test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DS9 revamp maybe...

torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
I popped by DS9 to hook up with a friend, and it was so empty, so I wondered what if...

with revamped Elite STF's they could only be got at DS9, norm/advanced still in the ques..

just seems a shame with the station there and so empty, all that modeling is going to waste.. :(

it was a great social hub to meet people and go into battle.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Odd, every time I beam down (I'm there today) I beam on top of 4 or 5 people.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Go to the exchange/bank, always lots of people around.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I popped by DS9 to hook up with a friend, and it was so empty, so I wondered what if...

with revamped Elite STF's they could only be got at DS9, norm/advanced still in the ques..

just seems a shame with the station there and so empty, all that modeling is going to waste.. :(

it was a great social hub to meet people and go into battle.

another revamp ds9 thread time. all the previous ones ended up with nothing from it, im betting this one will be the same, nothing coming from it. if it gets recognized by a dev one day, then sure i will chip in, otherwise. ds9 will probably remain like this until the day its not.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ah well I'll say no more again..

not all of us get too the forums everyday and read every post..

my bad.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I bet they'll do a revamp of it if/when we start getting into the Gamma quadrant. Since the wormhole is the obvious method of getting there, DS9 would serve as a launch point for us to go over there. I wouldn't expect any revamps until then tbh.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Strictly speaking the OP does not understand the purpose of the Gamma Orionous sector block, which started life doing exactly what they are suggesting.

And went over like a lead balloon.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We will have to wait for Gamma Rising till DS9 get's a revamp. And this might take a very long time.
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think something needs to be done for all starbases. So many are baron and deserted. Even the Romulan Flotilla (which is a more recent addition to the game) is even more deserted than DS9.

I hope with a revamp that you are not suggesting asthetically, as that would ruin it.
  • sirtexassirsirtexassir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    all so what log in where you at? I meet up with a friend there and was like on number 6 and it was dead while he was on 1 and it was packed. Makes a difference to check that too.
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What possibly they could to to re-vamp DS9??, please, after the terrible work on the new ESD (space station, where?), do you want them to wipe out the shape of DS9 to look more like a shipyard, for example? well, i know canon things in STO are no longer common, but this will be catastrophic.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i think if they revamp it they should do it when or if we get cardassians since they built it