test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: These are the voyages... (a role-play thread. All welcome!)

Comments

• kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    coblivionc wrote: »
    *Kran leans back in his chair.*

Kran: All right, we'll play your game. Move to the transmitted coordinates. Oh and Ellie, at the first sign of trouble.

Ellen: Yes, Sir.

*The Umbra moves to the coordinates and then hails New Romulus.*

Kran: Well we're here. Now will you please tell me what's going on?

*The Alidar's Revenge hails the Saith.*

OOC: The advanced Scimitar cloak of the Alidar's Revenge allows it to hail other ships without being traceable.

Tol'ina: Baroan, what's going on here?

*The Umbra gets the image of a scarred, old Romulan in extravagant military attire.*

Old Romulan: Hello Admiral. May I inquire why you have come here?

Baroan: Bad, bad stuff. The Emperor's dead, someone nearly killed me *Indicates wrapped head and broken arm*, and they also got D'Tan...

*He looks haunted.*

Baroan: They killed him and the Emperor in front of me, then all of my senior officers...

*He grits his teeth.*

Baroan: But they didn't get me.
  • coblivionccoblivionc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    *The Umbra gets the image of a scarred, old Romulan in extravagant military attire.*

Old Romulan: Hello Admiral. May I inquire why you have come here?

Baroan: Bad, bad stuff. The Emperor's dead, someone nearly killed me *Indicates wrapped head and broken arm*, and they also got D'Tan...

*He looks haunted.*

Baroan: They killed him and the Emperor in front of me, then all of my senior officers...

*He grits his teeth.*

Baroan: But they didn't get me.

Tol'ina: They? Who's they?

*After a bit of explanation Tol'ina sits back in her chair and bows her head. She looks close to tears. After a moment she looks up now looking angry. She slams her hands down on the arms of her chair.*

Tol'ina: I will NOT loose another home world! I will NOT! I'll contact the Remans, the Federation, the KDF, and anyone else I know I can trust. We WILL have mol'Rihan back!

OOC: The Romulan anarchists just woke a sleeping dragon. :)

*Kran rubs his temples.*

Kran: For the third time, Starfleet is concerned about the safety of mol'Rihan. We haven't received a comuni-

Shron: Sir! Take a look at this!

*Shron hands Kran a PADD which he looks over. He then looks up sharply.*

Kran: Ellie, NOW!

*The channel closes as the Umbra cloaks.*
    Only one thing is certain -- that is, nothing is certain. If this statement is true, it is also false. -Ancient Paradox
    edited October 2014
    Tol'ina: They? Who's they?

*After a bit of explanation Tol'ina sits back in her chair and bows her head. She looks close to tears. After a moment she looks up now looking angry. She slams her hands down on the arms of her chair.*

Tol'ina: I will NOT loose another home world! I will NOT! I'll contact the Remans, the Federation, the KDF, and anyone else I know I can trust. We WILL have mol'Rihan back!

OOC: The Romulan anarchists just woke a sleeping dragon. :)

*Kran rubs his temples.*

Kran: For the third time, Starfleet is concerned about the safety of mol'Rihan. We haven't received a comuni-

Shron: Sir! Take a look at this!

*Shron hands Kran a PADD which he looks over. He then looks up sharply.*

Kran: Ellie, NOW!

*The channel closes as the Umbra cloaks.*

Baroan:... Elements, I lo-

*He coughs then arranges his uniform.*

Baroan: Never mind. We have to leave, and get Kran as well. They have a full defense fle-

*Just then, the entire mol'Rihan Garrison Fleet warps in, throwing out scans for the cloaked Umbra.*

Baroan: -et.
    edited October 2014
    Baroan:... Elements, I lo-

*He coughs then arranges his uniform.*

Baroan: Never mind. We have to leave, and get Kran as well. They have a full defense fle-

*Just then, the entire mol'Rihan Garrison Fleet warps in, throwing out scans for the cloaked Umbra.*

Baroan: -et.

Tort: Sir the entire mol'Rihan Garrison Fleet just warped in. Their scanning for us.

Kran: Let them scan. Take us back to the gateway. Warp 9.

