test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dev Team And Cryptic......Thank you!

captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
Many have complained, including myself.........yet....listen

Do I hear a happy Tribble in the server room?... OH MY!..... the wheels are still spinning!:D

The server is up, they players are happily clicking away....

and no-one has said thanks!

Welldone guys, you did well this year!

No Crashes! (yet)
nerf.jpg]
Post edited by captinwh0 on

Comments

• Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sector space, maps, ships...all look nicer and, crisper. And, new episodes are always nice. I'll give them that for now.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great job indeed. Even as a tribble user the full experience of the DR missions is above my expectations. New ships: fantastic. Server and technical stuff, no complaints. General feel and gameplay: top notch.

Now if they could give my KDF talaxian boff some proper talaxian pants (uniform doesn't work) this would be damn near perfect.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I owe a friend a fleet module for the server staying up more than two hours...

Edit, well done cryptic I really am pleased to have lost that bet.
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    they may get some things right but SO MUCH WRONG!
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so far, the work Cryptic have done seems fun.

I'm not at all impressed with PWEs support of this work, but its their bank balance.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was actually looking for somewhere to say bravo on the servers remaining up (for the time I played anyway).
    I had a couple of minor bugs and some slight rubber banding but overall I cannot complain about this launch thus far in terms of game stability.
    A welcome surprise.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ... but NO thanks. The servers simply existing doesn't make up for the changse they have forced upon the players. It is preferrable to have the server DOWN than to have what they gave us when the servers came UP.

So... thanks but NO thanks.

Can't take much more of this. We're all just about ready to revolt.
  • Options
    noxteregnoxtereg Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yay someone DID make a thank you post. Glad I looked before posting.

Thanks Cryptic and PWE for all the hard work and hours put in to this expansion!
  • Options
    capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So far, so good, here!

No ingame issues yet, but that may be because, despite this PC being a year old(and still pretty good), I adjust my settings for performance over visuals, so....

No issues upgrading my Fleet Nebula to T5-U(thank goodness for spare $ from mowing our neighbor's yard!), and with those upgrades, on top of the Neb/Fleet Neb's buffs with my Mk XIII Dyson space set, I'm at 58k Hull...still lousy dps(by design on my part), but the story-mission enemies haven't been much of a threat to me, so far!

Still avoiding PvP like the plague, and likely won't even consider the new STFs until I have a few extra levels under my belt...I...really have no complaints so far...but, I also won't be surprised if we get a server outage or 2 before it's all said and done! :D
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    noxtereg wrote: »

Thanks Cryptic and PWE for all the hard work and hours put in to this expansion!

The happy players are too busy playing. I'm stuck at work for another 4.5 hours. I know I liked what was on tribble, will see how it is live.
  • Options
    rearllrearll Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    noxtereg wrote: »

I echo this, so far I've had no problems (Touch wood) - upgraded a bunch of T5's and played with the Intel ships, im really enjoying it. :)
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gotta agree; smoothest launch ever.
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm a bit verklempt as I type this, but I just want to offer a real 'thank you' to Thomas, Jeremy, Al Rivera, and the entire team at Cryptic, you guys really out did yourselves. I have at times been a critic, but thus far Delta Rising seems to be a home run! There is so much content, new systems and gameplay here...it's a bit overwhelming....but in a really good way. Just working my way through the blogs with the actual systems up to see how they all work...masterful.

Okay enough of that... when is X3 coming out? :D

P.S. I'm one of the guys who won a signed Delta Rising poster in Vegas...it is framed in my livingroom for prosperity!
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    rjay1985rjay1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    they may get some things right but SO MUCH WRONG!

And then there is one jerk who has to ruin the nince thread.....my hats are off to the Cryptic team for a great DR launch...I salute you!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Everything I see so far looks good. I'm watching my friend do some of the new missions

I like to make a personal thanks for fixing the assimilated regen shield upgrade. The graphics also somehow look crisper?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I also want to say thank you cryptic for a good launch I have had no issue's as of yet. And thank you cryptic for putting the delta pack in the c store for 12500 zen I was able to pick it up with my hard earned zen. Thanks again
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I want to say well done too.

Most of my friends have been worried for weeks because of all the rumours and horror stories of what was to come.

I logged on tonight to silence in my fleet chat, broken by the occational bursts of "this is so cool..." or "omg i am on Voyager!" because everyone was so focused on playing the new content and was having so much fun.

I think so far the server has been amazingly stable, no one had to queue to get in and it went really well. So far it has been a very positive experience. :)
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's been a bit crazy at home so I have been on very often today. But what I played was good! :)

Though IMO LOR was better. Just speaking my mind.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Everything I see so far looks good. I'm watching my friend do some of the new missions

I like to make a personal thanks for fixing the assimilated regen shield upgrade. The graphics also somehow look crisper?

The art team did a pass on a lot of stuff. The whole galaxy map & sector maps, several items, the tailor got new sliders and many clipping issues fixed, several maps had tweaks etc. All the art people really deserve a big thanks for the hard work. Some of it subtle.
  • Options
    crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited October 2014
    On behalf of the team, You are all very welcome. We are truly humbled and honored by your gratitude. Star Trek and STO are both very dear and important to us. It is our work and our art. It brings us great joy when people enjoy it.

Thank you for playing. We hope you continue to enjoy Delta Rising for quite a while. And we hope the story surprised you. But remember - No Spoilers :)

LLAP
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gotta agree; smoothest launch ever.

True.

I had a few lagging moments ,but that may have been actually because of what else I was downloading while playing STO and not related to the server directly.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I haven't had much of a chance to do anything major apart from upgrading one of my free ships, but I just say, BRAVO on what I've seen. Bravo.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On behalf of the team, You are all very welcome. We are truly humbled and honored by your gratitude. Star Trek and STO are both very dear and important to us. It is our work and our art. It brings us great joy when people enjoy it.

Thank you for playing. We hope you continue to enjoy Delta Rising for quite a while. And we hope the story surprised you. But remember - No Spoilers :)

LLAP

I wait with praises till we see where elite is in a month or two and if you guys can stay firm against the whine-brigade or not. I will try some elite stuff later and if I dont die on the first tryouts i will be sad^^
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    While I think there are issues with this expansion, I have to applaud how stable everything has been since the patch. No queues, no lag, no crashes, no long load screens.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Have to agree that I am also happy with the new content and lack of emergency server disasters of previous releases. So thank you!

P.S The new plasma rifles are ridiculously small even for my 5ft 9in player.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dev team and crypic, thank you. But please take on board that simply increasing hit points of npcs
    dose not equal fun or interestin, especially when rewards have been nerfed.
  • Options
    cbiz1983cbiz1983 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Have had so much fun exploring so far. Many thanks for all the hard work.
    45bEibx.jpg
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am enjoying this more than I have enjoyed anything else in STO. And that's really saying something.

Thank you!