test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising - Official Story Trailer

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Narrated by members of the original Voyager cast, the Star Trek Online: Delta Rising - Official Story Trailer gives a sneak peek into the trials and tribulations that await you in the Delta Quadrant!

Check it out here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That is really great!

No..., actually.., THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!

Saw it for the first time while playing the game last night.

Kudos to the folks who created it!

Just wish it had a bit of "Voyagers" theme in it.

(it's sad that an "Official Star Trek Game" has to jump through hoops and pay through the nose, to be able to use Original Trek themed music)

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Very cool -- I accidentally skipped it when I tried to increase the volume while playing last night. Thanks for posting it on YouTube. Since we have the file on our computers (since it's in the game) is there anyway we can access that?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My ears...that theme...oh the horror.

I'm sorry, it's time to say goodbye to Kevin Manthei and hire someone else to compose for this game.
  • Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Too bad the content sucks compared to the trailer.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tim Russ and Jeri Ryan sound great.
    Garret Wang and Ethan Phillips do well reprising their rolls.

But what is up with Robert Picardo portraying Spookey-Scary-Mirror-Universe Doctor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Very cool -- I accidentally skipped it when I tried to increase the volume while playing last night. Thanks for posting it on YouTube. Since we have the file on our computers (since it's in the game) is there anyway we can access that?

The game really needs a feature to change the volume during cut scenes. And if it'
    s just a "reset to default volumes when certain key is pressed during cut scene."
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »
    Too bad the content sucks compared to the trailer.

Can I haz you stuffz?
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Really glad you posted this online. I tried watching it in game yesterday, but the sounds of ships warping in and out around me were deafening and I couldn't hear the VO. Really good vid. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Shouldn't this have been posted BEFORE DR launched ?

...or is this a desperate attempt to keep players from abandoning ship ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    gekosuxnutzgekosuxnutz Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hah, I doubt craptic is gunna keep the older players.

Only so much abuse and neglect one can take.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wardcalis wrote: »
    normally you guys, you are really good with music, but the song in the trailer, the one in delta quadrant sector space, it really sucks and doesn't feel like startrek what so ever. normally startrek has strong supportive low strings with gentle lighter tones, it just doesn't feel like startrek and and beyond that it was more annoying than good. there were little to no harmonies in it. you guys are awesome and i've come to expect more from you guys, i guess everyone has a right to make flubs on occasion

i dunno it felt like music you could explore with.I will admit it gets a bit annoyin after a bit in kobali zone but it fits zoomin around in your ship explorin the stars =)
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    neos472 wrote: »
    i dunno it felt like music you could explore with.I will admit it gets a bit annoyin after a bit in kobali zone but it fits zoomin around in your ship explorin the stars =)

Agreed, I actually quite like the music. I even turned my music volume up when flying around the Delta Quadrant for the first time in a long while because I was enjoying it so much. Everybody has different tastes though I guess.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I tend to not listen to the in game musiic and with this one I remember why
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for this wonderfull trailer.

Starfish couldn t do better :D

Just a question: Now with us being in 2410 and in The Delta Quadrant and the whole Fed/Kling/Rom unity, maybe we can get some updated or changed log-in screen music?

Everytime I hear this military tamtamtam or the Klingon bush drumms and HOOOOOOOOO, it gets more annoying..
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    actually, robert picardo sounds awesome! i think it fits very well to have him sound a bit more emotional. he's been the emotional kind all along, and those 32 years certainly made him "more human".

as always garret wang gets ONE LINE :D

too bad none of all the star trek games of the past 25 years managed to get the licenses for the star trek OSTs... i mean your composition is ok, but it is obvious that you try to mimic the voyager score without actually using it. the actual intro-music, or better a "remixed" version of it would have given me even more goose bumps ;)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I personally liked the music when you go to the Delta Quadrant it had a Star Trek feel to it, I heard the hint of Voyager's theme in it, and I also thought that I also heard a hint of TOS in it as well. Also, liked the voice acting by the actors that were from Voyager. I do not want you guys to fire the person who made the music. Plus, not everyone liked the theme music for Enterprise so in a sense what makes this situation any different besides it being a Star Trek Online game? I loved Mindscape, which for a bit was bugged for me, until I tried it again last night. I will play the next mission after watching Jeopardy tonight. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.