OOC: The Umbra's cloak is a phase cloak. Even if they find him before he warps out, they won't be able to do anything.

Tol'ina: The Umbra is heading out. Lets meet up with them at the gateway. Tol'ina out.

*The channel closes and the Alidar's Revenge warps out.*
    Only one thing is certain -- that is, nothing is certain. If this statement is true, it is also false. -Ancient Paradox
    edited October 2014
    Tort: Sir the entire mol'Rihan Garrison Fleet just warped in. Their scanning for us.

Kran: Let them scan. Take us back to the gateway. Warp 9.

OOC: The Umbra's cloak is a phase cloak. Even if they find him before he warps out, they won't be able to do anything.

Tol'ina: The Umbra is heading out. Lets meet up with them at the gateway. Tol'ina out.

*The channel closes and the Alidar's Revenge warps out.*

*The Saith follows.*

Baroan: I cannot wait until I can tear that wort's heart out and feed it to a targ...

*The Uhlans nod in agreement.*
    edited October 2014
    *The Saith follows.*

Baroan: I cannot wait until I can tear that wort's heart out and feed it to a targ...

*The Uhlans nod in agreement.*

OOC: Hmm... I really expected you to do something with the Umbra. Oh well.

*All the ships meet up at the gateway and hail each other to begin a conference.*

Kran: So, Baroan, you know the most about what has happened in the past 48 hours. What are we dealing with and what kind of backup should I bring?
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: We're dealing with half of the fleet from the inner sphere of the empire.

*He sighs.*

Baroan: And a somewhat sympathetic, sociopathic, manipulative tyrant that's taken over the Empire by charisma and one battle.
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: We're dealing with half of the fleet from the inner sphere of the empire.

*He sighs.*

Baroan: And a somewhat sympathetic, sociopathic, manipulative tyrant that's taken over the Empire by charisma and one battle.

Tol'ina: First thing's first. We need to reestablish the chain of command. Baroan, you are the highest ranking officer left alive.
    edited October 2014
    Tol'ina: First thing's first. We need to reestablish the chain of command. Baroan, you are the highest ranking officer left alive.

Baroan: Bu-b-but... you do realize you're putting me in charge of the country right? Well... what's left of it...

*He shivers.*

Baroan: I can do Intelligence but... *Sighs.* Fine. It's only temporary.
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: Bu-b-but... you do realize you're putting me in charge of the country right? Well... what's left of it...

*He shivers.*

Baroan: I can do Intelligence but... *Sighs.* Fine. It's only temporary.

Tol'ina: Ok. I'll contact the Remans.

Kran: I'll contact Starfleet and the KDF. Baroan, I think it's time for your first speech. You should contact whats left of the Romulan Empire. You are their new temporary leader after all.
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: There's a reason why I liked working in the shadows...

*He sighs, then looks at Tol'ina.*

Baroan: After you contact the Remans, can you... see me please? We need to talk...
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: There's a reason why I liked working in the shadows...

*He sighs, then looks at Tol'ina.*

Baroan: After you contact the Remans, can you... see me please? We need to talk...

Tol'ina: Of course.

*Kran receives notice from Starfleet that the 1st and 2nd fleets will be sent to assist as well as Vice Admiral Okazaki. Kran leans back in his chair.*

Kran: Here we go...

*The Remans agree to send half their forces to assist and the Klingons send General Ba'Dogok and five battlegroops.*

*Tol'ina beams over to the Saith.*
    edited October 2014
    Tol'ina: Of course.

*Kran receives notice from Starfleet that the 1st and 2nd fleets will be sent to assist as well as Vice Admiral Okazaki. Kran leans back in his chair.*

Kran: Here we go...

*The Remans agree to send half their forces to assist and the Klingons send General Ba'Dogok and five battlegroops.*

*Tol'ina beams over to the Saith.*

*She is met by an Uhlan.*

Uhlan: Please, this way, High Admiral.
    edited October 2014
    *She is met by an Uhlan.*

Uhlan: Please, this way, High Admiral.

