test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 FED Ship Query...

c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
I've just noticed via the cstore that Fed allied Romulans can't use Fed T6 ships. The tool tip says that my character is restricted from using it. My Romulan character is already Level 50 incase anyone asks lol.

Anyway, is it intended that Fed allied Romulans can't use Fed T6 Ships or a bug?

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've just noticed via the cstore that Fed allied Romulans can't use Fed T6 ships. The tool tip says that my character is restricted from using it. My Romulan character is already Level 50 incase anyone asks lol.

Anyway, is it intended that Fed allied Romulans can't use Fed T6 Ships or a bug?

Intended.

T5 and above faction ships are not useable by allies.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Romulans can't fly T5 ships of the other two factions either, why would it be different for T6 ?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I'd say intended as at Level 50 (and T5 prior to DR) there were plenty of T5 Fed ships Romulans are blocked from using (In game fiction - You are Fed allies; not Frd members, so they aren't going to just give a Romulan command of the latest tech.) You need to get one of the T6 native Romulan faction ships for use on a Romulan character.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only Federation T5 ship a Romulan can fly is the Support Cruiser Retrofit (Ambassador class retrofit) from the 4 day give away event.

This is actually due to an error on Cryptic's behalf. Fed-aligned Romulans were not supposed to be able to claim that ship, however, due to some coding error / oversight Fed aligned Romulans were in fact able to claim that ship. My Romulan scientist is currently flying the Support Cruiser Retrofit.

KDF aligned Romulans were not able to claim the Varanus from the KDF faction so it seems the coding error / oversight did not apply to Romulan that chose to align with the KDF.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I understand now. Thanks guys! :)