soon. This should make it easier to enter into Borg STF/PUG Advanced queues to obtain Borg Neural Processors. (Same with other reputation areas, too, such as earning Tholian marks, etc.)

wont really help... 30% hp reduction isnt much. Can 5 brand new L50 players do an advance with T5 or T5U ships with blue to purple Mk11 to 12 gear?

I doubt it very much.
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    wont really help... 30% hp reduction isnt much. Can 5 brand new L50 players do an advance with T5 or T5U ships with blue to purple Mk11 to 12 gear?

I doubt it very much.

It might be possible...i'm willing to bet that Cure Advanced is the easiest of all the advanced, and i havent even done any others. The Assimilated Carrier has always been a weak boss and it still is. If everybody were equipped in rare/vr XI and XII quest gear maybe it could be done. I did Cure Adv on release day right as servers came up. But of course it was in my best geared ship which is a Scim in full Rom-Plas, fleet shields/core, but only regular tac consoles. We even completed all objectives...and it was my first time running it on adv. Getting the other players in the group to do what was needed instead of doing the old strat was like pulling teeth though.

When i saw that Kang had a metric crapton of shields and health after 2-3 minutes of 5 of us flailing on the bops swarming him i said TRIBBLE it and fly to the right cube. I saw that the nanites only had 60k hp each, and the cube had 600-700k health. I called for 1-2 people to come and help me and we very quickly killed each cube as a group. Once that was done we all flew over to Kang and started to clean up. I thought that once the last cube was dead we could talk to kang and make him warp out. I found out in 2 queues later that there is a sphere that spawns near each cube and you have to kill that to get credit towards the "kill borg hangars 0/3". Once you kill those spheres then you have the option to talk to Kang and have him warp out. At that point you have completed all objectives that are timers and you just clean up the remaining ships so that the carrier can spawn.

But i'm not kidding when i say that trying to get people to do anything on Cure Adv is going to be hard. On like my 2nd or 3rd run after i knew that the above strat worked i had a different group and i was trying to convince them to follow my lead. But they refused and i was left doing cubes by myself. I was on an alt Sci toon and i didnt have the dps needed to kill cubes. Some idiot even tried to tell me that the old strat doesnt work anymore. But i was giving them the new strat. Until the masses get their new instructions from youtube or bosskillers or whatever it should be possible to put together a non-fail premade and do the above mentioned stuff.

a couple of key points though:

1) 2-3 of your highest dps should stay together and immediately fly to the same cube. Kill nanites then the cube. Ignore all ships (for now) and kill nanites > cube > nanites > cube > nanites > cube. If ships start to shoot at people on the cube team they should just ignore it tank/heal the damage and just focus on nanites and cubes. Once a cube has done they can sprint to the next one with evasive manuevers which will get them away from the sphere/raptors that were pew pewing them.

2) 1-2 of your strongest players should stay back with Kang IE tank and a healer. I estimate that Kang with zero help might be able to last 5-7 minutes. He has a TON of health and shields. It might not even be necessary to leave these 1-2 people back at Kang. If you leave Kang completely alone just make sure to watch his health. If he dies then adjust your strat for the next time. Leave 1 person back, or maybe 2 people back.

3) Since Kang has so much health abilities that reduce damage to shields and reduce damage to hull would be preferred instead of a straight heal like science team. Extend shields, hazard emitters, bubbles and barriers. And dont forget you can use tac team on him too. If Kang is taking a real beating on one shield facing and that facing is about to go down pop Tac Team on Kang and when he continues to take hits he will redistribute his shields. *NOTE* if you get to this point your dps on your cube team might be too low. Or possibly your Kang team needs to tank a few of the swarming ships.

4) each cube spawns a sphere...when you kill the sphere from a cube you get credit towards the mission objective "kill borg hangar 0/3". When you kill all three spheres someone can talk to Kang to get him to warp out. I'm almost certain its just the 3 spheres that are linked to this. Not a sphere and a raptor, but just the sphere.
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A recurring theme in all the advanced stfs is that crowd control is now king. If you have one or two decent CC players - GW3 or TBR with the reverse doff - you can keep the mobs at bay while the rest of the team goes after the soft targets.

For example, on Infected Space Advanced, assign one or two players to keep the nanites from approaching the transformer. When I'm in a PUG, I often handle this duty solo through a combination of TBR2/3 and EWP1.

When the first spheres pop through the gate, I fly straight at them and smear them with EWP while dragging the lot to the other side of the map with TBR. I then evasive back and repeat this process for however long it takes the rest of the PUG to pop the transformer. I've saved countless missions this way.

The above should also apply to Cure Space Advanced. Just keep dragging the bops and spheres away from the Kang and leave them mired in "warp poo" at a nice safe distance. No need to kill them (yet) - just keep them from mobbing the Kang while the rest of the team kills the probes/cubes/spheres.

Follow the above strategies and you're sure to at least complete the missions. Getting the option? Now that's a very different prospect, though the core principals still apply (you just need a LOT of DPS on the part of the assault teams).

Of course, right now there simply hasn't been enough outright failure to get everyone to wake up and realize that the old rules no longer apply. There are still way too many "Kirks" out there who think they can pop the generators and still beat the spheres by quickly killing the transformer. Not much you can do about these other than handle the CC and hope the team appreciates that you just saved their collective asses. :)_

RCK
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    i think the current action is a deliberate move to clear the borg queues so they can be properly redone at a later date.

I think its a deliberate move to reduce the amont of dilithium people can farm, why else would they nerf the most played events in the game?
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think its a deliberate move to reduce the amont of dilithium people can farm, why else would they nerf the most played events in the game?

Must be the reason because the only other one imaginable would simply be “killing fun”. :confused:

Must also have been a tough decision to look at ones owns game and see that 90% of the player run only ISE & CCE and then decide what to do about it.

Well mission accomplished!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    sykes79sykes79 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can still complete ISA and get a borg neural processor even if you don't have the minimum 13.5k dps, you just won't get the optional unless you are on a strong team.

I've done ISA about three times with two of my characters that are each doing between 14 to 16k. I've never been on a team that has gotten the optional but each time we managed to beat the STF and get the borg neural processor. When I looked at the combat log afterwards, the dps of my team members was all over the place in numbers. Many players were way below 10k. One was even below 1K.

So the only reason each player on the team would need to have a minimum dps of 13.5k is to have a chance at getting the optional of completing ISA in a certain time limit (I can't remember what it is now, was it 15 minutes?). The only reward for getting the optional is some extra omega marks, still nice to get but not essential.

As long as each team member has a decent enough damage output to destroy the transformer before the nanite spheres arrive (and perhaps someone can delay the spheres with crowd control abilities), then it should be possible to finish ISA.
    SyD2j3q.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Adding two 0's to the end of all ship health bars = / = getting better
    This. Oh so much this.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Thats how I interpret it also, they cutoff access to BNP's to force a progressive grind to be able to play the missions that award BNP's. The Solanae set isn't bad but it's shield is trash, the Nukara set is also pretty good but your forced to use a particular energy type to maximize your DPS, and the Undine set is pretty mk12 standard fare with an odd secondary effect.

Your best bet is to grind your fleet stores and crafting, and forget about the Omega gear. Cryptic has put it beyond the reach of anyone who hasn't put in the time to grind every other system in the game. It was planned.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG