Install Arc
Options

Real PVP - the awesome way to PVP

Comments

• Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    torach wrote: »
    I understood everything just fine, thank you..

You are trying to convince me that "Your certain classifications of PVP" requires alot more effort and alot more grind than "my classifications of pvp" and more or less glorify your view to be more challenging. I also see that its inconceivable for you to accept that there might exist great high-end players in the game that loves PVP and have made a spesific choice not to participate in "your classification", mostly because of the attitude you are displaying here right now.

Bluegeek made a real good description of what this is, its just "breast-beating" to convince others of your view, and i agree with him, we really don't need it here...or in the game in general..

ok you completely missed his point

he was not saying you are bad at PvP

he was saying that as you do not participate in XYZ, you are not qualified to judge XYZ

he said nothing of your skill in the areas of PvP you enjoy
  • Options
    torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ok you completely missed his point

he was not saying you are bad at PvP

he was saying that as you do not participate in XYZ, you are not qualified to judge XYZ

he said nothing of your skill in the areas of PvP you enjoy

Uhm, what? I don't think you get what im trying to explain here.. I really actually do not care if people think i suck at pvp, or at the game in general.

What i reacted on was the clearly condescending behaviour he was showing. Which I found disrespectful, not only towards me, but towards generally everyone that chooses not to participate in "XYZ".

And one should wonder then why so many people in this game don't want to participate in PVP.....
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Uhm, what? I don't think you get what im trying to explain here.. I really actually do not care if people think i suck at pvp, or at the game in general.

What i reacted on was the clearly condescending behaviour he was showing.

If I were to go to a meeting of the Underwater Basket Weaving and Deep Fried Chocolate Covered Butter Association, to talk to them about Real Underwater Basket Weaving and Deep Fried Chocolate Covered Butter...and though I might have a PhD in Alpine Basket Weaving as well as a certificate from Los Dos stating I can work magic with beans - just how would I expect them to react to my talking to them about Real Underwater Basket Weaving and Deep Fried Chocolate Covered Butter?

edit: Heh, I just think back to how many threads over the years where I spent so much time arguing with those guys that I wasn't trying to say what they do or should do - only that there's room in the game for folks that play at all sorts of levels, all different types of play, and that we should unite as a PVP Community against what Cryptic was doing and was not doing...rather than fighting amongst ourselves all the time. It's a rough one, cause there is going to be that "who the Hell are you?" thing going for it...and well, heh - I didn't really care. But I could still see their point where if they saw me as an outsider trying to say how they should play...when I was just arguing for all sorts of folks playing all sorts of ways.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If I were to go to a meeting of the Underwater Basket Weaving and Deep Fried Chocolate Covered Butter Association, to talk to them about Real Underwater Basket Weaving and Deep Fried Chocolate Covered Butter...and though I might have a PhD in Alpine Basket Weaving as well as a certificate from Los Dos stating I can work magic with beans - just how would I expect them to react to my talking to them about Real Underwater Basket Weaving and Deep Fried Chocolate Covered Butter?

Well, there are many factors that you should take into consideration. Maybe the Underwater Basket Weaving and Dep Fried Chocolate covered butter association had problems with the waterpumps for the underwater basket waving factory, and that getting spareparts for this was quite expensive and had a problem with lack of moral towards getting the work done maintaning them. And lets say that the Alpine Bakset Weaving association had a reputation for high standard and moral amongst the workers and known to be able to "get the work done fast", also having simular problems with their waterpumps of the same design, and had a better logistics department and had connections to be able to get the spareparts fairly cheaper. And if an understanding would come to pass, they could celebreate with a Deep Fried Chocolate Covered Butter feast and share their experiences. And maybe even come to an understanding that it doesn't matter where you weave the baskets, as long as you accept that there might be other perhaps efficient ways of doing things and learn to adapt and accept innovation.
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • Options
    usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You don't realize at all do you? That you are being condescending?

Also, first you say you don't care if i create threads, channels etc.. then you start again with the assumptions on why i created this thread and channel, I thought you didn't care?

Of course, I dont care I just summarized the impressions of other people who replied after the creation of your thread. I mean something must have happened if you get such a massive negative backlash after forming "RealPvP". The signs are tending to a disrespectful and derogative treatment of other players having their own view about space pvp ingame.

You and your opinion want to be respected and tolerated? Then treat all the other persons with dignity and courtesy by respecting and appreciating their perspective and statements ingame on the first place.
    Human communication and interaction is mutual to each other. It already starts with the thread's title and continues characterizing throughout the entire written text which could be regarded as utter provocation for some people.

I did similar mistakes in the past due to my own ignorance, the language barrier (german - english) and its differing cultures and mentalities. It has been a good lecture to me and I've been learning alot from that since then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    as long as you accept that there might be other perhaps efficient ways of doing things and learn to adapt and accept innovation.

