test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Logitech F710 Game pad Not Working

craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Was working fine this morning before patch. After patch, have lost the use of the camera movement function and the movement of character, being the two sticks.
This problem happened after release of season 9 i think it was. I hope it doesnt last too long as i am hopeless at playing with keyboard.
I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
planet-space-sun.jpg
Post edited by craig76 on

Comments

• kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Likewise, sticks not working again, Logitech G13 here.

Just like Season 9.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same with my f310... seems they converted back to x-input instead of staying with direct input.
    @Powerblast in game
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Same with my f310... seems they converted back to x-input instead of staying with direct input.

i dont think thats the case. This problem happened after S9 launch
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Got this message on twitter, i told them about the problem :

" Our team is investigating and we hope to have this address asap. Sorry for the trouble! "
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited October 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    i dont think thats the case. This problem happened after S9 launch

That's exactly what I was referring to... some numbskull on the dev team decided it would be a good idea to change the controller input code from directinput to x-input at the beginning of season 9 causing the exact same problem we are having now, deja-vu anyone.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited October 2014
    my bad, misread your post :) Just woke up lol

Anyway, they know about the problem cause i told them on twitter and they are investigating it :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited October 2014
    If you have a controller that is switchable between direct input and x-input in controller settings enable both controllers AND x-box controllers and set your controller to x-box. the sticks and dir pad should work and the buttons, though if you customized the buttons for d-mode the a,b,x and y may be remapped slightly.

Try it and see if it works.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited October 2014
    yeah, i tried that on my controller, didnt work for me, if anything, i got a message appear on screen saying if i switch to x-input, i wont be able to use the mapping feature, something to that effect. When i click the "ok", it closes the profiler on me. But i still tried it ingame, and nothing worked lol
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited October 2014
    yeah, i tried that on my controller, didnt work for me, if anything, i got a message appear on screen saying if i switch to x-input, i wont be able to use the mapping feature, something to that effect. When i click the "ok", it closes the profiler on me. But i still tried it ingame, and nothing worked lol

Yeah... it probably worked because I don't even have the Logitech profiler installed and just use the windows controller setup. I still won't use it because the buttons are in the wrong place though and having slot 3 activate when I press button 1etc. is disconcerting.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited October 2014
    ah ok. I dont have the windows one installed lol. Ilike the profiler, its all setup the way i like it :).
    A little while ago tho, the trigger button i use as the control key from keyboard, stopped working. I couldnt work out why it done that, so, i had to remap the trigger as the Alt key instead and then change my keybinds and tray layout. Instead of using tray 2 for control, i moved everything down to the Alt tray, being tray 3. No biggie, but i hope the alt dont fail, otherwise im up u know what creek without a paddle
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Any news on a fix for this problem?
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Paid for the DR pack, but cant play because gamepads broken since s10 :(
    And getting no replies. Is there a fix coming devs??
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • belanna58belanna58 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i have dual action logitech controller, also not working since season 10 release. When will dis be fixed? It shooda been done last week!!! :mad:
  • tecbulltecbull Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Use joy2key (shareware) until the fix is made, it's working for me.
    Oil, because Matter-Antimatter reactors haven't been invented yet... Please Hurry!
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, tried those programs some time ago, didnt like them, its like trying to use the keyboard, which is why i use the logitech profiler and gamepad, everything operates smoothly instead of clunky :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, tried those programs some time ago, didnt like them, its like trying to use the keyboard, which is why i use the logitech profiler and gamepad, everything operates smoothly instead of clunky :)

Yep and those programs don't let you control camera rotation through the joystick which is the main reason for using a controller. it gives far more freedom of movement than wasd with is what emulating keyboard presses would do.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited October 2014
    wish they'd fix it quick wanna play :(
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Any news about a fix coming devs?
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Bumping as this is needed by many
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Bump again
    @Powerblast in game