test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising Mission 1 - Mindscape - Incompleteable twice in a row

2»

Comments

• aerohawckaerohawck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have run it three times now and it locked up twice. Perhaps Cryptic will give us a Delta Quadrant treat once they fixed it.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    I did it on normal, and had 2 with me.

I did it on normal too but i had just one boff with me :confused:
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • zapow21zapow21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You have to actually match the wave signatures, not like picking up R&D

For some reason I'm completely unable to match the wavelength of any rift no matter how many times I try. It doesn't work even if the red and blue signatures are aligned. I'm very frustrated by this. My progress is halted by something that should just be an automatic scan. I have no idea why it needs to be complicated.

I'm about ready to quit the game entirely.
  • roamerzaroamerza Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mindscape was bugged for me with the two characters I went through it on.

My problem was the Tuvok who was running around the ship with me came back to the ready room, so I had two Tuvoks there, and there was no talk prompt on the ready room Tuvok.

In an attempt to try and leave the bridge, and reset I walked around the bridge, and when I walked to the far corner, as far away from the ready room as you can go, mission Tuvok vanished, and I could then talk to the Tuvok in the ready room.

Hope this helps anyone.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just completed this 5 min before maintenance - phew.

It bugged for me the first time. The 2nd time I made sure to kill all enemies in the hallway prior to astrometrics. This time it worked fine.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited October 2014
    zeratk wrote: »
    6th attempt. It worked now at this stage, but sometimes Harry Kim is bugged as well.

I still bet i killed all the npcs before as well, but sometimes the Tuvok NPC stucks somewhere in the corridors, so you have to proceed slowly and attack every npcs where they pop up, so that Tuvok follows into the astrometics.

Just an idea. The devs probably set a trigger for the maintask, so that the Tuvok-NPC acutally has to enter Astrometics himself.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • knightraider6knightraider6 Member Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It just bugged on me twice in a different manner. Played through it on the same character each time. got through no problem, got to the end prompt when am told the mission is completed, return to sector space. So I do...and get a pop up to begin the mission. It never counted as complete. Which means I get to try it a third time, and hope this time the hamsters counting the xp notice I finished it and give me credit. :D
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier." R.A.Heinlein

"he's as dangerous as a ferret with a chainsaw."

• knightraider6knightraider6 Member Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just for grins, tried it a third time, this time on a KDF engineer. Same result-completed the mission, then when tuvok left and i left the mission zone...it brought me right back to the pop up to start the mission.
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier." R.A.Heinlein

"he's as dangerous as a ferret with a chainsaw."

• cwnannwncwnannwn Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Everytime I play this mission it crashes to desktop at random points. The crash report window pops up on my desktop with this error code: 34891372. Not sure what that code is but so far I'm not having much fun playing this latest update. Anyone know a fix for this???? :confused:

My system info just in case: AMD A6-5200 with Radeon 8400 HD Graphics 2.00 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit.

I even turned all the graphics settings down in the preferences menu and still crashes.
  • hrtturrhrtturr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've been incapacitated 4 times trying to play through this mission, and every time I respawn I have to play the whole thing over again from the beginning! Why do I not respawn in the meld? Very frustrating!

:mad:
  • karinaedeweisskarinaedeweiss Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Singularities do not match - after hours of trying I'm deadly frustrated!
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did it on normal too but i had just one boff with me :confused:

The first time I didn't even realize you were supposed to have boffs with you and then the boss fight bugged and I had to fight 8 waves of undines in the first stage. At least I was playing a bunker engineer that time.

This time the mission just resets at the end leaving me unable to complete it. This happened twice in a row. Apparently the mission progresses but it remains on the "Distant Voyager" stage on my mission list.
  • captainkaos1captainkaos1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cwnannwn wrote: »
    Everytime I play this mission it crashes to desktop at random points. The crash report window pops up on my desktop with this error code: 34891372. Not sure what that code is but so far I'm not having much fun playing this latest update. Anyone know a fix for this???? :confused:

My system info just in case: AMD A6-5200 with Radeon 8400 HD Graphics 2.00 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit.

I even turned all the graphics settings down in the preferences menu and still crashes.
    Cwnannwn you are seeing the same issue as me and a few others. this crash only occurs when your batteling ships not only in the mindscape mission. see our thread
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1253411
  • landonkentlandonkent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    After I track down cooper in astrometrics and end the meld there appears to be no way to finish the mission. I am stuck on the bridge and the mission bar says I still need to go to astrometrics this is the second time in a row I have got stuck here.
  • url1kurl1k Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    4 tries and 4 times stuck with nothing to do after astrometrics. F this
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    landonkent wrote: »
    After I track down cooper in astrometrics and end the meld there appears to be no way to finish the mission. I am stuck on the bridge and the mission bar says I still need to go to astrometrics this is the second time in a row I have got stuck here.

I'm there with you. Stuck on the bridge. Played twice through with my rom tactical captain all alone in tuvoks mind and both times ended up on the bridge, unable to finish the mission. Stick a fork in this upgrade, and I was silly enough to pay for it.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • url1kurl1k Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    5th time was the charm for me. When heading to astrometrics this time I took it slow through the halls which is the opposite that you tend to do when repeating a mission since you've seen it al before. When I ran into a group of NPCs I made sure to stand there until they aggrod on me so I would kill them. I also made sure Tuvak followed me around. This time it worked and I was able to advance. I think the bug is related to either NPCs you did not kill or Tuvak hanging up somewhere.
    edited October 2014
    Any Idea When This Will Be Fixed??
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    The last few people in here. Read the thread. There is already a workaround in here to solve this problem until they fix it!

No need to rage.
  • sweeneysgirl13sweeneysgirl13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My problem is that no matter what I do, I have to go against all the Undine by myself. Voyager just hangs out way out of harms way. And when I respawn I have 3 or more Undine attacking me.
    (If this is posted in the wrong forum I'm sorry. I didn't fully read the title.)
    edited October 2014
    I'm there with you. Stuck on the bridge. Played twice through with my rom tactical captain all alone in tuvoks mind and both times ended up on the bridge, unable to finish the mission. Stick a fork in this upgrade, and I was silly enough to pay for it.
    The last few people in here. Read the thread. There is already a workaround in here to solve this problem until they fix it!

No need to rage.

Not so much.

There was speculation as to a cause, and a couple of people speculating as to why it might have worked the one time out of four it worked for them. So far no one, especially cryptic/perfect world has published a for sure work around. With that being said I went back and killed EVERYTHING the game would let me kill, even though it wasn't a mission objective, and it worked. There were people who did this and had it work, and others who did it and didn't have it work. The speculation is when it doesn't work it may be caused by a mob spawning out of bounds, in which case it's just a TRIBBLE shoot.

When a someone charges as much as two full brand new video games for an update, and you can't even finish the first mission due to bugs, it's going to get rage. As far as rage, that wasn't rage, :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curmecurme Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Anybody found a fix for this yet?

I finally try DR and I cant get past the first mission because of bugs.
    edited October 2014
    *facepalm*

Now after we ended the mindmeld a second time, i had two Tuvoks. At least one vanished and info-icon showed up...
    edited October 2014
    *facepalm*

Now after we ended the mindmeld a second time, i had two Tuvoks. At least one vanished and info-icon showed up...

And while i was able to finish the mission, it did not accomplish....*sigh* Two weeks and not even the first mission got debugged. Great Advertisement!