test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (October 9, 2014)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, October 9th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance. There is no patch being applied. We expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    NO PATCH???

BRING FORTH THE DOOM-SPEAKER!!!

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, that's enough for one patch thread. See you in the morning with bacon and toast, Trendy!
  • heresincebetaheresincebeta Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wonder when we'll get the Operations Pack available on Steam? Only 7 days till expansion...
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There are a lot of things that don't upgrade properly. I'm disappointed to see no further progress being made on these.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wonder when we'll get the Operations Pack available on Steam? Only 7 days till expansion...

october 14.......
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No patch? I guess sto has closed down for good eh?
    Not even bothering to try anymore . They just gave up.

Oh this isn't the doom thread...
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • subzeroinfinitysubzeroinfinity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why no patch 10\9\2014. The last patch has caused problems and P.W. is not going to fix them. What a surprise. WOW I mean with game client freezing and patching every time you logon and leave the game P.W. still is not going to fix this group of problems. :mad::mad::confused::confused:
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why no patch 10\9\2014. The last patch has caused problems and P.W. is not going to fix them. What a surprise. WOW I mean with game client freezing and patching every time you logon and leave the game P.W. still is not going to fix this group of problems. :mad::mad::confused::confused:

Wow, just wow..
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's the ninth already? Only five more days until Delta Rising? Man, where has this month gone?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014

They're pre-patching for the expansion so it isn't quite as much of a cliffpocalypse magedonnacaust as the LoR release. I must admit that it's not a terrible plan.
  • robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    "October 9 from 7-9 AM Pacific (1500-1700 UTC)"
    7-9 AM Pacific (Daylight) is 1400-1600 UTC, not 1500-1700.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought they tried pre-patching for Legacy too and it still wound up being chaos...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours.

Poor server hamsters only get a 2.5hr rest? :(
    edited October 2014
    I thought they tried pre-patching for Legacy too and it still wound up being chaos...

because the pre-patching was/is not well explained, so that little bit of patch people still needed took a ton of time becaise all these people needed the full thing
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There are a lot of things that don't upgrade properly. I'm disappointed to see no further progress being made on these.

^^ This. /10
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hope they fix the frigging lag issues. I've had my ship become unresponsive, where I couldnt move, and clicking powers did nothing. Repsawn button wouldnt respawn and had to /quit. Also the odd time the screen will freeze for a second or so.

UI lag is still bad.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's getting a huge patch on Tuesday. Unless there is something absolutely game breaking, it will probably be handled then.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, October 9th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance. There is no patch being applied. We expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

worffan101 wrote: »
    NO PATCH???

BRING FORTH THE DOOM-SPEAKER!!!

-snip-

Alright, that's enough for one patch thread. See you in the morning with bacon and toast, Trendy!

Didn't expect a patch this close to the release of DR. Besides, how would it look if the patch notes stated: "Mandatory break for the hamsters"
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • darthgokudarthgoku Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, October 9th, at 7AM PDT for our weekly scheduled maintenance. There is no patch being applied. We expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Seriously You could at least fix the constant patching at login and exit or the game client freeze issue.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darthgoku wrote: »
    Seriously You could at least fix the constant patching at login and exit or the game client freeze issue.

They've got the game set up to automatically look to see if your version is up-to-date with what They have released in the last week.

It's always like this before a big addition to the game.

It will stop once D.R. hits next Tuesday.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    So I'm NOT the only one who stayed around to see these? LOL
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    darthgoku wrote: »

As already stated, thats a pre-patch FOR the incoming DR content, the idea of which is to try and reduce the amount you need to download on the day. Its meant to help you.

Now as for fixing things, do me a favour and change your text from dark blue. Its near impossible to read on a black background! :P

As for this Non-patch maintenance..... Server hamster approves :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Run for it, it's Forum Nanny! :eek:

OMG Where!!....oh wait! HEY! :P
    server_hamster6.png
  • hunterkiller64hunterkiller64 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Run for it, it's Forum Nanny! :eek:
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    OMG Where!!....oh wait! HEY! :P

time to change your sig to a pick of Mary Popins lo l:D

BTW love the sig lol
    P.s DDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hope the investment into the Delta Rising meant a better scope on network infrastructure! Event to handle massive incoming/outgoing node connections! Otherwise going to see a repeat of the same unbalance like at the Dyson Sphere in certain hollow-deck map key locations.

Space Battle Zone
    Ground Battle Zone

Like the Bug Hut Ground Battle Zone (looks similar to Nimbus III on the desert critters minus the earth worms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just a few more days. I hope they have prepared in advance for the mass amount of people trying to play on the 14th. I know STO is just the one (live) server, but it seems at times that they are hitting capacity.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, they definitely gave up on fixing game breaking bugs and the upgradeable items? i hope you all guys enjoy DR, because it is the las thing you going to see lol. Its nice to see people dont give a xxk anymore about fixing any bug. Cryptic finally achieved what they wanted :D
    edited October 2014
    time to change your sig to a pick of Mary Popins lo l:D

BTW love the sig lol
    P.s DDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

a phaser shot helps the tribble go down

lalalalalala :P