Going into a grocery store, walking up to the manager, and suggesting that the store sell groceries isn't exactly innovative.

It's where some channels/groups have gone into the grocery store, walked up the manager, and suggested they deal in natural foods, bulk foods, quick-prep foods, some sort of national cuisine, or the like. They're trying to do something different...

"Unlimited" PvP is the norm...it's not innovative.

edit: Yes, I'm bored...I hate this Finishing TRIBBLE. I can see it at my funeral now, everybody will be standing around as they drop me in the ground - looking at their watches while the priest is humming "Finishing"...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Going into a grocery store, walking up to the manager, and suggesting that the store sell groceries isn't exactly innovative.

It's where some channels/groups have gone into the grocery store, walked up the manager, and suggested they deal in natural foods, bulk foods, quick-prep foods, some sort of national cuisine, or the like. They're trying to do something different...

"Unlimited" PvP is the norm...it's not innovative.

edit: Yes, I'm bored...I hate this Finishing TRIBBLE. I can see it at my funeral now, everybody will be standing around as they drop me in the ground - looking at their watches while the priest is humming "Finishing"...

As it should be the norm. And embracing the diversity this game has to offer, one can actually be quite innovative.

I'm still impressed by this feature by such a degree that im surpriced every time someone call "broken", "hax", " OP" or simular statements. Thinking that if one can rise above themselves and admit that there might be something they have not taken account for, or did not think of that made them explode...

The Real PVP channel was created to be a place where people can get advice, share build ideas without having to be judged.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Of course, I dont care I just summarized the impressions of other people who replied after the creation of your thread. I mean something must have happened if you get such a massive negative backlash after forming "RealPvP". The signs are tending to a disrespectful and derogative treatment of other players having their own view about space pvp ingame.

You and your opinion want to be respected and tolerated? Then treat all the other persons with dignity and courtesy by respecting and appreciating their perspective and statements ingame on the first place.
    Human communication and interaction is mutual to each other. It already starts with the thread's title and continues characterizing throughout the entire written text which could be regarded as utter provocation for some people.

I did similar mistakes in the past due to my own ignorance, the language barrier (german - english) and its differing cultures and mentalities. It has been a good lecture to me and I've been learning alot from that since then.

Again, you are making assumptions and apparently made conclusions from those.... And now you are tryng to explain to me why i created this thread and channel based on those conclusions?

I have not even once in this thread ever directly been disrespectful against any spesific player nor group of players. I have only described, like i did in my original post that i am against scrubbing and i feel that it in the long run might not be good for pvp in this game.

Thats my opinion. And no condescending replies will make me change that opinion.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The Real PVP channel was created to be a place where people can get advice, share build ideas without having to be judged.

But in doing so, judge all others - no?

Isn't that divisive to the PvP community and something that plays into Cryptic's hands?

Did you see that Neverwinter thread about the PvP stuff they've got there that some folks have been asking for here?

Instead of being accepting, "Hey, these guys like to fight this way. Those guys like to fight that way." - folks keep going after one another for it. I grumbled in this thread about how the VPvP thread even started off...

Here is what it originally said:
    voporak wrote: »
    I have started a channel called VPvP for the vanilla PvP idea I suggested. It is for forming PvP matches without needing the best uber gear, and eliminates all the garbage and power creep of normal PvP.

This is how voporak changed it:
    voporak wrote: »
    I have started a channel called VPvP for the vanilla PvP idea I suggested. It is for forming PvP with basic ships and gear in a fun and balanced environment.

The potential antagonism removed - just offering something to folks without pointing the finger at anybody else because they enjoy something else.

This thread on the other hand...continues to point fingers.

I've never PvP'd in this game like I have in other games - Hell, I don't even PvP in this game like I used to...but I still want the PvP community to grow. It's a diverse community. There's going to be rivalries, but some of the arguing is just detrimental to the community as a whole, in my most very "who the Hell is this guy?" humble opinion.
  • Options
    jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    who the hell is this guy?.... whats RPvP?..... Whats VPvP?.....Why the hell am I here?.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jacknm1 wrote: »
    who the hell is this guy?.... whats RPvP?..... Whats VPvP?.....Why the hell am I here?.....

to be or not to be, that is the question
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    to be or not to be, that is the question

Ugh... I always hated Shaky. Booooring author.

edit: lol
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have only described, like i did in my original post that i am against scrubbing and i feel that it in the long run might not be good for pvp in this game.

Thats my opinion. And no condescending replies will make me change that opinion.

