test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's with the $30 ships?

thejudge573thejudge573 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
$30 is way to steep of a price to pay for a bunch of pixels and code. Really cryptic did you really have to go a charge $30 bucks for the new ships. It would of been nice to get the free ship token or something for the new expansion. Now it just seems like levels 50-60 is going to be a long grind and a pay to win. Thanks for ruining this game even more.
Post edited by thejudge573 on

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmmm.. you're saying that 2500 Zen for a T5 ship plus 500 Zen to upgrade it to a Fleet ship was ok but paying 3000 Zen for a T6 ship isn't?
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would of been nice to get the free ship token or something for the new expansion.

You get a free expansion already.
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm bad at spotting troll threads and this one is obvious even to me. Try harder next time.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What I think is funny is that if you spend the 700 zen to upgrade a tier 5 ship you're spending more money overall than what a tier 6 is worth. So in essence we're paying more for less and being pushed into getting tier 6 ships which I personally think are junk... overall a foolish move, tier 6 was a bad idea, I would have been happier with a robust ship customization system instead of this junk!
  • gekosuxnutzgekosuxnutz Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    2,000 zen is what these t6 are worth. The fleet version is going to be better, so why bother buying it now?
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the answer is dilithium, or 42 :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Meanwhile, over in NW, people pay $40 (4,000 Zen) for a mount that does nothing special. Can't fight on it and it just looks different from the free mounts. I think it runs a little bit faster.

Taking everything that ships do over here in mind, it's not bad for 3k. Sure it can still be pricey depending on your budget, but relatively speaking, it's not horrible. At least not as horrible as it could be.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    What I think is funny is that if you spend the 700 zen to upgrade a tier 5 ship you're spending more money overall than what a tier 6 is worth. So in essence we're paying more for less and being pushed into getting tier 6 ships which I personally think are junk... overall a foolish move, tier 6 was a bad idea, I would have been happier with a robust ship customization system instead of this junk!

I am a KDF Sci. I really had no choice unless I want a $30 ship without science seats.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well an ethical company would have repriced all the obsolete tiers downward and kept the top tier price the same. But this is Cryptic/PWE we're talking about.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • artrineiousartrineious Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nw was charging 40$ in beta....

Thay should of set the t6 ships at 25 and discounted the others
    There just being greedy now. I have VA token ships that are now space junk, I don't agree with it costing 30 bucks for to fleet ships ether.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pfff $30?

If you think about it, it's fair

T6 are 10 console ships, normally costing you 3000 zen anyway.

That's entry level mmo skrub tier pricing.

Star Citizen offers a ship bundle at the reasonable low low price of $ 15,000!
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's totally worth it, though ... you'll need these 30$ Ships to replay the same 10 new missions till you're ready to shoot yourself ...

... point being ... if there would be anything to do with these new shinys ... it'd might be worth it ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pfff $30?

If you think about it, it's fair

T6 are 10 console ships, normally costing you 3000 zen anyway.

That's entry level mmo skrub tier pricing.

Star Citizen offers a ship bundle at the reasonable low low price of $ 15,000!
    Star Citizen ships are available through ingame resources. At least they will. Paying is a way to finance the game development, and have the ship "faster".
    Just like kickstarters provide various bonuses to backers.

Anyway, I still remember when people complained over the 2.5k zen ships, and I will still be there when the 3.5K ship will be introduced. Not that I'm gonna pay for it, I'm not that stupid, paying 30$ for something that will be obsolete in a few months, no thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    $30 is way to steep of a price to pay for a bunch of pixels and code. Really cryptic did you really have to go a charge $30 bucks for the new ships. It would of been nice to get the free ship token or something for the new expansion. Now it just seems like levels 50-60 is going to be a long grind and a pay to win. Thanks for ruining this game even more.

YOUR STUPID ENOUGH TO PAY IT- thats what sup
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, over in NW, people pay $40 (4,000 Zen) for a mount that does nothing special. Can't fight on it and it just looks different from the free mounts. I think it runs a little bit faster.

Taking everything that ships do over here in mind, it's not bad for 3k. Sure it can still be pricey depending on your budget, but relatively speaking, it's not horrible. At least not as horrible as it could be.

The mounts also let you take more hits before being knocked off in addition to moving faster. But that's not the sad bit. The sad bit is that an account wide mount is $40, but people will spend 750k dil/astrals to upgrade from green to blue, ten another 1.5mil to upgrade blue to purple PER CHARACTER. The nw zen exchange is at 500:1, so that's 4,500zen for one character instead of 4000 or 3500 for the whole account.

Outside of cryptic, the most egregious I know of was some mechwarrior game that charged $500usd for gold plated mechs that had exactly the same stats as any other. Just colored gold.

I wish I had that kind of money to waste. I have some non wastefulmuses for it, lol.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »

If you're upgrading single ships, yes. More than a T6... if you're upgrading multiple T5's it's cheaper as the upgrades cost you 500 a piece if you buy them in the 4 pack.

I bought the 4 pack and upgraded 4 of my toons ships to T5-U at 500 additional a pop. The 5th (which is my Fed Sci) I may end up moving to a T6 intel at some point, but that will be awhile a way as most of my toons are shelved for now while I level my Rom-tac on the new content and rep. The only thing I am doing on any other toon right now is R&D leveling with my Fed-eng, as she is my source of upgrades.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    2,000 zen is what these t6 are worth. The fleet version is going to be better, so why bother buying it now?

Hyperbolic opinion stated as fact...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
    edited October 2014
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Well an ethical company would have repriced all the obsolete tiers downward and kept the top tier price the same. But this is Cryptic/PWE we're talking about.

Ethics have nothing to do with people who refuse to pay X amount for a product, it all boils down to what the average consumer is willing to pay... Just because you won't pay what another believes is a reasonable price does not make a vendor 'unethical', get over yourself...

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    imruined wrote: »

Well, to be fair worth is itself an opinion. Something is worth only that which the consumer is willing to pay. So to that person is may be "worth" only 2000, which may mean they would be unwilling to pay 3000 for it to get it, and as such won't.

I tend to not think of anything in this game as worth zen, but rather money. I budget a particular amount to this game, and if it mean it takes me lnger to get it, then it takes me longer to get it and thus I jut gave fun playing to game content till I can get the new shiney. As really nothing in this game has any hard "worth". It's just a game. But this may just be because when I was rolling my real life person I seem to have put more points into patience.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't worry. Soon enough there will be T7 ships for $35!
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited October 2014
    It's totally worth it, though ... you'll need these 30$ Ships to replay the same 10 new missions till you're ready to shoot yourself ...

... point being ... if there would be anything to do with these new shinys ... it'd might be worth it ...

... point being ... this is such a useful and informative post with no contrivance involved what so ever...

I also have to wonder, if that's how you perceive STO, why are you even playing, or are you just another petty troll haunting the forums?

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Star Citizen ships are available through ingame resources.

Star Trek Online ships are available through ingame resources. True, you have to convert them to zen first, but still...
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Star Trek Online ships are available through ingame resources. True, you have to convert them to zen first, but still...

and every ship in SC will be attainable in game with in game money :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xyquarze wrote: »

I bought my T6 Phantom was bought through dil conversion
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    You get a free expansion already.

I wouldn't object to free dinner.

*sees "Neelix's Kitchen" across the street*

I TAKE IT BACK! I TAKE IT BACK!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP