test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for T5U Information

redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Academy
I am returning after a 2 month hiatus (waiting for Delta Rising to become a thing) and now I find that I can't access information on the blogs regarding upgrade information for T5U ships. I've tried iexplorer and chrome, but in both cases, the pics on ARC show up as broken/non-existant links. The STO wiki does not seem to have been updated with the T5U information that was given in the blogs.

Specifically, I was looking for the level 1-4 bonuses/upgrades. Is there an alternate site that lists the T5U level 1-4 bonuses for all the ships?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The pictures are currently missing but you can click on the spaces where the pictures were in the blogs and still advance through the system to see all the ships' stats.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. In the "Tier 5 Starship Upgrades" blog, I scroll down to the point where it says "As you can see, upgraded Tier 5 ships share many of the benefits of a Tier 6 starship with a few exceptions.
    Below is a table that outlines precisely which benefits T5-U and T6 ships receive."

The link to the table is broken. I cannot seem to click on anything (I tried). Ah well. Only 4 more days until it goes live and I can just see the info in game. Thanks for your help.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xALO4EsXkjlc9MZH8ry86rVUWGXuAxLIluaPZszwMjc/edit

I found that somewhere and copied it into my google drive.

I can't promise it is accurate, but it might help.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xALO4EsXkjlc9MZH8ry86rVUWGXuAxLIluaPZszwMjc/edit

I found that somewhere and copied it into my google drive.

I can't promise it is accurate, but it might help.

Thanks. The information I was looking for has not been officially released yet, so I would not be able to find it in a dev blog anyway. Various Tribble testers have been putting the information out. My fleet directed me to Reddit, which is where they get all their STO information.
  • imperionoctemimperionoctem Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Without meaning to necro, I thought it better to park this request here rather than start a new thread on something that had been previously, albeit incompletely, addressed.

Does anyone have a complete list of the exact effect of the 800d Veteran Starship Upgrade Requisition on each ship it can be applied to? I'm not entirely happy I can't just sell the thing off and stick the 8+ mill into my fleet, but gift horses mouths stink, and since I have only one and they cost a small fortune, I'd rather have a list of possible effects to choose from, than just randomly sticking it on whatever and ending up with a chocolate tea cozy, helicopter ejector seat, or other such wondrous machinations.
    Without meaning to necro, I thought it better to park this request here rather than start a new thread on something that had been previously, albeit incompletely, addressed.

Does anyone have a complete list of the exact effect of the 800d Veteran Starship Upgrade Requisition on each ship it can be applied to? I'm not entirely happy I can't just sell the thing off and stick the 8+ mill into my fleet, but gift horses mouths stink, and since I have only one and they cost a small fortune, I'd rather have a list of possible effects to choose from, than just randomly sticking it on whatever and ending up with a chocolate tea cozy, helicopter ejector seat, or other such wondrous machinations.

It is a regular Upgrade Token like the others.

Go to the Shipyard, to the Ship Selector (the guy where you change your ships), select a ship and click on the upgrade button. You see a preview of the changes that will happen. If you want it, click again on upgrade.

If not, select an other ship and check that.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Manfred's advice is spot on, it is exactly like any other upgrade token. There is an old reedit thread with most of the ships, but the best option is to visit the shipyard and look.

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2fkxl4/known_t5u_upgrades_from_tribble_ship_stat_spoiler/

Personally, I recommend using it on something where you might have or want the fleet version because you get both upgraded at once with a single upgrade token.

Alternatively, the kazon raider and apu cruiser need upgrade tokens to become 5u and the kazon is a decent ship. I assume the apu will be a decent cruiser.