test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Irritated that lvl 60 characters can't team with 50-49 characters for some queues

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
So I just tried to team up with my fleet to run a Colony Invasion and made the unwelcome discovery that because we had a mixed team of level 50-60 characters we were unable to queue. This throws a huge wrench into my fleet's gameplay patterns. We have a lot of alts and casual players that won't be 60 for quite some time and now we can't team with them for several queued missions.

I see that Fleet Alert has a rank requirement of 5-60. It's accessible to pretty much all players. Why are Colony Invasion, Big Dig, Starbase 24, and others restricted like this when they do not have advanced/elite versions that you can manually choose from? Even the new Advanced versions of the STF queues are "50-60" instead of "50-59."

If a level 60 character is on the team then they should be brought down to 50, 55, 59, whatever, and allowed to play with their friends or the brackets should just be made as 50-60 to be consistent with the other queues (elites notwithstanding). I do not like this system at all. It's fine for the queues that have elite versions, but this just doesn't work at all for the ones that do not have elite versions.

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not an issue because you aren't level 60 now within 24 hours of launch.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was level 60 within 8 hours of logging on, so yes, it is an issue right now, not some nebulous time in the future. I don't see why the 'brackets' for the non-STF queues are so inconsistent.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.