test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will you make a Gold Ship?

wardcaliswardcalis Member Posts: 1,137 Arc User
By gold ships, im speaking of fully upgraded gear set complete with all t14 gold quality gear. Will you continue upgrading until you have a gold ship?
Post edited by wardcalis on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. I doubt I will even get all Mk XIV Gear, let alone all VR or Gold. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sure. It's super-easy to do on Tribble.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hell no.
    /10char
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I won't upgrade a thing until they remove the lazy TRIBBLE RNG from the process. Sloppy programming to not allow the player to control what mods an item gets.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • kazisakikazisaki Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    probobly not, but i'l at least get my MkXIV gold RCS thrusters ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aargolosaargolos Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Un-subbed about a year ago.

Too many gimmicky consoles, ships, etc. Too much pay-2-win. Lock box lottery, half-assed "new content". More grind.

I'm self-employed, enjoy a modest income, and LOVE Star Trek. I'd happily pay $20/month (probably $25/30) if the game was actually any good.

I refuse to pay for what it's become.

Go back to subscription-based, fix the f*****g market(s), and maybe Cryptic will see some more of my dollars. I'd love to throw a "take my monies!" meme up, but it's all facepalm.

Not just patch/update day emo-rage either. I'll update and login for a look around once all the inherent bugs are addressed and everyone isn't over-loading the server.
  • sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'll upgrade all my consoles to gold (100% exotic crit damage, fewer consoles used, so totally worth it). But the rest, nah.
  • zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Halfway there :D Goldz rulz
    2010 is my join date.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wardcalis wrote: »
    By gold ships, im speaking of fully upgraded gear set complete with all t14 gold quality gear. Will you continue upgrading until you have a gold ship?

The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To quote an old friend..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uc3V8NxKWw

No Chance in Hell!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    LMAO! Can I make this into a sig?

Sure. :)

/10char
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    2 for certain, 2 potential for me.

Two on tribble, both proof of concepts - an NX- in all gold, to push to the absolute limits of T1 DPS, and an FACR-U all gold as a test to see if it is worth the approx. 6 month grind/wait required to accomplish it.

Potentially, the NX- goes to my Saurian, who was planned to use an NX- from 1 to 50 VA, and will now use it from 1 to 60 FA (obviously not in ASTFs or ESTFs) and the FACR-U to my Vulcan.

The cost is essentially too vast to consider attempting additional characters as well, something that continues to gnaw at me as I question whether STO is worth carrying on with, or if I should just cut my losses now.
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sardocian wrote: »
    I'll upgrade all my consoles to gold (100% exotic crit damage, fewer consoles used, so totally worth it). But the rest, nah.

Can I have your stuff? :):):)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wardcalis wrote: »

Of course!

At this pace, I'll be done around 2023.

Mustrum "It's good to have goals" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • isrorisror Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Of course!

At this pace, I'll be done around 2023.

Mustrum "It's good to have goals" Ridcully

That fast? I pegged mine around the Enterprise NX launch date
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No

#10characters
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • celticcrystalcelticcrystal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For a second there, I thought I had missed a new material type. I had visions of puttering around Sol system in a latinum-plated Connie for giggles.

But for the actual question, nah, not likely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    isror wrote: »
    That fast? I pegged mine around the Enterprise NX launch date

Treat it like any statistic on the internet. I have no idea when or if ever. But 2023 should be far enough away that no one will remember my lie, err, I mean estimate.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I intend to. It'll take ages though, because I'm not impatient.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Possibly, but I'm in no rush at all.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We all will over time. In about 6 months from now cryptic will introduce some item level above Gold/epic cause we all will have it. I suggest for the next level, Deity , celestial or Platinum.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    We all will over time. In about 6 months from now cryptic will introduce some item level above Gold/epic cause we all will have it. I suggest for the next level, Deity , celestial or Platinum.

Nope, next level must be Shatnerian