Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance 10-16-2014 6:30PM - 11PM PDT

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    gulp

Our maintenance will be extended to 9PM PDT tonight folks (extended by one hour)

Sorry for the delay, but we thank you for your patience!

*hides behind the nearest emergency bulkhead*

~CaptainSmirk

Well that settles it, I was debating whether or not to stay up and go back in once the server was up, or go to bed now and get some sleep. I'll go sleep and hopefully things will be working tomorrow.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still, if it were a rollback, they would have said so.
    Here's to hoping.

But if it's game breaking enough, they may have no choice, especially if people have exploited it (if possible).
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well when the respec is fixed, you may what to think about putting a points in sub system repair.

No, that's what they have human bridge officers for there at Cryptic. (+20 subsystem repair per boff).
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Aww, it got extended an hour...

King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, that's what they have human bridge officers for there at Cryptic. (+20 subsystem repair per boff).
    Last I heard, there were no humans left. Lack of sleep does that to a person.

BRRAAAAIIINNNNSSS (or bacon)
  • Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so i see that elements o this mornings patch are getting rolled back, but whato f the progress people have made since then? will it be lost?
  • Options
    kytho74656kytho74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A rollback is similar to what you would do with System Restore on a Windows system. Restore the code prior to 'bad' code. (I dislike the word 'bad' there. lol), but essentially, depending on how far back they utilize, when it was saved, etc, would determine what is 'removed' from the code, hoping to clear away the errors. Anything that was not saved prior to the rollback 'set', will disappear. It isn't a 'standard' practice, but if it is code that is intertwined or extensive, then sometimes, that is the only way to remove them.

I am thinking it is not a rollback this time. Clarification would maybe help, but not required. They do things in the best interest of everyone, but sometimes, it does have a direct affect to its 'users'. Just roll with it.

But to answer, a rollback would essentially remove items you acquired 'after' the last saved point for which they used to adjust with a rollback. ( a previous saved image of EVERYTHING in the game_)
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why do people think there is a rollback?

We gonna start shouting doom about that every time they do an emergency patch to fix some big issues?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    dwalker1701dwalker1701 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well that's the Haggis in the fryer as Scotty might say ... so much for coming home from work to unwind. Really, couldn't the dev's wait on this til business hours? I'm sure they believe it's important. Not all of us have unlimited time to hop into our ships.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Why do people think there is a rollback?

We gonna start shouting doom about that every time they do an emergency patch to fix some big issues?

Yes.

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jake477 wrote: »
    Being one of us.

See, this comment made me want to find a version of One of Us by William Shatner. Sadly I did not. I swear I've heard it, somewhere, at some point... but I can't find it for the life of me. So instead, here's Rocket Man, Iron Man, and Bohemian Rhapsody, and Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds to occupy you instead. Enjoy.

:D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    lynxmlynxm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gulp

Our maintenance will be extended to 9PM PDT tonight folks (extended by one hour)

Sorry for the delay, but we thank you for your patience!

*hides behind the nearest emergency bulkhead*

~CaptainSmirk

We do appreciate you letting us know and we promise not to launch you into space with a torpedo launcher ;)
  • Options
    catonikjamescatonikjames Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thomas7906 wrote: »
    :mad:
    I was given no such warning about the server coming down or was i updated to the fact.. So i'm in the middle of upgrading one of my ships " That I'm Forced to do now that this BS of a patch"Sorry Expansion came out.. And as always Cryptic never fails and coming out with something new and breaks everything else in its wake.. Bravo once again from all of us Lifetime Subs who for some stupid reason spend an insane amount of money playing this Broken MMO..:mad:

I've been a Lifetime Sub since before the game launched. I'm also a software developer. The Devs need more time than they're given... and this is the result. Unfortunately, "emergency maintenance" is common these days. You wouldn't believe the type and amount of software that is sold as a finished product, when it is not even finished beta, sometimes even alpha.

I was given a few warnings (server broadcast) about the maintenance. I chose to spend my money to play this MMO, because I enjoy it.

Oh, and by the way, I've gotten about half of my original purchase price (in zen) back by now

Cryptic: Thank you for continuing content release FOR FREE! Don't bother with this thomasthetankengine kid.
    "The dead one tried to show me h3ll, but it was a pale imitation of the horror I can paint on the darkness in a quiet moment.” - Mark Lawrence
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Who is this 'we' you're talking about? ;)

I'm going to use a giant slingshot if I can get him out from behind that bulkhead :p
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    echatty wrote: »

I'm going to use a giant slingshot if I can get him out from behind that bulkhead :p

Well, we know bacon won't work, any ideas? haha!
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the word "rollback" is the new "Doooooommmmmeeeeeddd!!"

