test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vesta aux cannons have disappeared

ashtarprimeashtarprime Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hey, so my vesta aux cannons have "disappeared". I had three of them. There is a purple outline where they should be, and they show the pips on the side. But no image of the weapons. They also aren't there (tried a mission, they don't fire, they also don't show up on the weapons/power UI thingy). I also can't put any other weapon into their slot.

They were each upgraded to MK XIII.

/edit: when I double click on the pseudo-blank icon, it says "cannot remove item from slot", and all my inventory slots turn red (like when you can't move an inventory item).

Logging off and logging back in does not change anything. This happens in ESD, outside ESD, the fleet starbase, and on two fleet alert queues.
Post edited by ashtarprime on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    was hoping to do a little DR content! But, oh well :(. I hope it gets worked out.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    We're investigating. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I hope it works out well! :)
  • Options
    laguna72laguna72 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same issue here. Oddly enough, I had three equipped, but only one has vanished; naturally, it's the one I'd spent upgrade points on. Another captain I was chatting with said his non-Vesta upgraded DHCs had disappeared as well.
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Found an issue that could cause this to happen. A patch has been submitted for QA to check.

In the meantime, this issue will happen if you convert your Aux Cannons via the Upgrade system. You should still be able to claim "normal" Aux Cannons from Vesta ships and use them. When the patch goes through it should fix any upgraded Aux Cannons that were bugged, if everything works as planned.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same issue here. Glad to see a fix is in the works.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    megraemegrae Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lost 2 engineering consoles that were from the fleet mine. :( I hope they get the issue fixed and I get them back, or the dilithium and fleet credit given back to just go reget them.

Twilight, Particle Physicist that stole the ship.
    Original Signup date: August 4, 2008
    LTS since Pre-Order
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So what you guys are saying is... "Don't upgrade things you're not prepared to lose until they patch it"?
  • Options
    wisty5000wisty5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is anyone else having the problem of upgraded/non-upgraded aux cannons completely stuck to their Vesta? I can't even replace mine with the standard mkXII ones. Or anything else for that matter.

It's frustrating because I've upgraded the ship and want to start earning mastery points. It also hits a hell of a lot harder than the T6 sci ship I've been playing about with. It's good, but it's not my pretty Vesta bruiser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    acheronbladeacheronblade Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    one of the three aux cannons on my vesta disappeared also. None of mine were upgraded though. Even if I claimed another cannon, I would not be able to equip it because the forward weapon slot is now locked.
    PRWDS5g.jpg
  • Options
    strifesehstrifeseh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Having a similar issue, one of the 2 forward aux cannons on my vesta isn't loading, however it seems to have some kind of bugged placeholder item in the slot. When I right click it, I have the options "info" and "cancel" showing up, and if I select info, it loads a blank item information page. I was also experiencing this issue earlier when I copied my sci vesta captain to tribble last week. I'm using nonupgraded versions. I've attempted to drop another cannon over the placeholder to equip them, but nothing happens (i hear the equip noise, but they do not equip). I've also attempted equipping a few torpedos into the slot, but they will not equip. The bugged equip slot is the rightmost slot on my ship sheet.

P.S. I decided to do a discharge and reclaim for the MMRE vesta on my sci and the reclaimed version did not have the cannon issue....however now in my character bank, I have bugged item placeholder for a cannon (I keep a cannon in my sci captain's bank for when I run all 3 forward randomly).
    I also decided to check the ship on my tac captain (I had claimed it on him a while back but rarely used it, however I set it up with all the pack consoles and three forward cannons) and all of it's weapon/console slots appear normal.
  • Options
    dellindellin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same problem for me, although I had two of the aux cannons on the ship and the left most slot is the wierd placeholder now. Going to have to use other ships until it gets fixed, I'll wait on upgrading that vesta until I'm sure it all works.
  • Options
    blingdenstonblingdenston Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My three Auxiliary Heavy Cannons, two XIII and a XII, are also missing. As described above, the slots are 'full', with 'items' that cannot be removed or replaced.
  • Options
    samatimswsamatimsw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My three Auxiliary Heavy Cannons, two XIII and a XII, are also missing. As described above, the slots are 'full', with 'items' that cannot be removed or replaced.

