test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Difficulty Feedback (was "Terrible Elite Mode")

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    That's utter nonsense. The only bits of "the gear you need to do the STFs" that comes from the Omega reputation system are the Assimilated Console and Kinetic Cutting Beam. You don't need to touch the queues to get full sets of gear from every other reputation (aside from Delta).

The best general purpose layout is CC Deflector, Romulan Engines, and a Resilient (preferably Fleet) shield if you have attack patterns. Nukara Engines and Nukara Shields instead if you don't have attack patterns. Obelisk Warp Core if you're using Antiproton weapons (for the set bonus with the omni-array), Fleet core with [AMP] if not.

It's not that you don't have the gear for it. It's that you don't know what you're doing to such an extent that you don't even know that you don't know, and think it's the gear.

Believe it or not, some of us feel that with the massive amount of end game gear available, we shouldn't all be having to use the exact same items on our ships to beat the content. We like our individuality intact. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Too bad they suck if you run a drain build or Science Toon. :rolleyes: I've tried the above combos and do more dps with the 2 piece CC Deflector and Engines and Fleet shield with my Tac. The Nukara set is great on my Engineer. She has loads of power and shield recharge to make up for the meh Nukara Shields. However, my Sci, which has a Torpedo Boat would not be nearly as effective without the Adapted MACO Set.That Set is 15 BNPs and 3000 Marks.

If you want to talk economy or starter build, you're right on the Obelisk set but the 3 piece Solonae is a better choice.

Well, I did say "general purpose", which isn't drain, Science, or a torp boat. :P

In any case, the Obelisk core/array is best for DPS with AP weapons, compared to a Fleet core with [AMP] and all 4 subsystems above 75 power.
    Believe it or not, some of us feel that with the massive amount of end game gear available, we shouldn't all be having to use the exact same items on our ships to beat the content. We like our individuality intact. :P

Are you agreeing that there's a massive amount of end game gear available, so Omega rep gear isn't necessary for the queues that give BNPs?

In other words, you're agreeing that it's not "Catch-22" because you don't need the gear from those queues in order to run those queues, due to the large amount of alternatives?
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
    Take one down, patch it around.
    127 little bugs in the code...

Why am I laughing at this?
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just posting this again....

Some people don't realize that there were 3 modes in Beta. EASY, Normal and Advanced.

Because of the IP you had a bunch of people who were not really gamers playing. They couldn't fly their ships or kill anything and were dying a lot. This made a lot of middle aged women frustrated. So they created EASY Mode for them. You could literally go AFK and win battles on EASY.

About 2 weeks before release, for some unknown reason they redid the difficulty. Easy was now NORMAL, Normal Advanced and Elite was added.

If you have been playing the game on Normal you have really been playing on grandma mode since the game was actually designed to be played on what is now the Advanced mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just finished a CSN in two minutes. Still haven't completed CSA.

That's not a reasonable gap in difficulty. There is no ground for the 10k DPSer to stand on anymore.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Are you agreeing that there's a massive amount of end game gear available, so Omega rep gear isn't necessary for the queues that give BNPs?

In other words, you're agreeing that it's not "Catch-22" because you don't need the gear from those queues in order to run those queues, due to the large amount of alternatives?

What I'm saying is, some people want that gear. They don't want the other gear, it's personal preference. Why should they have to spend X amount of time and Y amount if dilithium to buy other gear they don't want, just to be able to play the content they used to be able to play so they can do said content to get the gear they actually want.

I have quite a few different builds across my 14 characters. One of my favourite for the Borg is MACO or a mix of MACO and Borg gear, but to get that you need to be able to play the advanced Borg queued missions. So for the characters I already have it on, that's fine. But for those I don't, I'll need to go and spend a load of time and money I don't have to get other gear just so I can go and do what I could do a week ago to get the gear I'm after.
    fftt wrote: »
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
    Take one down, patch it around.
    127 little bugs in the code...

Why am I laughing at this?

Because it's the sad truth? :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!