test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 ships in lockboxes after update?

dmantacosdmantacos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
i got 10 master keys but i am hesitant to open boxes, should i wait until the update and will they add new stuff to lockboxes when delta rising comes out?

also separate question: upon reaching level 40 you receive a t4 ship, but not when you reach level 50 because it is up to you to spend money on endgame content or decide to stop playing, that's all good but when the tier 6 ships come out will they allow each player a t5 ship aswell for free upon reaching vice admiral?
Post edited by dmantacos on

Comments

• somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Of course there will be a T6 ship in a lockbox once DA launches.

They just don't want to announce it as it might hurt the DA Pack sales.

Why do you think they haven't mentioned the prices of T6 ships or the T5-U upgrade items?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • choromyslnychoromyslny Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dmantacos wrote: »
    also separate question: upon reaching level 40 you receive a t4 ship, but not when you reach level 50 because it is up to you to spend money on endgame content or decide to stop playing, that's all good but when the tier 6 ships come out will they allow each player a t5 ship aswell for free upon reaching vice admiral?

No. You already get a Tier 5 ship, actually.

Level 1-9: Tier 1
    Level 10-19: Tier 2
    Level 20-29: Tier 3
    Level 30-39: Tier 4
    Level 40-49: Tier 5
    Level 50-60: Tier 6 (C-store only, be they pre-DR or post-DR)

The Vice Admiral C-store stuff technically should be Tier 6, since it's something you can't get until level 50 (note the progression above) but it's been "endgame" for so long that it's never really been called anything but Tier-5 or Vice Admiral. They're still at least one console better (and sometimes better boff stations) than the Tier-5 ships you get at level 40, and then there's the Fleet ships, and now we have Tier-5 Upgrade, and it's just turned into a giant mess at level 50.

At this point I'd just call them by rank - Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, Commander, Captain, Rear Admiral, and Vice Admiral ships.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    as I understand it, even after the update the old lockboxes will be upgradable to t5u for free, they will add new t6 lockboxes at some point if not right away. but unless you happen to like the new ships more I don't see the difference either way
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    on a side note, with only 10 keys what are the odds your going to get a ship anyway :D
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Of course there will be a T6 ship in a lockbox once DA launches.

They just don't want to announce it as it might hurt the DA Pack sales.

Why do you think they haven't mentioned the prices of T6 ships or the T5-U upgrade items?

No, you don't know this for sure...

It's possible that the new Lock Box & Lobi ships will be T5U to avoid exactly what you're suggesting...

The reason they have not announced the T5U upgrade cost, is the same as why they have not announced T6 costs - it will all be put on the CStore come launch, until then Cryptic will not announce prices just as they did not with LoR until it launched...

Everything is some big conspiracy to some people...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • dmantacosdmantacos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    on a side note, with only 10 keys what are the odds your going to get a ship anyway :D

Lol so true xD
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd say it is very likely the new lockbox ships will be T6.

Ten console, extra boff seat, no fleet equivilant.

And I see no issue with that at all.
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If they are I wont fly one until Fleet T6 gets here. Only 10 consoles, no bonus stats, no thanks.

Unless it is really smexy.
  • xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wait till launch.

T6 will eventually come to lockboxes/lobi store (it's ridiculous to think they won't) and even if you don't win the ship from a box, just keep opening when you can afford to and eventually you'll have enough lobi to buy a decent T6 ship outright. In the process, you'll get some nice goodies you can either fit onto your ship or sell for good EC in the exchange which can be converted into more keys (lather, rinse and repeat).

Cheers
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    If they are I wont fly one until Fleet T6 gets here. Only 10 consoles, no bonus stats, no thanks.

Unless it is really smexy.

Oh, it'd have its unique console.

And ship mastery, probably a fifth trait too.

It would be T6, like the Guardian is T6.

So, a previous lock box gave a T5, with the free option to T5U.

The new lockbox T6 would be comparable to the old lock box T5 upgraded.

T6 has ten consoles to the T5u's eleven, but gains a boff seat and a fifth trait.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the lockbox ships will most likely be t5 and with a free upgrade, but stat wise will pwn anything before them. ^^
  • xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the lockbox ships will most likely be t5 and with a free upgrade
    Why on Earth would they do that? The only reason we can upgrade our old ships is so we can still use them in the expansion. They will release ships suitable for the expansion, come expansion. No upgrade required.
  • ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2014

0% is the chance
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cryptic only does powercreep

ofc it will be t6 lockbox
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just as current lockbox ships are T5Fleet equivalent, new lockbox ships will be T6Fleet equivalent.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tier 6 lockbox ships will have 11 consoles. Whether they originally come with 10 and get bumped up to 11 when Tier 6 Fleet ships are available or originally come with 11 consoles is something only the devs know.

The first "free" Tier 6 ship will be the Winter Event's grind ship. Whether that comes with an Intel Hybrid Bridge Officer seat is something only the devs know as well since they have said that not all Tier 6 ships will get the Intel Hybrid Bridge Officer seat.