test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DEVS PLS READ! Art request could lead to a new c-store pack!

captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
So I've been playing since the launch of the game and have spent many dollars to support this game. It's my only Mmo and I feel very satisfied with it.

I have never asked for anything but I MUST keep pushing for the following as it'll add a lot to the role players as well as bring authentic trek memorabilia to balance all the new and original content of the game. This request could add a lot of "trek" to sto.

I would really love to see a special "LEGACY PACK" that is sold via c-store, to support the game and dev team. This pack would consist of the following:

*legacy pack for die hard fans of star trek history*--
- LATE 23rd CENTURY STARSHIP INTERIOR PACK, (looks like the enterprise and excelsior bridges and hallways/quarters from star trek undiscovered country)

- CASUAL DUTY UNIFORMS CIRCA LATE 23rd CENTURY PACK, (kirks admiral tunic from the search for Spock, Scotty's engineers vest as seen in the next generation episode "relics" where they find Scotty on the dyson sphere. Engineers radiation suit. Admirals gold lining on the big maroon wrath of khan tunic & security uniforms with helmets as seen in the undiscovered country.

- TOS FLIP OPEN COMMUNICATOR EMOTE (when wearing tos or twok uniforms this action happens when beaming up to the ship, as well as unlocks a special emote)

- TOS TRANSPORTER EFFECT (this is a gold transport that happens for legacy pack owners. It could activate only if you are wearing tos uniforms. this is not such an important request but if it wasn't too difficult it'd be fun to have and the current Klingon transporter could be modified to look blue as seen in the undiscovered country and star trek the search for Spock..)

- LEGACY WEAPONS PACK, (TWOK phasers with pulsing beams and secondary beam is a series of small beams which set the target on fire. This secondary setting matches the scene when Kirk melts the slug that comes out of chekovs ear. Assault phaser pistol from the undiscovered country with bright blue beams and knock back effect. Secondary setting stuns. Phaser type 1 and 2 from the first season of TNG, accurate dolphin phaser from voyager, and phaser rifle from TNG. Enterprise phase pistols with more reddish orange beams and secondary effect is stun. Malcolm Reed's spacial charges, these act as mines that can possibly be set up on walls in passage ways *these spacial charges could also be stuck to an enemy like how archer blew up the reptilian on the xindi weapon.*)

- LATE 23rd CENTURY STARSHIP PHASERS. (the same pulsing/oscillating phasers you see in the wrath of khan, these phaser banks would only go on excelsior class, ambassador class, stargazers and constitution starships. They'd level up with your captain.)

- LATE 23rd CENTURY SHUTTLE CRAFT, (the same shuttle seen in star trek 5 the final frontier. This shuttle is a little longer in length and has the constitution refit style warp nacelles. This shuttle would have those pulsing phaser beams from twok, and a special console called "emergency plan B", which increases the shuttles maneuverability so much that all enemy fire misses the shuttle as well as the shuttle speed and turn rate greatly accelerate and the impulse engines glow bright blue. Sulu pulled this maneuver to crash in to the shuttle bay in star trek 5 the final frontier.)

This legacy pack really makes sense to me. It'll allow players to truly emerse themselves in to their own personal story line. This legacy pack would also open up new frontiers in the foundry because foundry producers can make 23rd century style missions as well as time travel style missions for players.

If theres a legal reason why you aren't allowed to create this content due to restrictions in your contract with Paramount then please let us know so we can drop this dream. I have noticed other players want to have a more complete 23rd century set.

Ps: having added ambassador class and recently Picards Stargazer, and having the watch of khan uniforms, shows there's room for 23rd century content in sto... But the twok costumes are grossly incomplete and I don't know why the tos communicator emote wasn't a given. Let's see a legacy pack PLLLLLEEEEEEASE!! <3:(
Post edited by captainperkins on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    While I agree that those items should be in STO I don't know if a legacy pack purchase would be what I'd like to see. Those items should be a given to be in the game, after all. Or at least make them available via single purchases as well.

Just one thing: You repeatedly mention the Ambassador, but it's a 24th century ship and also wouldn't use the "pulse phaser" effect as it was the first class to use phaser arrays, a quantum leap over the old phaser banks used in the 23rd century :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    I've forwarded your post to our Designers and Producers.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would suggest changing the name since there are already Legacy items in the C-Store. Legacy items refer to items that players bought pre-F2P that every character in the account can claim unlike now where they are character bound like the Engineering Liberated Borg Bridge Officer.
  • Options
    johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Love this idea. Lots of thought went into this... WELL DONE.

Some thoughts:

How about a string of these packs?

TOS pack; WOK pack; TNG pack; and so on...

Maybe also packs for the various factions (playable and non-playable)...
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Futher on Starkaos' post, there would definitely be a name change since there's already a "Legacy Pack" in the C-Store - the "Legacy of Romulus Legacy Pack", 16,000z.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They are a minority request denied.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is at least the second time someone has basically asked for a tmp era bundle. Common cryptic.
    Here's my old thread if it can help spur some discussion in here.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=903821
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They are a minority request denied.
    Then why did a dev straight out post in this thread that it was forwarded? :P

Maybe it won't be a priority thing, but it's certainly a possibility now
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    callevista wrote: »

Thanks for informing us. It is the little things like that which helps us feel like we are actually being heard.
  • Options
    jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    callevista wrote: »

Now that's awesome. Here's hoping something comes of this. I've been waiting for something like the OP asked for for a long time ever since the game launched. if not then that's OK. I'll be really happy if there is though.:D