Same problem: M first two weapons slots had a Mk XII and Mk XIII Aux Cannons and both are gone, both slots are unchangeable, but nothing is equipped. This happened when I upgraded by Multi-mission Recon ship to T5U. Nothing seems to change it unfortunately :(
  • Options
    rokesmithrokesmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I guess I feel a little better that it's not just me. Maybe?

Anyway, I had all 3 upgraded to ultra-rare xiii's, and all are gone. I don't know if it was before or after I upgraded the ship. Either way I kinda can't play until this is fixed. (Okay, I suppose I could break out another ship, but I ain't gonna do it dang it. I want my friggin Vesta to work.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fltcaptcrandallfltcaptcrandall Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have the same issue. Upgraded Aux cannon weapon item was slotted in the rightmost fore slot. Icon picture is gone, only colored pips showing. Can not move item out. Info is blank. I guess its into the Delta quad with only 2 fore weapons!
  • Options
    bennyfletchbennyfletch Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like my AUX Cannon or forward weapons slot back please! Preferably the cannon, since it did have an upgrade applied to it.

Big thank you when this happens!
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This should have been worth a emergency patch. Now we are going to take weeks for this to be fixed. The Dev team says claim mkxii from other reclaims but you still have to be able to remove the nonexistent ones, which you can't. I have to give it to Cryptic though this best and smoothest launch I have see them do in two plus years.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same bug happened to me. I logged off with three Aux Phaser Cannons equipped to my MMSE last night, this afternoon I logged on and have purple outlines where my Aux Cannons were in and can't even unequip them. (All three were MKXIII and one of them was an Ultra-rare.) I really don't want to lose that Ultra-rare one.
  • Options
    bufflezbufflez Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I ended up pulling everything off and discharging my vesta and reclaiming it. Everything worked fine after that though I didn't upgrade my aux DHC's. I also had to set it all up from scratch but since it's my primary ship, I wanted to play the new content in it.
  • Options
    brohoulettebrohoulette Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Having the same issue but only with the MkXIII - the MkXII works but the MkXIII is invisible and cannot be replaced. :mad:
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yup.. same problem for me.. 3x invisible (just the frame is visible) UR MK XIII Aux Cannons.. I hope this gets fixed VERY soon.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    samatimswsamatimsw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So....I noticed it's not just the ship that's missing the Aux Cannons. I had a MK XII in my bank and THAT item is the same: Has a very rare outline/markings, but is blank and it cannot be moved OUT of the bank.

I mean, I'm still doing okay with DR content, but it's REALLY hard taking on bad guys with only ONE forward weapon.....
  • Options
    ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    samatimsw wrote: »
    So....I noticed it's not just the ship that's missing the Aux Cannons. I had a MK XII in my bank and THAT item is the same: Has a very rare outline/markings, but is blank and it cannot be moved OUT of the bank.

I mean, I'm still doing okay with DR content, but it's REALLY hard taking on bad guys with only ONE forward weapon.....

I've straight up sidelined my main for this reason.

It's just unplayable.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ereiid wrote: »
    I've straight up sidelined my main for this reason.

It's just unplayable.

Yeah, I've done nothing but crafting and doffing since DR came out. It does sound like there is a fix in the works, so at least there is that!
  • Options
    dellindellin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The patch notes from today say the problem is fixed, but its still affecting my vesta. It wasn't upgraded when the patch went live, so I upgraded it in the hopes it would fix it, but it didn't. I still have a locked fore weapon slot and am still missing the Aux cannon that should have been in that slot.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The patch notes are for the patch that hasn't been applied yet. Tomorrow, yo.

I'm definitely happy that they got this so fast. Thanks all.
  • Options
    bennyfletchbennyfletch Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My Aux Cannon has been restored. Thank you all again for your wonderful work!

:D