*Tol'ina raises an eyebrow at this but begins following him.*

Tol'ina: Uhlan, you do realize I am just a commander right?
    edited October 2014
    Uhlan: Currently, it is the opinion among the crew that the Aefvriha will promote you temporarily because your his sou-

*He stops himself smoothly and continues.*

Uhlan: One of the few people he trusts. And you have a rather good reputation as a military commander.
    edited October 2014
    Uhlan: Currently, it is the opinion among the crew that the Aefvriha will promote you temporarily because your his sou-

*He stops himself smoothly and continues.*

Uhlan: One of the few people he trusts. And you have a rather good reputation as a military commander.

Tol'ina: Hmm... Well, please just refrain from calling me Admiral until I actually have the rank.

*She smiles.*

Tol'ina: I'm not sure I'd be cut out for Admiralty anyway. But if it is required of me...
    edited October 2014
    Tol'ina: Hmm... Well, please just refrain from calling me Admiral until I actually have the rank.

*She smiles.*

Tol'ina: I'm not sure I'd be cut out for Admiralty anyway. But if it is required of me...

*Uhlan leads her to the Ready Room.*
    edited October 2014
    *Uhlan leads her to the Ready Room.*

*She enters and turns to Baroan.*

Tol'ina: What is it you needed?
    edited October 2014
    *She enters and turns to Baroan.*

Tol'ina: What is it you needed?

Baroan: I need your help. Drastically.

*He looks nervous, pacing up and down the room.*
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: I need your help. Drastically.

*He looks nervous, pacing up and down the room.*

Tol'ina: Well, I'm here. What is it?
    edited October 2014
    Tol'ina: Well, I'm here. What is it?

Baroan: No, no. Not with a task. I mean with everything! I can't run the military, let alone a country!

*He turns to her, stricken.*

Baroan: I'm a washed-up spymaster! The military boys don't even know me! They wouldn't follow me!

*He takes a breath, trying to calm down.*

Baroan: But they know you, you can... can command them, they like you...
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: No, no. Not with a task. I mean with everything! I can't run the military, let alone a country!

*He turns to her, stricken.*

Baroan: I'm a washed-up spymaster! The military boys don't even know me! They wouldn't follow me!

*He takes a breath, trying to calm down.*

Baroan: But they know you, you can... can command them, they like you...

Tol'ina: Returning the favor are we? *sigh* Alright. Hopefully I won't get everyone killed.

*The Reaman fleet warps in followed closely by the Federation and Klingon fleets.*
    edited October 2014
    Tol'ina: Returning the favor are we? *sigh* Alright. Hopefully I won't get everyone killed.

*The Reaman fleet warps in followed closely by the Federation and Klingon fleets.*

Baroan: And we still need to talk about... that... thing...

*He rubs his neck.*
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: And we still need to talk about... that... thing...

*He rubs his neck.*

*Tol'ina crosses her arms and leans against the wall. She makes a mischievous smile.*

Tol'ina: And that "thing" would be?
    edited October 2014
    *Tol'ina crosses her arms and leans against the wall. She makes a mischievous smile.*

Tol'ina: And that "thing" would be?

Baroan: The thing that happened in the clearing... During the battle?
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: The thing that happened in the clearing... During the battle?

*Tol'ina immediately loses her smile. She is now obviously uncomfortable.*

Tol'ina: Baroan, is now really the best time to be discussing this?
    edited October 2014
    *Tol'ina immediately loses her smile. She is now obviously uncomfortable.*

Tol'ina: Baroan, is now really the best time to be discussing this?

Baroan: If you think we should, we'll talk about it later, but... We need to resolve this as soon as possible. We can't be distracted while we... Do what needs to be done.

*He looks uncomfortable as well.*
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: If you think we should, we'll talk about it later, but... We need to resolve this as soon as possible. We can't be distracted while we... Do what needs to be done.

*He looks uncomfortable as well.*

Tol'ina: You're right but... I... What about... *sigh* Ok... We might as well get this over with.
    edited October 2014
    Tol'ina: You're right but... I... What about... *sigh* Ok... We might as well get this over with.

Baroan: Alright... Let's sit down then...

*He gestures toward the couch.*
    edited October 2014
    Baroan: Alright... Let's sit down then...

*He gestures toward the couch.*

*Tol'ina takes a seat on the couch.*