But I could be wrong.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    echatty wrote: »

you sir have no imagination

take a giant space ferret, have it hold on tightly to the crystalline entity with both sets of paws, pull it back with a tractor beam from a borg ship equipped with strobe lights, hit the strobes and let smirk go
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *Throws a ton of Tribbles, at the Developer crew, for the delay.*
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hahahaha typical, the only damned rollback (unless I've somehow missed another one) and I did actually miss it completely because I was taking a break in preparation for my binge session since I knew DR was coming out and would be shortly followed by the winter event. More than 3000 hours of game time on record and I missed that six hours.

Still, if it were a rollback, they would have said so.

They didn't tell us about the last one till AFTERWARD.
    (sorry not trying to be a prik just saying what happened)

:cool:

See, this comment made me want to find a version of One of Us by William Shatner. Sadly I did not. I swear I've heard it, somewhere, at some point... but I can't find it for the life of me. So instead, here's Rocket Man, Iron Man, and Bohemian Rhapsody, and Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds to occupy you instead. Enjoy.

:D

I like my version of BOHEMIAN KLINGON RHAPSODY better.
    (posted in the DOOM thread)

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    aleaic wrote: »
    *Throws a ton of Tribbles, at the Developer crew, for the delay.*

DONT LET THEM INTO THE HAMSTER FEED O.o
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    I like my version of BOHEMIAN KLINGON RHAPSODY better.
    (posted in the DOOM thread)

Me too, lol. :D
    lynxm wrote: »
    We do appreciate you letting us know and we promise not to launch you into space with a torpedo launcher ;)

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say...
    I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be...
    But if you'll wait around awhile...
    We still won't jettison you into space. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think the word "rollback" is the new "Doooooommmmmeeeeeddd!!"

But I could be wrong.

HAHAHA!!!! too funny. It is doom to those who allow it. :) Just kidding. lol

I think some may not understand/know why anyone would do that with a live game sometimes. I think that is the issue that peeps grapple with. But really, it isn't that bad, most of the time. lol :)

Keep up the great work Captain Smirk - to all you Cryptic-types. LOL.
  • Options
    noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope it is a roll back so I can get my 500 zen back I had to spend on a respec token because I messed up the free one :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2014

this guy has a strange obsession with gayness

FILTHY REBEL

TR IS LIFE, TR WILL PREVAIL
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    DONT LET THEM INTO THE HAMSTER FEED O.o

*Lets them into the Hamster feed... in Droves...*
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    noxtereg wrote: »
    I hope it is a roll back so I can get my 500 zen back I had to spend on a respec token because I messed up the free one :rolleyes:

See, not all bad. :) someone might benefit from it. lol :)
  • Options
    mavfinmavfin Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    doh i was in a middle of a mission and was being attacked aswell.
    why is it they have to do this all the time, shut it down when people are in missions
    why dont they give notices in game like they did before when they doing a normal maintence

There were 19 minute, 15 minute, 10 minute and 5 minute notices in-game. Not their fault you didn't read them, or perhaps had the channel not visible.
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The future is the past, the past is the future ... I'm getting a headache :P

Star Trek Online: The Wrath of Broken Server

Smirk: Smirk to Enterprise.

Gecko: Gecko here.

Smirk: Captain Gecko, damage report.

Gecko: Admiral, if we go "by the book". like Lieutenant TacoFangs, hours could seem like days.

Smirk: I read you captain. Let's have it.

Gecko: The situation is grave, Admiral. We won't have main power for six "days". Auxiliary power has temporarily failed. Restoration may be possible, in two "days". By the book, Admiral.

Smirk: Meaning you can't even beam us back?

Gecko: Not at present.

Smirk: Captain Gecko, if you don't hear from us within one hour, your orders are to restore what power you can, take the Enterprise to the nearest star base, and alert Starfleet Command as soon as you're out of jamming range.

Commander Trendy: Sir, we won't leave you behind!

Smirk: Trendy, if you don't hear from us, there won't be anybody behind. Smirk out.
This discussion has been closed.