What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifers, did you purchse Delta Rising

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, was gonna see if I had any luck but since they wont announce till tomorrow... not gonna bother with buying this. They still have not released any details on what Bridge Officers we are getting and what Duty Officers and their skills, traits and if they have any R&D Schools ability.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd be guessing the Boffs are Talaxians and you get one of each career with the commander rank skill being rank 3.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I'd be guessing the Boffs are Talaxians and you get one of each career with the commander rank skill being rank 3.
    the boffs are various species. they're one of each class: tac, eng, sci. they're purples and need to be trained as they're skills are all at 0.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    the boffs are various species. they're one of each class: tac, eng, sci. they're purples and need to be trained as they're skills are all at 0.

Yes the skill is at 0 but the level of the skill is 3, ie Intel Team 3 instead of Intel Team 2

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    no

I only want 1 of the ships and the rest i wouldn't use, and since i only want 1 ship the price isnt worth that ship and the intel BO.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No.. I don't like any of these tier 6 ships and I really don't like the direction this expansion is steering the game in. I would be willing to pay for some actual content and new game systems that actually work. Ever since crafting has been introduced the quality of the new systems introduced have been alpha quality at best, I'm done supporting this game. When they actually start to expand the game maybe I'll give them some money :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did not purchase the pack either. I spent a lot on T5 ships with the impression that there would not be another teir to devalue my current purchases.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope, wallet is closed. More so because of Rivera's attitude and focus on exploitative game "design." Even more so since I blew a chunk of saved up stiped points on the Romulan pack when it went on sale this year... only to have all those ships made obsolete tomorrow. Throw in the STF nerfs and I'm most of a mind to throw up the middle finger at them - as a company.

All my toons are getting shifted to free upgrade ship avatars; and how long that keeps me playing.. who knows.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did not, like I've said in other threads I'm thoroughly disappointed with the two science ships and I had little interest in the other ships...just isn't anything I want in that pack.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did, for a few reasons.

1. When they become available in the Fleet. The upgrade will cost only 1 Fleet module.
    2. I actual like a few of the new ships.
    3. I like experimenting with new ship builds and they all have New and unique bridges.
    4. Exclusive doffs and boffs 3 each.
    5. Why the hell not, its only a drop in the bucket compared to what I've spent on the game over the last year.
    5. I'm a trekiee and I let Cryptic take advantage of me using the star trek IP.

Thats about it.
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    patrickngo wrote: »
    What,,,,
    Which all make perfect sense for a player who only plays one race.

Blended value means blended for the average player.

I strongly doubt there are people paying into the game who are not spread across race types.

Those who are that focused would already influencing the service/product. Freshman level database reporting would draw that out. There is not that laser focus on a specific playstyle. It's not happening.

Money follows revenue.
    I only want 1 of the ships and the rest i wouldn't use, and since i only want 1 ship the price isnt worth that ship and the intel BO.
    This is a rational value/purchase comment. For folks that want onlt a few things this observation makes a lot of sense.

The DR package is a balanced deal for blended players. Absolute comments are useless without context.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I strongly doubt there are people paying into the game who are not spread across race types.

I imagine that there are more than a few HoBOs who'd like a word with you.......
  • Options
    ciranferaciranfera Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm a lifer and I say no. But I have horror stories with cryptic support as the main reason.

The only ship I might get, would be the Eclipse.
  • Options
    lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No i did not buy the pack. Not much off interest in the pack except the guardian.
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did buy a Delta Rising Operations Pack but a common mistake people make is that the Pack is the ships and the expansion. The pack is only the ships. I also play all 3 factions pretty actively so all the ships help me out.
    This. You don't have to buy a damned thing to experience Delta Rising.
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope. /10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My household bought two. Been playing a long time and its cheap. I could spend that going out for the weekend... dinner and a few clubs. We also have two lifetime memberships that have paid for themselves many times over.

Like everyone else has said you can play all the content for free and these packs are just the window dressing not the expansion itself. I am looking forward to flying all those ships though.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope; there's really not anything which would make me go 'I want this NOW'. If there was at least one thing giving me this response, I probably would, but the way it is.. naw. <.<
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nope not worth it for a romulan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gar1979 wrote: »
    I know others have asked, so I am too, since I am entitled to create threads here. :rolleyes:

Also, if I purchase a life account, will I be allowed to feel entitled to a more validated opinion on the forums along with you? Discuss, and troll away :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Also, roll your eyes if you have a problem

Since this is a thinly veilled dig at lifers and you couldn't care less about the DR pack, I'll answer your underlying statement.

Yes if you pay money you'll feel more entitled to everything, other then being a Silver Leech who expects us to pay for everything so you can play the game and don't have to spend your mommy's hard earned money. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    oninotaki18oninotaki18 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did, I looked at it like this.

The delta rising pack has about $330 worth of stuff in it.
    I am interested in approximately $195 worth of the stuff in it as follows:

-I plan on buying 5 of the ships, at what will likely be 3000 zen each, so that's $150
    -I want to upgrade exactly 3 ships across my 8 toons, the pack comes with 3 upgrade tokens at 1000 zen each thats $30
    -I have a fed Sci Cardassian character that will be the character I explore all this intel stuff with, this pack takes care of all their needs. Probably $15 worth of zen store purchases there.
    -While I am not super interested in the fed intel ships, and the dauntless having the options for later when the bug bites is a good idea and if I purchase the pack they will essentially be free.

So I would save $70 in the immediate future by purchasing at the pre-purchase price and get a bunch of other goodies for free in case the bug bites me later.
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I did. There is enough in it I wanted to play with that I could justify it to myself. If nothing else, I can use it to unlock a full set of mastery traits for my Fed ships.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No way would I get the Delta Pack!

Not enough in it (that I want) to justify the cost, especially as the bits I do want will be gotten for free on launch...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    kelthuzad#7031 kelthuzad Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes indeed!:D
  • Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope. Not worth it. Those ships will be invalid once the fleet versions come out.

If it was for $40, i might buy the pack.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know others have asked, so I am too, since I am entitled to create threads here.

No one is entitled to post to forum; it is a privilege given by STO/Cryptic and PWE. :confused:
    Also, if I purchase a life account, will I be allowed to feel entitled to a more validated opinion on the forums along with you? Discuss, and troll away

Also, roll your eyes if you have a problem

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder... and to answer your question... yes, I did buy the DR just like everyone else (LTS or not LTS). :P
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nopes. I am going to spend it to buy dinner for my lady
    at least she will pay me back by being my filthy personal 5.8 ft tall french maid.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also, if I purchase a life account, will I be allowed to feel entitled to a more validated opinion on the forums along with you?

Not really. If anything, it'll make you more cynical. As for your title, I prefer not to answer since I've already given it and am sick of "anti-whales" pestering me at every turn.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm something of an alt-o-holic with several Fed, Romulan and KDF characters. Not all of them are going to want/need the T6 ships (several have perfectly good T5 builds with free upgrade options to T5-U once that goes live) but enough will have use for it that the pack was more than worth the investment. It's a big chunk of change to drop on anything but I look at it as an early birthday/Christmas gift to myself.