test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comparison of LoR and DR packs

alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
DR pack:

1. 9 ships for 3000 zen each. 27000 zen in total.
2. 3 VR DOFFs – ~500 zen.
3. 3 VR BOs – 1500 zen.
4. 3 ship upgrade tokens – 1500 zen.
5. 3 tech upgrades – ~150 zen.
6. 2 uniforms – 1100 zen.

Total ~31750 zen. Price in c-store - 12500 zen.

LoR pack:
1. ships and shuttle – 14750 zen.
2. 1 VR BO – 500 zen.
3. 2 uniforms – 1100 zen.
4. 2 BO slots – 250 zen.
5. 30 keys - ~3к zen.

Total ~19600 zen. Price in c-store - 16000 zen.

I didn't calculate titles because they are junk. Playable “Reman” species can be unlocked through romulan reputation. DOFFs from LoR pack are all blue quality, hence they are junk. DR pack can use all factions, LoR pack can be used by romulans only. In DR pack all ships are T6, so I don’t understand why they included ship upgrade tokens in it. LoR pack doesn’t have T6 ships and upgrade tokens. I think that owners of LoR pack as minimum must get free and unlimited T5U upgrades of their ships from that pack (including fleet variants).

What do you think about it?
Post edited by alexvio1 on

Comments

• Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    DR pack:

1. 9 ships for 3000 zen each. 27000 zen in total.
    2. 3 VR DOFFs – ~500 zen.
    3. 3 VR BOs – 1500 zen.
    4. 3 ship upgrade tokens – 1500 zen.
    5. 3 tech upgrades – ~150 zen.
    6. 2 uniforms – 1100 zen.

Total ~31750 zen. Price in c-store - 12500 zen.

LoR pack:
    1. ships and shuttle – 14750 zen.
    2. 1 VR BO – 500 zen.
    3. 2 uniforms – 1100 zen.
    4. 2 BO slots – 250 zen.
    5. 30 keys - ~3к zen.

Total ~19600 zen. Price in c-store - 16000 zen.

I didn't calculate titles because they are junk. Playable “Reman” species can be unlocked through romulan reputation. DOFFs from LoR pack are all blue quality, hence they are junk. DR pack can use all factions, LoR pack can be used by romulans only. In DR pack all ships are T6, so I don’t understand why they included ship upgrade tokens in it. LoR pack doesn’t have T6 ships and upgrade tokens. I think that owners of LoR pack as minimum must get free and unlimited T5U upgrades of their ships from that pack (including fleet variants).

As someone who bought the LoR pack - I say no. i got my usage out of that pack. Quite frankly, your argument despite presenting figures is invalid.
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is a fact that the DR pack provides better savings over buying all the contents individually than the LoR pack does. Whether it's better value is subjective, depending entirely on how much of the contents you actually want.

How that translates to LoR pack owners supposedly "must get" free stuff, I have no idea. :confused:
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think that owners of LoR pack as minimum must get free and unlimited T5U upgrades of their ships from that pack (including fleet variants).

The contents of the LoR pack is very specific. You got what you paid for.

Just because you feel "entitled" because the game has moved on does not change anything. The LoR pack will remain as is.

It is similar to purchasing a car and then expecting a free car every time there is a newer version. Sure cars are physical products while LoR is a digital product. But in the end you are purchasing a product that have been designed and marketed "as is".

If you feel short changed, then my advice is do not buy any expansion ship packs ever because as long as STO continues to be up and running the easy conclusion is they will eventually release another expansion pack that may have even better ships.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At least I didn't have to buy the LoR pack to stay competitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    5 fed ship 2 kdf ship 2 rom ship ya every faction.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    scottstatenscottstaten Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2014

By your math, the DR pack is a better price, so I'm sorta glad that their "deals" have gotten better.