test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When can I do the new missions?

krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
Question, Do I have to do all the missions leading up to the expansion to play the new stuff? My romulan is about 3/4 through the main romulan arc and level 50, and as a result some of the Elachi space battles are brutal grinds with scaling.
http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
Post edited by krovan on

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You don't have to actually do those missions, but you have to go into your mission journal and use the skip button. Do note that a handful of the missions cannot be skipped. However, these are usually simple missions that just have you fly to a sector block to unlock the next arc. After that you can skip all the other story missions. I think you might need to do Surface Tension though. Not sure on that one.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The dyson missions you will need to do in order to progress to the delta missions, I would say keep playing and level up as it will give you a boost for the delta missions.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not sure if you want to Skip those, though ... because there are only 10 New Missions in the DQ which won't get you to Level 60 anyway (everything else is Grind Grind Grind) ... I'd recommend doing all Story Missions, and if you're lucky you might make it to Lvl 60 without major Grinds between Missions ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the info, I actually decided to keep plugging along, leveling past 50 in the Romulan arc isn't bad since I reworked my skills and boffs the new space combat just requires more than autofire, and that's a good thing
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not sure if you want to Skip those, though ... because there are only 10 New Missions in the DQ which won't get you to Level 60 anyway (everything else is Grind Grind Grind) ... I'd recommend doing all Story Missions, and if you're lucky you might make it to Lvl 60 without major Grinds between Missions ...

This^

Maybe before going into DQ get to level 54-55 first. That should be enough to allow you to playthrough each DQ mission without having to stop to do anything else or to go back into the old zones.