test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry farming missions gone, only spotlight missons available.

ravenmorpheus2kravenmorpheus2k Member Posts: 103 Arc User
Hello

I checked the foundry today, after finding it had been down recently, and I noted there are no missions other than spotlight missions!

Has the foundry intentionally been purged of all those helpful EC/Dil farming missions?
Post edited by ravenmorpheus2k on

Comments

• bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After a new season it takes a bit of time for all the foundry missions to be republished and they get released in 'batches' I belive. It makes sense to release the spotlight missions as the first batch.

The others will be back eventually.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope the grindng missions get purged or stuffed into their own category.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »

How are they any different than the patrol missions in the end?
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    How are they any different than the patrol missions in the end?

Because grinders clog up the terrible Foundry search interface, which already makes it difficult to get a non-spotlight mission found. If you ever took a look through the top 50 list of missions (before DR, right now a lot are still unpublished) around half or more were spotlights, which already have their own tab, or grinders.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • ravenmorpheus2kravenmorpheus2k Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Ah OK then. Guess I'll have to wait to start EC farming again on my Federation Human character. I need some major EC to upgrade my Sovereign ship.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

You probably haven't noticed there is already a "combat" category that you can freely ignore in favor of those terrible fanfiction missions.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Because grinders clog up the terrible Foundry search interface, which already makes it difficult to get a non-spotlight mission found. If you ever took a look through the top 50 list of missions (before DR, right now a lot are still unpublished) around half or more were spotlights, which already have their own tab, or grinders.

From my perspective all those spotlight and other fanfiction missions clog up the default interface and keeps me from getting to the missions I want. But as I said before there are categories that missions are already placed in, so searching "combat, solo, ground/space" does me just fine, as I'm sure "story" might float your boat.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A new interface: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=943411 would do wonders for everyone who played the Foundry. ;)
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    atomictiki wrote: »
    You probably haven't noticed there is already a "combat" category that you can freely ignore in favor of those terrible fanfiction missions.

You'll play the "terrible fanfiction" and like it!