test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dawn of the Final Day

moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Ten Forward
It's almost time, my dear colleagues. This is it. The day before our excursion into the Delta Quadrant. We have braved much to get to this point. The Breen. The True Way. The Devidians. We have fought Borg up and down the Alpha Quadrant. We have fought Undine in the Dyson Sphere. We have lost many friends in this time and we have gained new allies or for some, rekindled old alliances. We survived the Hobus incident. We came back from the jaws of Sto'vo'kor. We traveled to the past to secure our future. We have done all of this and more.

But now we stand here, in the Jenolan Dyson Sphere, a mystery that leads us to an even greater mystery. A mystery we never got a chance to fully explore and understand. A sector of space that is home to some of the most ancient of species. The most powerful of technologies. The most dangerous of enemies. I am of course speaking of....The Delta Quadrant.

32 years ago, a Federation Starship named Voyager found itself propelled thousands of lightyears from the Badlands and thrust into the very heart of the Quadrant. Voyager saw many things in it's long trek to return home. What started as a seventy five year journey home became a seven year long triumph over this dangerous and terrible space. Voyager was too busy looking for home to truly explore the quadrant. But now, it's our turn. And unlike Voyager, we have our own shortcut home, so we have all the time in the universe.

Some of you may see this as a chance to follow in the footsteps of our dear Admiral Janeway. See the worlds she saw, interact with the species she did, learned the things she learned. Others view this as a way to rectify and atone for her controversial decisions. To right the wrongs and atrocities she has committed during her journey back. Some of you may even seek to exploit her path, seeking out paths of destruction for dominion over those people or try to PROFIT from the unsuspecting denizens of the Delta Quadrant.

I have no judgements for your motives. They are yours and yours alone to pursue. But the fact of the matter is more important than that. You are about to embark on an amazing and wondrous journey. You are about to take the first steps further than most of you have ever been. You will see stars you've only ever seen twinkling about your heads. You will meet species you've only seen in holo novels. You will experience things beyond your wildest dreams and fantasies.

Eat and drink well tonight, friends. Officers. Warriors. Scientists. Engineers. Heroes. Raise your glass high. For tonight, is our final night standing in this sphere. For tomorrow, we embark into new worlds. New experiences. New spaces. A toast to exploration! To the unknown!

To Starfleet!

To The Klingon Defense Force!

To the Romulan Republic!

TO DELTA!
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
Post edited by moonshadowdark on

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    * breaks out Disco Balls *

* Dances to the beat. *

Edit: From the title i thought it was the announcement of a new Zombie movie.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Today is the Eve of Delta Rising! I can't wait for tomorrow! I am not leaving here as soon as it strikes 1 pm EST, PST 10 am we sure all have a GREEN light to GO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To the epic server battles to come! *raises mug of bloodwine* The hamsters will be in Grethor by evening! Qapla'!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    32 years ago, a Federation Starship named Voyager found itself propelled thousands of lightyears from the Badlands and thrust into the very heart of the Quadrant. Voyager saw many things in it's long trek to return home. What started as a seventy five year journey home became a seven year long triumph over this dangerous and terrible space. Voyager was too busy looking for home to truly explore the quadrant. But now, it's our turn. And unlike Voyager, we have our own shortcut home, so we have all the time in the universe.

Pfah, typical Federation arrogance at its finest.

Listeners would do well to remember that when the legenday Voyager came to the Delta Quadrant, they found the IKS Vor'Kang already there, on its seach for the Kuvah'magh. With no easy shortcut, the crew of that vessel made the journey with their own strength.

So I say to you - honour the crew of the Vor'kang who put their faith and duty before their own lives, and truly blazed the trail to the Delta Quadrant.

Qapla'!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    * breaks out Disco Balls *
    questerius wrote: »
    * Dances to the beat. *

*Drinks too much bloodwine*

To Del......*hic*....ah, TRIBBLE Tuesday we'll go there Thursday. :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2014

32 years ago, a Federation Starship named Voyager found itself propelled thousands of lightyears from the Badlands and thrust into the very heart of the Quadrant...

*performs the running man dance under shiny disco balls*

Ummm Captain? With all due respect I think you may have have been mixing your Saurian Brandies and Romulan Ales and Klingon Bloodwines again. Cause it was 39 years ago that Voyager was first thrust into the heart of the Delta Quadrant..

Aside from that minor little pedantic quibble of mine I've got to say that was one hell of a rousing speech. So much so that I'm going to offer a silent prayer to the Prophets that the server hamsters last long enough to get us there before the Klingons slaughter them.. ;)
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To Starfleet!

To The Klingon Defense Force!

To the Romulan Republic!

TO DELTA!

TO THE TOILET!!!!

Truely where no trek has gone before :D
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TO THE TOILET!!!!

Clearly you've tasted Neelix his cuisine with extra Leiola root.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TO THE TOILET!!!!

LOL

DELTA IS a kind of toilet here in the USA (it's the name of the company that makes toilets).

Touche!

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Touche!

Touche?

isnt that another word for

Derrier? :confused:
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alexhayden wrote: »
    *performs the running man dance under shiny disco balls*

Ummm Captain? With all due respect I think you may have have been mixing your Saurian Brandies and Romulan Ales and Klingon Bloodwines again. Cause it was 39 years ago that Voyager was first thrust into the heart of the Delta Quadrant..

Aside from that minor little pedantic quibble of mine I've got to say that was one hell of a rousing speech. So much so that I'm going to offer a silent prayer to the Prophets that the server hamsters last long enough to get us there before the Klingons slaughter them.. ;)

I don't count any years where Neelix was involved, so 32 it is!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    LOL

DELTA IS a kind of toilet here in the USA (it's the name of the company that makes toilets).

Touche!

Yes, along with buttock, posterior, TRIBBLE, etc.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do you wanna fly a donut

Eat, drink, and be merry...for tomorrow We die and/or explore the delta quadrant.
    Bugs will run rampant, lag will spike. Bricks will fly, balloons and confetti will fall.
    And this'll be the ONE TIME the captain's table ever gets used...
    Although I guess you could just chill at the fleet star-base

You think the captain's table might have more than one instance tomorrow.
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha