test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who Killed the R&D system??

vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
So....I had already noticed the new lag we get them trying to slot R&D projects.....but now, It's seems to be getting worse...

On my Fed Romulan, I cannot even get the "start task" button to de-grey.....it just sits there for over a minute....eventually some combo of switching back and forth between projects makes it come available....but its a real pain in the TRIBBLE....

Please stop TRIBBLE up the doff system!
Post edited by vedauwoo on

Comments

• lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yea, my first 2 were delayed but my main I had to physically change the Doff to start it.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, there's been a bit of twitchiness with it. Mostly saw it yesterday. Overall the servers have done well, though.

When it would 'stick' yesterday; I found that leaving/entering a system would clear it for a time, so I could reset them.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Doff swapping seems to always reset it so it will work. Beyond that redoing your selection from the menu where the 'start' button is greyed out (like going from Mk VI and reselecting the Mk VI) seems to work most of the time.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Switching doffs is a pretty reliable workaround on this matter but it's safe to say that it's more or less broken again/even more (whatever fits for you). But honestly, after the launch of a whole expansion I'm surpised the game's running at all. Just make (loads of) bug reports and hope for the best in the following weeks.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The lag in R&D and the Exchange are both pretty bad.
  • alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've had this same problem and have a solution: click a bunch of times around the words "critical" and "success" up at the top next to the purple and blue bars. That makes the animation of those bars complete and the button turns blue and clickable.

Seriously this works.

PS I am not a crank.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've had this problem too, clicking a bunch of times within the R&D window seems to un-grey the button! :D
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Buy a Crafting Access Time Delay Unlock for only 950 zen.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Video...it also killed the Radio star
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vedauwoo wrote: »
    So....I had already noticed the new lag we get them trying to slot R&D projects.....but now, It's seems to be getting worse...

On my Fed Romulan, I cannot even get the "start task" button to de-grey.....it just sits there for over a minute....eventually some combo of switching back and forth between projects makes it come available....but its a real pain in the TRIBBLE....

Please stop TRIBBLE up the doff system!

There is a function in most version control systems that is called something like "blame". Once the bug is fixed, the devs can trace back the culprit and mock him mercilessly.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I found that it's worst whenever I'm on a ground map like ESD. Beaming to orbit works for me, no lag there...
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Experiencing the same problem. Also had to close and open R&D a few times for the Daily project to show up to be slotted. It wasn't on the list at first. Perhaps this thread should get moved to the Bug Report one.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It probably should be moved to the Bug Report forum.

Workaround: Move the entire Duty Officer dialog to force a redraw.
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Clicking the catalyst slot and clicking clear seems to get it to work too.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Or you can drag the R&D window a little then let go, the button magically un-greys (new word)... surprisingly enough the "shake it 'til it does something" technique works! :rolleyes:
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is a fast and easy fix to the greyed out button. It's annoying as hell, though.

If you slot an R&D task and it's greyed out: Click one of the catalyst boxes. Then click off it to close the pop-up menu it spawns. Your "start task" button will be orange again.

100% of the time, every time, that fixes it.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is a fast and easy fix to the greyed out button. It's annoying as hell, though.

If you slot an R&D task and it's greyed out: Click one of the catalyst boxes. Then click off it to close the pop-up menu it spawns. Your "start task" button will be orange again.

100% of the time, every time, that fixes it.

Are they just toying with us now?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All right, I confess! I did it!!! And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids and their dog!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    All right, I confess! I did it!!! And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids and their dog!

That's no dog that's my Chief of Ops!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,428 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That's no dog that's my Chief of Ops!
    Sorry, the leather collar with the leash on it threw me.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The lag in R&D and the Exchange are both pretty bad.
    The DOFF filter has a huge lag too. And sometimes I cannot start a DOFF assignment because autoassigned DOFFs were already used in another assignment.
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I found that it's worst whenever I'm on a ground map like ESD. Beaming to orbit works for me, no lag there...

Same here.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You're not seeing things. This is really annoying.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Or you can drag the R&D window a little then let go, the button magically un-greys (new word)... surprisingly enough the "shake it 'til it does something" technique works! :rolleyes:

This. Just move the r&d window even 1 pixle and the start up button will light up.