You keep making this point but what about our alts? I have 10 level 60 characters that before it was possible to keep them mostly up to date, but it is now out of the question. I will keep 1 or 2 up to date now but why should my other 8 never get to pvp anymore? If I were to use them in pvp again it would have to be with "scrubbing" many other PVPers are in the same situation and will likely remain that way unless the game is made more alt friendly again.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    You keep making this point but what about our alts? I have 10 level 60 characters that before it was possible to keep them mostly up to date, but it is now out of the question. I will keep 1 or 2 up to date now but why should my other 8 never get to pvp anymore? If I were to use them in pvp again it would have to be with "scrubbing" many other PVPers are in the same situation and will likely remain that way unless the game is made more alt friendly again.

Yeah, DR took a massive step toward being unfriendly to alts after some of the steps they took earlier with the Sponsorship Tokens, the Event Ship Discounts, even the Daily Reward Boxes, eh? Though, it's mainly going to be a case of time - sure, after a period of time they might get upgraded with everything...but that depends on what else is dropped out during that period of time.
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i really wish you knew what you are talking about, while i agree PvP in this game has issues. VPvP has a large number of Inner Circle, HoBo , sad panda, 32nd vipers.

if you think those groups dont know how to PvP........

Don't know or care who any of those groups are. I call it as I see it. If I'm wrong, so be it. But the way its been described in other posts, that's my view on vpvp.
  • Options
    ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just because I enjoy VPvP doesn't mean i wont play normal PvP. For me at least, VPvP is like a reminder to old days, when putting ur shield power to 125 meant more than hitting a uni console. Its just fun, cheap and refreshing.

Make ur channel, i need all the help i can get to continue a normal PvP toon.
    :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    usshannibalusshannibal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Again, you are making assumptions and apparently made conclusions from those.... And now you are tryng to explain to me why i created this thread and channel based on those conclusions?

I have not even once in this thread ever directly been disrespectful against any spesific player nor group of players. I have only described, like i did in my original post that i am against scrubbing and i feel that it in the long run might not be good for pvp in this game.

Cite N° 978,425

These so-called "assumptions" are based on opinions of dozens of players who posted their statements in here and It is foolish to presume that everyone of them was just harassing you. I have been observing the run of this debate right from its onset in an outer perspective and 3rd person view. I clearly distanced myself from both pvp-styles with the necessary explanation and argumentation.
    I am more than convinced that all this hostility expressed towards you by a majority especially in the first 50 posts don't arrive from nowhere. It is always mutual.

Regardless I wonder where you caught up the fairytale thesis in my cited quote above. Are you able to see any reference to me evaluating your behaviour and action in this forum thread? If that is the case say so because I only could find the arguments which contained statements about your attitude and way of behaviour being judged ingame according to reports of numerous persons in here some pages back. Obviously, you presented yourself adequately on the forums but not as it means to be ingame and you cannot deny it because the hints argue against you in any case.

Besides, it's funny to see how you continously attempt to modify and alter the expressive content of my replies preferably in favor of your point of views in order to downplay mine by calling my responses as "condescending" and the most part of the other ones as flaming/trolling as soon as it didn't match your "perfect imaginations" leading to the logical conclusion that you only want to see/read what is beneficial for you, profitting your channel and fits in the image of your thread. I thought you'd be open to constructive criticism, don't you remember?;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Department=-
    Hannibal's YouTube PvP-channel (under construction)
    More Inner Circle PvP-Action worth watching from: Hank, Mira Theng and Zimbilimbim
  • Options
    waffadeuce1waffadeuce1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ugh... I always hated Dante. Booooring author.

Dante.... who the hell is that guy?

Trololo & Kill Feddie.

Will 'Waff' Shakespeare
  • Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Jeesh hannibal, calm down. Sounds like you're attacking him. I think he's been polite in his responses.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ugh... I always hated Dante. Booooring author.

But... That's... From... Shakespeare..... You.... NOOOIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! NOOOOO!!! :confused:
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    But... That's... From... Shakespeare..... You.... NOOOIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! NOOOOO!!! :confused:

Gio we both know we hate literature :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »

well from the new crafting system, all the items crafted there are account bound.........
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Cite N° 978,425

These so-called "assumptions" are based on opinions of dozens of players who posted their statements in here and It is foolish to presume that everyone of them was just harassing you. I have been observing the run of this debate right from its onset in an outer perspective and 3rd person view. I clearly distanced myself from both pvp-styles with the necessary explanation and argumentation.
    I am more than convinced that all this hostility expressed towards you by a majority especially in the first 50 posts don't arrive from nowhere. It is always mutual.

Regardless I wonder where you caught up the fairytale thesis in my cited quote above. Are you able to see any reference to me evaluating your behaviour and action in this forum thread? If that is the case say so because I only could find the arguments which contained statements about your attitude and way of behaviour being judged ingame according to reports of numerous persons in here some pages back. Obviously, you presented yourself adequately on the forums but not as it means to be ingame and you cannot deny it because the hints argue against you in any case.

Besides, it's funny to see how you continously attempt to modify and alter the expressive content of my replies preferably in favor of your point of views in order to downplay mine by calling my responses as "condescending" and the most part of the other ones as flaming/trolling as soon as it didn't match your "perfect imaginations" leading to the logical conclusion that you only want to see/read what is beneficial for you, profitting your channel and fits in the image of your thread. I thought you'd be open to constructive criticism, don't you remember?;)

Dude.. I.. uhm seriously? I mean, I'm just baffled.. because, yeah i said i was open for constructive critisism, and i have replied to your posts the best i could..

But it seems like you are so determined to be the one that has the right answers and conclusions that i have nothing more to say to you regarding this issue man... The only reason i first of all bothered to reply to you, was because i found your posts quite condescending towards both me, and players that perhaps might or might not be wanting to participate in what you call "high end fleet vs fleet pvp". It's as you deem this to be the pinacle and the ultimate form of challenge PVP has to offer in this game.. as this might be true or not, i wont even bother to raise that question, because i really do not care if it is or not.

I think your issues here might lay elsewhere than just you having the need to try to convince me and others that your conclusions are the correct ones.. and i will leave it at that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »
    Jeesh hannibal, calm down. Sounds like you're attacking him. I think he's been polite in his responses.

I know, right?
  • Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ill takean invite buddy i do all pvp i aint shy :)
  • Options
    grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited October 2014
    Hello, ..

sorry I should have got a question .. I have not really understood where now the difference is between this and the normal PVP from the game.

Are at your PVP some Hardcore stuff .. are these PvP party tools allowed? Console swapping? Massive Trash Talk? Or some new stuff we dident know?

Nice if you could explain to me again in more detail.

Thank you.

If you do not mind you can make me like to invite.. I've always wanted to play real PvP. So far I've only played with failures in the arena. All these years for nothing, damn it.

regards

PS. Plz stop flaming / trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    grandpadxx wrote: »
    Hello, ..

sorry I should have got a question .. I have not really understood where now the difference is between this and the normal PVP from the game.

Are at your PVP some Hardcore stuff .. are these PvP party tools allowed? Console swapping? Massive Trash Talk? Or some new stuff we dident know?

Nice if you could explain to me again in more detail.

Thank you.

If you do not mind you can make me like to invite.. I've always wanted to play real PvP. So far I've only played with failures in the arena. All these years for nothing, damn it.

regards

PS. Plz stop flaming / trolling.

Its just a channel, where you can discuss builds and ideas without having people judging you for what items, or powers you choose to use.

I used to have Opvp channel up all the time, and i often saw people claiming for example that a2b was cheating, and should be nerfed. And the whole thing always ends up in a flamefest. So i wanted to create a different place for the people that maybe find this "scrubbing-behaviour" in bad taste.

If people wants to use the channel to find oponents for pvp that is also fine, people are free to do what they want.

Also, I guess many people think i created this thread because im an attention seeker and seeking "popularity". I wouldn't care less if someone liked me or not in this game, also if i only end up with 10 people in the channel, thats fine too. Ofcourse i would like to see it have more..

There has already been players i have never seen or heard of in the game, that wanted to join, because they share my views. And this is the biggest reward i have gotten for doing what i did with this thread and channel. And personally from discussions with some of these people i have already gotten new ideas for builds, and i have helped them towards getting new ideas themselves.

But hey, apparently what im doing is flaming, trolling, and im a bad bad man, that needs to be shut down...but if people wants to believe this, they are ofcourse free too. But i will respond to them if they come with posts in this thread claiming i do this for different purposes.

-

Personally I don't do this consoleswapping, but i wont judge if someone do, it really doesnt change anything for my gameplay... i just accept that it happends, and adapt to it instead.

In my personal opinion regarding trashtalk, i really dont mind it. but i suspect the reason for alot of the trashtalk is because people have difficulties dealing with the constant meta.. and its understandable, one week you are at top of the foodchain, and next week, someone has figured out a way to beef their build up, and suddenly they get the edge over you.. some people has really problems accepting defeat in these circumstances. And trashtalk becomes an outlet for frustration because of this.

I would like to take this opertunity to promote this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1245501 - The one that explains that NWN has pvp features far superior to STO.. and that shows us that they have a system for it, based on the same platform STO is on.. meaning they can port these features over, the same way they did with the r&d system. I don't know if it will make much difference, but show your support and bump that thread up as much as you can, without breaking the forum rules! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    grandpadxx wrote: »

I would of invited you if it was not for your futile attemt of using sarcasm to ridicule. I dont want to have people with this kind of attitude in the channel.
This discussion has been closed.